Class A golf

Class A golf

Postby Gman1 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:38 am

who are going to be the top teams and individuals this upcoming seson
Gman1

Re: Class A golf

Postby Gman1 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:54 am

just so happens that golf is one of the fastest growing sports in the U.S. right now
Gman1

Postby Knight55 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:07 pm

I would have to say the top players will be Schaefer from RR, Thomas from Shanley, Welk from St. Mary's, and Granaas from South.....no particular order
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby phil7416 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:24 am

Knight55 wrote:I would have to say the top players will be Schaefer from RR, Thomas from Shanley, Welk from St. Mary's, and Granaas from South.....no particular order

His name is actually spelled Gronaas. This year i have been seeing him get in the weightroom and getting jacked for this upcoming golf season. I cant wait to see him hit the long ball. But dont count out Mason kennedy, he isnt looking to shabby this season. Also Matt Wrolstadt is looking to be a consistent as he was last year. The upcoming sophmore Lucas Davidson will be a contributing factor as well.
phil7416

Postby baseball18 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:34 pm

Bismarck and St. Mary's should be a top the west again, Tom Welk of SM will be a contender to win state
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby smsaints » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:53 pm

baseball18 wrote:Bismarck and St. Mary's should be a top the west again, Tom Welk of SM will be a contender to win state

Tom Welk should be the best in the state this year if he can heal his back. Even with his hurt back as of know he is going to Wisconsin to play golf next year.
smsaints
NDPreps Reserve

Postby #18 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:28 pm

South is always in it even though they lost hoge freeman and hallquist, some new guys to look out for are davison and ellingson, other than that they have three seniors returning too. They are Gronaas Kennedy and Wrolstad who all finished in the top 25 at state last year

Postby Pdubs » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:00 pm

St. Mary's didn't even win a western tournament last year. I expect Bismarck and Century to dominate again. Century did lose two seniors, one of which(Jordan Bondley), was senior athlete of the west region last year, but I think they have some talent. Kavin Dvorak has a chance to make some noise along with Jack Bietz, Peter Pomonis, and Zack Bondley. BHS is looking strong because they lost no seniors. I have heard some inside information that Casey Gleich is recovering from kidney stone surgery and a broken elbow. I also heard Oliver Boeckel and Ryan Malm are going to miss a couple of tournaments due to a band trip. It should be an interesting year in the west region.
Pdubs

Postby earl » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:55 pm

Pdubs wrote:St. Mary's didn't even win a western tournament last year. I expect Bismarck and Century to dominate again. Century did lose two seniors, one of which(Jordan Bondley), was senior athlete of the west region last year, but I think they have some talent. Kavin Dvorak has a chance to make some noise along with Jack Bietz, Peter Pomonis, and Zack Bondley. BHS is looking strong because they lost no seniors. I have heard some inside information that Casey Gleich is recovering from kidney stone surgery and a broken elbow. I also heard Oliver Boeckel and Ryan Malm are going to miss a couple of tournaments due to a band trip. It should be an interesting year in the west region.
I agree, St. Mary's not cool at golf. The only person they have is Tom Welk. Century is amazing. Kavin Dvorak, Jack Bietz, Peter Pomonis, and Zack Bondley have the talent to win state.
earl

Postby hockey08 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:36 pm

Look for South and Shanley to be the top 2 teams in the east.
hockey08

Postby hbstars7 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:56 pm

Anybody have anything to say about north? I hear nick kost is a pretty good player and could lead his team to the top
hbstars7

Postby billy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:21 am

what do you guys think about dickinson high this year? Baker, Bauer, Pender, and Hanstad are all good golfers, i think that dhs can be in the top 4 this year behind bhs, st marys, and century this year. With regionals and state being at dickinson they should have a chance this year to do good at state and wda. their only problem is that they need to stay consistent, and that they are going to have two young players like abrahamson, and mabey tanner halter who is an 8th grader
billy

Postby billy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:43 am

wow, ya they do have a team and theyre not bad, they are acually pretty good in the west, they took 4th last year at wda behind all the bismarck teams. they should be good this year because they have 5 of their varsity players returning and the are all good, they just need to stay consistent
billy

Postby Carl08 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:43 pm

Shanley has Johnson and Thomas returning. If they get a couple more golfers to step up they could do some damage in the east.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby earl » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:33 pm

Bismarck High is looking strong, but I don't think it will last. Century High is coming along. There number 1 and number 2 golfers are taking a number 2. They are Jack Bietz and Kavin Dvorak. They have struggled, but they were both in the top 10 scoring averages last season with Kavin being number 2. Peter Pomonis has surprised me this year. Two top five finishes in a row for him. Zack Bondley pulled out a nice top ten finish at the Dickinson Invitational. Matt Menge also shot well the second day in the brutal conditions. Rob McLeod shot a terrific 83 at Bully. These scores can only get better.
earl

Postby Olgrz » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:35 pm

billy wrote:8/7/08 what do you guys think about dickinson high this year? Baker, Bauer, Pender, and Hanstad are all good golfers, i think that dhs can be in the top 4 this year behind bhs, st marys, and century this year. With regionals and state being at dickinson they should have a chance this year to do good at state and wda. their only problem is that they need to stay consistent, and that they are going to have two young players like abrahamson, and mabey tanner halter who is an 8th grader

billy wrote:8/9/08 wow, ya they do have a team and theyre not bad, they are acually pretty good in the west, they took 4th last year at wda behind all the bismarck teams. they should be good this year because they have 5 of their varsity players returning and the are all good, they just need to stay consistent

I think you should log off your first name if you going to answer your own post.
Olgrz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roughrider125 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:48 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby hbstars7 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:41 am

What about devils lake?
hbstars7

Postby hockey08 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:40 am

billy wrote:what do you guys think about dickinson high this year? Baker, Bauer, Pender, and Hanstad are all good golfers, i think that dhs can be in the top 4 this year behind bhs, st marys, and century this year. With regionals and state being at dickinson they should have a chance this year to do good at state and wda. their only problem is that they need to stay consistent, and that they are going to have two young players like abrahamson, and mabey tanner halter who is an 8th grader

WHO????
hockey08

Postby hbstars7 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:04 pm

I have never heard of any of those kids...did they make it to state last year?
hbstars7

Postby billy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:22 am

who have you never heard of?? those golfers from dhs? ya they did make it to state last year and they took 4th place behind all the bismarck teams
billy

Postby hbstars7 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:05 pm

They werent even close to 4th place in state more around 9th place
hbstars7

Postby hockey08 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:19 pm

They shot 705 and took 11th place. Thats pretty close to 4th i guess.
hockey08

Postby billy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:25 am

ya my bad, i meant they took 4th at wda and ya they didnt do good at state, so sorry for the misunderstanding
billy

Postby earl » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:43 pm

How about those Century Patriots? They came so close to the state title. They also had the state champion on their team. Little Kavin Dvorak, the sophomore, wins state with a -1 243.
earl

Next

Return to Golf