Region 1- 2011

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby gameplayer » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:Central Cass beat Milnor 2-0 for the championship of Volley in the Valley. The scores were 25-11 and 25-11. Central Cass was not really challenged all day. The biggest challenge came from Hazen, but they still beat them 2-0.

Kindred beat Northern Cass in the NC tourney 2-1 for the championship. NC beat both W-L and Oak Grove. I don't know any of the detailed scores.


Oak Grove also got 3rd @ NC's tourney

I'll have scores later tonight


There was no 3rd/4th place game at NC tourney. Oak Grove lost to Northern Cass in semi's and Langdon lost to Kindred in semi's. Both Langdon and Oak Grove were done after that. Kindred looks like a strong team and possibly the best in the state. Mckenzie Hart of Langdon was nursing bad ankle and played Libero all day, Langdon's starting setter was also out for the day. Oak Grove needed to be a little more consistent but they look like the makings of a decent team. Northern Cass seemed like a scrappy defensive team.
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:05 pm

gameplayer wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:Central Cass beat Milnor 2-0 for the championship of Volley in the Valley. The scores were 25-11 and 25-11. Central Cass was not really challenged all day. The biggest challenge came from Hazen, but they still beat them 2-0.

Kindred beat Northern Cass in the NC tourney 2-1 for the championship. NC beat both W-L and Oak Grove. I don't know any of the detailed scores.


Oak Grove also got 3rd @ NC's tourney

I'll have scores later tonight


There was no 3rd/4th place game at NC tourney. Oak Grove lost to Northern Cass in semi's and Langdon lost to Kindred in semi's. Both Langdon and Oak Grove were done after that. Kindred looks like a strong team and possibly the best in the state. Mckenzie Hart of Langdon was nursing bad ankle and played Libero all day, Langdon's starting setter was also out for the day. Oak Grove needed to be a little more consistent but they look like the makings of a decent team. Northern Cass seemed like a scrappy defensive team.


k well I was informed that Oak Grove was considered the 3rd place team...but that's not all that important. The District 2 games look to be very interesting all year for Central Cass, Kindred, Northern Cass and Oak Grove.

Central Cass travels to Oak Grove on Tuesday for a BIG District 2 matchup
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby gameplayer » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:24 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
gameplayer wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:Central Cass beat Milnor 2-0 for the championship of Volley in the Valley. The scores were 25-11 and 25-11. Central Cass was not really challenged all day. The biggest challenge came from Hazen, but they still beat them 2-0.

Kindred beat Northern Cass in the NC tourney 2-1 for the championship. NC beat both W-L and Oak Grove. I don't know any of the detailed scores.


Oak Grove also got 3rd @ NC's tourney

I'll have scores later tonight


There was no 3rd/4th place game at NC tourney. Oak Grove lost to Northern Cass in semi's and Langdon lost to Kindred in semi's. Both Langdon and Oak Grove were done after that. Kindred looks like a strong team and possibly the best in the state. Mckenzie Hart of Langdon was nursing bad ankle and played Libero all day, Langdon's starting setter was also out for the day. Oak Grove needed to be a little more consistent but they look like the makings of a decent team. Northern Cass seemed like a scrappy defensive team.


k well I was informed that Oak Grove was considered the 3rd place team...but that's not all that important. The District 2 games look to be very interesting all year for Central Cass, Kindred, Northern Cass and Oak Grove.

Central Cass travels to Oak Grove on Tuesday for a BIG District 2 matchup


End of day records for teams that made championship round at Northern Cass

Kindred 6-0
Northern Cass 5-1
Langdon 4-1
Oak Grove 3-2
Central Valley 4-1
Hatton Northwood 3-2
North Border 3-2
Linton-HMB 3-2
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:45 pm

Region 1 Records (as available)

District 1: Dist (Overall)
North Sargent 4-0 (6-3)
Milnor 2-0 (10-1)
Lisbon 1-1 (4-5)
Wynd-Lidg 1-1 (3-5)
C-T-F 1-2 (1-8)
Oakes 0-1 (4-4-1)
Hankinson 0-1 (0-4)
Sargent Central 0-3 (0-3)

District 2: Dist (Overall)
Kindred 1-0 (10-0)
Central Cass 1-0 (9-0)
Northern Cass 1-0 (8-1)
Oak Grove 1-0 (6-2)
Richland 0-1 (4-4)
Enderlin 0-1 (1-5)
Maple Valley 0-1 (1-7)
FSHP 0-1 (1-7)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby ClassBEast » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:58 pm

I know I am biased, but I think a lot of teams are really going to have trouble matching up with Central Cass. We have two 6' girls (Hannah Breske and Anna Morris) and one 6'2" girl (Faith Dooley - who can jump too... placed at state in the high jump last year). It's pretty tough to block a girl who can hit over the top of your block and straight down. We have strong hitters on the outside too (Courtney Dixon and Paige Slemmons). When they are on, they are a very fun team to watch. It appears that their toughest competition might be in their own district though... I think both Kindred and CC are in the Valley City tourney this coming weekend - should be fun to see who comes out on top!
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:17 pm

ClassBEast wrote:I know I am biased, but I think a lot of teams are really going to have trouble matching up with Central Cass. We have two 6' girls (Hannah Breske and Anna Morris) and one 6'2" girl (Faith Dooley - who can jump too... placed at state in the high jump last year). It's pretty tough to block a girl who can hit over the top of your block and straight down. We have strong hitters on the outside too (Courtney Dixon and Paige Slemmons). When they are on, they are a very fun team to watch. It appears that their toughest competition might be in their own district though... I think both Kindred and CC are in the Valley City tourney this coming weekend - should be fun to see who comes out on top!


I know Oak Grove will be there also...
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby nduser1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:03 am

Have watched CCHS only a couple times but to say they are "the bomb" at this point seems early. That 6'2" girl is going to have to be way more aggressive and tougher to make a difference in BIG games. Outside hitting from other players seems hit and miss at times not knowing if hits are going to be 5 into the net in a row or 5 great hits? Lots of hype in this district, should be intense all the way to the end the way it sounds.
nduser1
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby wolves65 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:33 pm

It is early and most teams are untested at this point. Will get a good look this weekend for Region 1 as all of the top teams will be in the same tournament. Should be a good tourney, last year Carrington, Central Valley, and Dickinson trinity were also there. With volleyball it will come down to who is on that night. Last year Kindred beat CCass 3-1 in districts and made the last 3 games look easy and then a week later CCass won 3-0 and made that look easy in the end. Don't count out NCass because they will be in the mix because they play very good defense and make you earn the point. Give it another month then start talking. Teams need time to get settled in. Central Cass is playing 4-5 kids that didn't play varsity last season, Kindred has switched to 2 setters to get bigger along the front. Oak Grove has some young kids that will get better with time.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby senser » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:16 am

Who was Oak Grove's other loss to? Northern Cass and who?
senser
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:31 pm
Location: Grand Forks

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby gameplayer » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:56 am

senser wrote:Who was Oak Grove's other loss to? Northern Cass and who?


Langdon
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:22 am

gameplayer wrote:
senser wrote:Who was Oak Grove's other loss to? Northern Cass and who?


Langdon


both losses were 2-1 losses in the NC tourney
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby bisonfan11 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Interested to see what happens tonight with Oak Grove/Central Cass. After watching on Saturday, I think Oak Grove is light years ahead of where they were a year ago.
In the region to the north, Central Valley and North Border could be the teams to beat.
bisonfan11
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:43 pm

bisonfan11 wrote:Interested to see what happens tonight with Oak Grove/Central Cass. After watching on Saturday, I think Oak Grove is light years ahead of where they were a year ago.
In the region to the north, Central Valley and North Border could be the teams to beat.


That's because Oak Grove isn't dependent on one player this year.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby gameplayer » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:51 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
bisonfan11 wrote:Interested to see what happens tonight with Oak Grove/Central Cass. After watching on Saturday, I think Oak Grove is light years ahead of where they were a year ago.
In the region to the north, Central Valley and North Border could be the teams to beat.


That's because Oak Grove isn't dependent on one player this year.


Oak Grove had a nice mix of hitters. They just have to realize that everything doesnt have to be swung at as hard as they can. Points can be scored at the net with tips and hitting the corners. The roster looked young. I am sure they will figure that out as the season continues. Region 2 is down again this year. I see Central Valley as the team to beat. Thompson will come on strong later in the year. North Border has to many personalities to be considered at this point.
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:37 pm

gameplayer wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
bisonfan11 wrote:Interested to see what happens tonight with Oak Grove/Central Cass. After watching on Saturday, I think Oak Grove is light years ahead of where they were a year ago.
In the region to the north, Central Valley and North Border could be the teams to beat.


That's because Oak Grove isn't dependent on one player this year.


Oak Grove had a nice mix of hitters. They just have to realize that everything doesnt have to be swung at as hard as they can. Points can be scored at the net with tips and hitting the corners. The roster looked young. I am sure they will figure that out as the season continues. Region 2 is down again this year. I see Central Valley as the team to beat. Thompson will come on strong later in the year. North Border has to many personalities to be considered at this point.


Yeah you can never count Thompson out of Region 2...they should have beaten Central Valley 3-0 last week but struggled through game 3 losing (25-27) and then losing game 4 similarly to game 3.

Region 2's teams are (IMO):
1. Central Valley
2. Thompson
3. Cavalier
4. North Border
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Central Cass def. Oak Grove 3-0 (25-13, 27-25, 25-19)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:58 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Central Cass def. Oak Grove 3-0 (25-13, 27-25, 25-19)


Thoughts on this game, Run?
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:00 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Central Cass def. Oak Grove 3-0 (25-13, 27-25, 25-19)


Thoughts on this game, Run?


TOO MANY ERRORS...got to get the serves over the net. I was pleased with set #2 of the match (with the exception of the two misplays down the stretch that gave the set to CC. Take away set #1 and it was a close match.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Central Cass def. Oak Grove 3-0 (25-13, 27-25, 25-19)


Thoughts on this game, Run?


TOO MANY ERRORS...got to get the serves over the net. I was pleased with set #2 of the match (with the exception of the two misplays down the stretch that gave the set to CC. Take away set #1 and it was a close match.


I thought it was a fun match... the best competition CC has faced so far. It's good for the girls to play close games and still come out on top. And I was thinking that OG might be practicing their serves A LOT tomorrow in practice. ;)

Central Cass remains undefeated and faces another district team on Thursday - Enderlin. I don't think that match will be as competitive.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:15 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Central Cass def. Oak Grove 3-0 (25-13, 27-25, 25-19)


Thoughts on this game, Run?


TOO MANY ERRORS...got to get the serves over the net. I was pleased with set #2 of the match (with the exception of the two misplays down the stretch that gave the set to CC. Take away set #1 and it was a close match.


I thought it was a fun match... the best competition CC has faced so far. It's good for the girls to play close games and still come out on top. And I was thinking that OG might be practicing their serves A LOT tomorrow in practice. ;)

Central Cass remains undefeated and faces another district team on Thursday - Enderlin. I don't think that match will be as competitive.


nah doubt that will be close...Enderlin got swept by W-L tonight
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby soohoki » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:59 am

I saw the OG CC game last night and agree with run.......WAY TOO MANY ERRORS!! Also seems that OG is pushing and tipping way too often instead of hitting. Gave away way too many points to a good solid team
soohoki
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:39 am

soohoki wrote:I saw the OG CC game last night and agree with run.......WAY TOO MANY ERRORS!! Also seems that OG is pushing and tipping way too often instead of hitting. Gave away way too many points to a good solid team


I think OG might have been a little intimidated by CC in that first game and it showed both on the court and with the student section.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:54 am

Region 1 Records (as available)
Wednesday, September 14th

District 1: Dist (Overall)
Milnor 3-0 (11-1)
North Sargent 4-1 (6-4)
Lisbon 1-1 (4-6)
Wynd-Lidg 1-1 (4-5)
C-T-F 1-2 (1-9)
Oakes 0-1 (5-4-1)
Hankinson 0-1 (0-4)
Sargent Central 0-3 (0-4)

District 2: Dist (Overall)
Central Cass 2-0 (9-0)
Kindred 1-0 (10-0)
Northern Cass 1-0 (8-1)
Oak Grove 1-1 (6-3)
Richland 0-1 (5-4)
Enderlin 0-1 (1-6)
Maple Valley 0-1 (2-7)
FSHP 0-1 (2-7)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Upcoming matches:
Thursday, September 15th

Milnor @ Wynd-Lidg.
Lisbon @ North Sargent
Sargent Central @ Hankinson
F-C-T @ Oakes

Richland @ Oak Grove
Enderlin @ Central Cass
FSHP @ Kindred
Northern Cass @ Maple Valley
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region 1- 2011

Postby tenacity18 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Upcoming matches:
Thursday, September 14th

Wynd-Lidg @ Milnor
Lisbon @ North Sargent
Sargent Central @ Hankinson
F-C-T @ Oakes

Richland @ Oak Grove
Enderlin @ Central Cass
FSHP @ Kindred
Northern Cass @ Maple Valley


Dont mean to correct you Run but its the 15th this Thursday and Milnor is @ WL.
Life's a game of inches. And the only one who is going to win in life, or any game, is the one who is willing to fight and die for that inch.
tenacity18
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:15 am

PreviousNext

Return to Volleyball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest