Class B Golf 2007

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:35 pm

Who are the favorites to win individually?

Who are the favorites as teams?
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:29 am

a. some kid from oak grove

b. oak grove
rep

Postby gmac90 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:37 pm

Oak Grove might win the team title, but they won't have the individual title. The State Tournament is at Red Mike, in the west for a change, so an east kid won't have as good as a chance. Plus there are some talented golfers from the west coming back.
Last edited by gmac90 on Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:45 pm

there's an upcoming freshman from bowman by the name of john lockert. he is going to be tough in the years to come. He golfed every day this summer and he shoots under a 40 every time on a par 35 course. He has a silky smooth swing due to his dedication to the sport. Look out for his name in the state tournament in the upcoming years, if not this year.
project-pat

Postby kvrnm » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:01 pm

there is a goin to be freshmen from williston trininty, the kid is a prodigy, he golfs like every day and is on of the best golfers around here. he should be one of the best in the state. his name is ryan seil
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:36 pm

kvrnm wrote:there is a goin to be freshmen from williston trininty, the kid is a prodigy, he golfs like every day and is on of the best golfers around here. he should be one of the best in the state. his name is ryan seil

sounds alot like lockert.
project-pat

Postby Claz B Fan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:56 am

Does it really matter where the course is because The Best overall golfer will win as it has been proven by Ben Freeman at Minot and Kyle Vandevoort at Bismarck
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:57 am

Did either of those freshman make it to state last year?

Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:00 am

Last edited by Claz B Fan on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gmac90 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:39 pm

I think Oak Grove does lose four seniors. But they'll reload and have a solid team like they do every year.

I agree that the best overall golfer will win, I just think that the west kids that have more opportunities to practice there may possibly have an advantage because of the type of course that it is, not many people are used to playing links golf courses and the ground hugging game that's required.

But it's anyone's game, and we'll see at the end of next spring.
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby iknowthis » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:26 pm

Cletus foote is the 2007 prospect. won region 8 as a freshmen and a junior and many other high school tournaments. This year hes winning state for sure. Red Mikes no problem for cletus he shot a 73 there as a sophmore to win the tournament. Im just sayin take him into consideration.
Last edited by iknowthis on Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iknowthis
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gmac90 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:09 am

Cletus Foote was also supposed to be a threat last year, and he wasn't even at the state tournament. But he is a solid player, so who knows.
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby iknowthis » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:10 pm

Cletus Foote was eligble all year he had no problem with his grades. He got screwed over by the Parshall school. If you ask the parshall coach he should have played at state.  Who is this kid from williston? i never heard of him. I keep hearing about Cletus Foote in our region read the news papers hes known nationally. Nobody can take Cletus Foote on in the state this year. The word is that hes going to school at four winds this year thou but Just like i said before NOBODY can take cletus on in the state this year. Just watch and see!!!!
iknowthis
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:05 am

I highly doubt that Cletus is known nationally
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ice-queen » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:23 pm

yeah, that kid has talent
Last edited by ice-queen on Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ice-queen

Postby gmac90 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:49 pm

Cletus may be a "talented" player, but he can't be considered a favorite. He shot in the mid 80's several times last year, which is inconsistent, has never contended for a State Title, and wasn't even at the State Tournament last year.

Jacob Wheeling of Killdeer (several wins, All-State), Garrett Schultz of New Salem (7 out of 10 wins, 4th in state), and Chad Marshall of Hazen (5th in State as a Freshman, winner of several summer tournaments) should all be legitimate contenders.

Also, does anyone know if Seth Engberg of Ligerwood (3rd in State) is returning this year, or did he graduate?
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby iknowthis » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:02 pm

Cletus Foote was down south most of the summer golfing in tournaments. He won most of the tournaments he was in by my understanding. Took 7th place at nationals in Denver this summer. Im hearing hes shooting in the mid to high 60's to the lower 70's right now on any course. So hes still my favorite to win state this year.
iknowthis
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Claz B Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:44 pm

We shall see come next spring i guess
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Roughrider » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:31 pm

For boys class b golf, it is going to be an interesting year. I think it is going to be pretty wide open especially in the wester half of North Dakota. Most teams didnt lose very many people so any team has a chance to win. Trinity and Hazen will for sure be on the top of the list which is like every year. Berglund is a fantastic coach for Hazen. People should watch some of the talent in some of the other towns though. Bowman has some pretty good people coming up. Matt Bagley and his brother Andrew have been to state and have the experience, and John Lockert is starting to become a very good player also. it should be an interesting year in Class B boys golf!
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby berry186 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:55 pm

gmac90 wrote:Cletus may be a "talented" player, but he can't be considered a favorite. He shot in the mid 80's several times last year, which is inconsistent, has never contended for a State Title, and wasn't even at the State Tournament last year.

Jacob Wheeling of Killdeer (several wins, All-State), Garrett Schultz of New Salem (7 out of 10 wins, 4th in state), and Chad Marshall of Hazen (5th in State as a Freshman, winner of several summer tournaments) should all be legitimate contenders.

Also, does anyone know if Seth Engberg of Ligerwood (3rd in State) is returning this year, or did he graduate?
engberg graduated
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby carolina blue » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:17 am

[font=georgia]john steiner from hillsboro that was recruited from montana should be pretty good this year...he is an incoming freshman...he averages about a 67 about every time he golfs...he is amazing[/font]
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby froggy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:23 am

[font=comic sans ms]i am from beach and i have heard that that kid from hillsboro isnt all that great even tho he was recruited. 67?....that sounds a bit overexatterated cuz i have heard he only shoots around a 78. anyways, high school athletes being recruited is uncalled for. this ruins the class of the game. [/font]
froggy

Postby region1 football » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:24 am

matt cuypers from lamoure along with cory rodin should be some of the top golfers in thier region
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby gmac90 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:35 pm

Marshall is pretty good. He's only a sophomore, and he definitely has a chance to contend for a state championship.  Region 5 should be a good one, there's some talented individuals and quite a few teams that have a chance to make it to state.  Should be interesting to see how it pans out...
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:48 pm

How about Cobretti Parisien...i have golfed with this kid from St. Johni know he's very tough and shoots low 70's consistently on Roll CC.  He placed 8th in state last year. Is he a forced to be reckoned with this year?
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Golf