Class B Golf 2007

Postby kitty » Wed May 23, 2007 7:53 am

Ya know, Hazen and Beulah, though they aren't going as a team, still have 4 individuals going a piece.  That would really bite if they end up doing really well at state as teams, but can't count it because they didn't actually make it to state as a team.   I can see this happening too. 
kitty

Postby kitty » Wed May 23, 2007 8:07 am

bobbyjones wrote:Boys individual will be Jacob Wheeling and team will be Oakes. Girls team will be Watford City but the individual is a toss up between Paige Anderson, Krista Lambrecht, Briana Langowski, and Molly Swanston.

I may be biased, but I don't think Wheeling will take the state title this year.  It's been his year for the regular season, but look back at the dominant player from Region 5 last year, and that's where I think you'll find a state champion. 

As for teams, I don't think there's any clear-cut standout in the field this year.  It's gonna be a close tournament.
kitty

Postby twiz11 » Wed May 23, 2007 12:40 pm

bobbyjones wrote:Boys individual will be Jacob Wheeling and team will be Oakes. Girls team will be Watford City but the individual is a toss up between Paige Anderson, Krista Lambrecht, Briana Langowski, and Molly Swanston.

You probably meant Oak Grove right.  Because Oakes didn't even qualify for state.
twiz11

Postby Johhnyping » Thu May 24, 2007 6:05 am

As I see it.....All the pressure is on the teams out West. The tourney is in their backyard.  The east has dominated Class B golf the last 4 years. Lets see if the West can handle the pressure of being the favorites
Johhnyping
NDPreps Starter

Postby feeshattack » Thu May 24, 2007 7:34 am

Johhnyping wrote:As I see it.....All the pressure is on the teams out West. The tourney is in their backyard.  The east has dominated Class B golf the last 4 years. Lets see if the West can handle the pressure of being the favorites

how you figure east has dominated.... and its not in the west backyard, half of the teams going from the west havent even played out at the Links
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Johhnyping » Thu May 24, 2007 7:42 am

feeshattack wrote:
Johhnyping wrote:As I see it.....All the pressure is on the teams out West. The tourney is in their backyard.  The east has dominated Class B golf the last 4 years. Lets see if the West can handle the pressure of being the favorites

how you figure east has dominated.... and its not in the west backyard, half of the teams going from the west havent even played out at the Links

East has won 3 of the last 4 ........That how I figure
Johhnyping
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tu-Big » Thu May 24, 2007 1:12 pm

Johhnyping wrote:
feeshattack wrote:

East has won 3 of the last 4 ........That how I figure

Were all 3 teams from Oak Grove? Must be nice to get a couple of the best golfers in the state to transfer in for a couple years.
Tu-Big

Postby feeshattack » Thu May 24, 2007 2:49 pm

Oak Groove is goin to the state meet this year to right??
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby linksman » Thu May 24, 2007 7:06 pm

Before you go too far down that road, keep in mind that since the inception of open enrollment, there have been way more "transfers" from public school district to public school district.   Private schools are of course easy targets for those who despise them, or are not willing to face the truth.
linksman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby linksman » Thu May 24, 2007 7:44 pm

I dont know about Lockert, but Seil,  the freshman from Trinity Christian qualified individually as an eighth grader,  finished  70 something
linksman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri May 25, 2007 4:26 pm

Jacob Wheeling will not win the Class B Golf Title.  He has only one on 3 golf courses I believe, and they all could be classified as his home course.  Jacob Wheeling has been a solid golfer this year-deserves the honor of top senior this year, but majority of the tournaments have been in the west, where he golfs...take these three courses out of the mix, and he hasn't won.  My earlier prediction back many months ago had new salem  winning the region-and I was only 1 stroke off team total prediction(sure, I'll take a medal or cookie :)  )   I believe Garrett Schultz will beat Jacob Wheeling for the State Title....
bigpoppakdog

Postby Weezy Baby » Sat May 26, 2007 6:24 am

not saying i agree or disagree, b/c they are both extremely good golfers, but being FROM new salem probably fades your outlook on the whole thing wouldn't you say?
Weezy Baby

Postby Tu-Big » Sat May 26, 2007 2:16 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:Jacob Wheeling will not win the Class B Golf Title.  He has only one on 3 golf courses I believe, and they all could be classified as his home course.  Jacob Wheeling has been a solid golfer this year-deserves the honor of top senior this year, but majority of the tournaments have been in the west, where he golfs...take these three courses out of the mix, and he hasn't won.  My earlier prediction back many months ago had new salem  winning the region-and I was only 1 stroke off team total prediction(sure, I'll take a medal or cookie :)  )   I believe Garrett Schultz will beat Jacob Wheeling for the State Title....

Last time i checked, Red Mike was in the western part of the state, and im pretty sure he's golfed at Red Mike more than most who will be participating in the tourney. I think he has as good a shot as anybody just because of the distance he can get off the tee, if its windy out at Red Mike, which more than likely it will be, his chances of winning go up because he does hit it so long. Another thing i like about his chances is that he plays Killdeer's course, which has alot of similarities with Red Mike; the native grass, elevation change, and wind. 
Tu-Big

Postby feeshattack » Sat May 26, 2007 3:58 pm

Tu-Big wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:Jacob Wheeling will not win the Class B Golf Title.  He has only one on 3 golf courses I believe, and they all could be classified as his home course.  Jacob Wheeling has been a solid golfer this year-deserves the honor of top senior this year, but majority of the tournaments have been in the west, where he golfs...take these three courses out of the mix, and he hasn't won.  My earlier prediction back many months ago had new salem  winning the region-and I was only 1 stroke off team total prediction(sure, I'll take a medal or cookie :)  )   I believe Garrett Schultz will beat Jacob Wheeling for the State Title....

Last time i checked, Red Mike was in the western part of the state, and im pretty sure he's golfed at Red Mike more than most who will be participating in the tourney. I think he has as good a shot as anybody just because of the distance he can get off the tee, if its windy out at Red Mike, which more than likely it will be, his chances of winning go up because he does hit it so long. Another thing i like about his chances is that he plays Killdeer's course, which has alot of similarities with Red Mike; the native grass, elevation change, and wind. 

exactly why wheeling will shoot better than shultz, i think that wheeling will win it all
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Thunder66 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:17 pm

well wheeling has 5 shots to make up if he wants to win it
Thunder66

Postby kitty » Wed May 30, 2007 6:04 pm

feeshattack wrote:
Tu-Big wrote:

exactly why wheeling will shoot better than shultz, i think that wheeling will win it all

Ah snap, Shultz won.  He's been wanting that victory a long time, and he favors links courses as well. 

In other news, kitty played like crap (understatement).  :(
kitty

Postby Tu-Big » Wed May 30, 2007 7:04 pm

kitty wrote:
feeshattack wrote:
Tu-Big wrote:

Ah snap, Shultz won.  He's been wanting that victory a long time, and he favors links courses as well. 

Congratulations to Shultz, he earned that one, the younger Dufault gave him a run for his money. The way i saw it all the pressure was on Shultz to hold off Dufault and he came through in the clutch, the weather was absolutely terrible too. In other news Tu-Big played about as good as kitty did.
Tu-Big

Postby SJ_Woodchuck » Wed May 30, 2007 7:05 pm

Claz B Fan wrote:Well he could be but last year at state e went like 74 87 or something like that

yeah last year he was a sophmore now he is a junior and hes placing in state
SJ_Woodchuck
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Wed May 30, 2007 7:38 pm

anybody got team results?
project-pat

Postby gmac90 » Thu May 31, 2007 9:23 am

Oak Grove won once again edging out Killdeer by a stroke, and I believe Larimore was third.  Oak Grove shot 650 (317-333) to Killdeer's 651 (330-321).

And how about the future of North Dakota Class B Golf?!?  Two 8th graders in a playoff for the State Championship, a freshman in the last group, another eight grader on the All-State team, and several other very talented younger kids who have already won high school tournaments.
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:00 am

Tu-Big wrote:
kitty wrote:
feeshattack wrote:
Tu-Big wrote:

Congratulations to Shultz, he earned that one, the younger Dufault gave him a run for his money. The way i saw it all the pressure was on Shultz to hold off Dufault and he came through in the clutch, the weather was absolutely terrible too. In other news Tu-Big played about as good as kitty did.
Man, am I good at predicting things.  I predicted who would win the Region and who would win state, and that Jacob W would not win on a course that he hasn't played a dozen times.  Congratulations Garrett......
bigpoppakdog

Postby Weezy Baby » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:43 pm

how did new salem do as a team? hahahaha i expected more from the region 5 champs. garret is amazing tho, i must say
Weezy Baby

Postby kitty » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:45 pm

Weezy Baby wrote:how did new salem do as a team? hahahaha i expected more from the region 5 champs. garret is amazing tho, i must say

It doesn't help when two of the four players they have that are capable of shooting 70's have the worst rounds of their year and shoot mid 90s. 

I realize that the New Salem team relies on Garrett heavily, but there's no need to crap on the team because of one person's comments on an internet forum.
kitty

Postby project-pat » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:54 pm

kitty wrote:
Weezy Baby wrote:how did new salem do as a team? hahahaha i expected more from the region 5 champs. garret is amazing tho, i must say

It doesn't help when two of the four players they have that are capable of shooting 70's have the worst rounds of their year and shoot mid 90s. 

I realize that the New Salem team relies on Garrett heavily, but there's no need to crap on the team because of one person's comments on an internet forum.

good teams can shoot well when it really counts...and good teams also do not rely on one player to carry them.
project-pat

Postby Johhnyping » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:45 am

Congrats to Oak Grove----I guess I underestimated them.  I understand this is their 3rd in a row and they have won 4 of the last 5 State Championships.  Very Impressive Indeed!!!!
Johhnyping
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Golf