Region 3 Championship??

Region 3 Championship??

Postby gfiresports » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:07 am

Who do you think will be the top two teams in Region 3?
gfiresports
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Region 3 Championship??

Postby number1fan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:56 am

Linton and South Border
number1fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby benchwarmer2011 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:27 pm

idk, you got lmm, ellendale, kidder county, napolean, south border, and linton who all could get there, i think it will depend who gets what seeds
benchwarmer2011
NDPreps Starter

Postby jacko » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:56 am

Who are the teams from each district and what are their seedings that are going to the regional dance?
jacko
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:14 pm

District 5 isn't even done yet!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:46 pm

Linton won the District 6 Championship over Kidder County (3-2) and I think those two will meet again for the Region 3 Championship with Linton winning it and moving on to State. KC struggles to score against Linton when Benz is in the back row. I am also picking Benz as the Region Player of the Year for Region 3.
She is a very talented young lady and I am looking forward to watching her play BB this winter.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:07 pm

With Kidder County's coach resigning effective immediately, I am no longer sure about KC reaching the Region finals. Its hard to predict how this will affect the team as the prepare for Regionals.
I am now picking Linton as the favorite to win the Region. (Though I will admit that I do not know a whole lot about District 5)
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller11 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:08 pm

i think ellendale will be a toss up for the championship
baller11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfiresports » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:45 am

I think Linton will be the region champs defeating South Boarder in the championship. District 5 is a weak, weak district this year..the whole tournament was up for grabs. District 6 has a little more competion between Linton, SB, and KC. Linton is definetly the strong suit in this region. No doubt about it.
gfiresports
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flip » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:16 am

gfiresports wrote:I think Linton will be the region champs defeating South Border in the championship.

They're in the same bracket.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby benchwarmer2011 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:21 pm

district 5 isnt that much weaker then 6, linton is the obvious favorite but its still a toss up between everyone else. PBK beat kidder earlier this year, LMM was close with kidder and napolean, ellendale beat south border and lost to napolean 2-3
benchwarmer2011
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfiresports » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:17 pm

benchwarmer2011 wrote:district 5 isnt that much weaker then 6, linton is the obvious favorite but its still a toss up between everyone else. PBK beat kidder earlier this year, LMM was close with kidder and napolean, ellendale beat south border and lost to napolean 2-3

District 5 is WAY weaker than District 6. The sure Champion will be from District 6 and both teams in the championship WILL be district 6 teams.
gfiresports
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:36 pm

gfiresports wrote:
benchwarmer2011 wrote:district 5 isnt that much weaker then 6, linton is the obvious favorite but its still a toss up between everyone else. PBK beat kidder earlier this year, LMM was close with kidder and napolean, ellendale beat south border and lost to napolean 2-3

District 5 is WAY weaker than District 6. The sure Champion will be from District 6 and both teams in the championship WILL be district 6 teams.

District 5 is WAY weaker than you are saying that all the District 6 teams will win?? jw...

but in my opinion you need to watch out for L-M-M...don't count them out!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gfiresports » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:29 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
gfiresports wrote:

District 5 is WAY weaker than you are saying that all the District 6 teams will win?? jw...

but in my opinion you need to watch out for L-M-M...don't count them out!!

Hmm, what did I say?
gfiresports
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:31 pm

Napoleon played a GREAT game and pulled the upset...L-M-M didn't come ready to play, a little TOO overconfident!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gfiresports » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:36 pm

Looks like this tournament is going to be all district 6!
gfiresports
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rkmt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:06 pm

gfiresports wrote:Looks like this tournament is going to be all district 6!

Well ellendale is still in it for D-5, but I don't see them beating Linton tonight. I could only listen yesterday, and it sure didn't sound like the LMM I saw at the end of the Dist 5 tourney. I thought they looked enough like last year's LMM that I picked them as the upset to go to state. I put them in on the KMAV u-pick-em contest so now I''m toast in that bracket for two more rounds. :evil: What happened? sounded like they missed just a ton of serves which should not be happening in a varsity regional tournament.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfiresports » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:14 pm

rkmt wrote:

Well ellendale is still in it for D-5, but I don't see them beating Linton tonight. I could only listen yesterday, and it sure didn't sound like the LMM I saw at the end of the Dist 5 tourney. I thought they looked enough like last year's LMM that I picked them as the upset to go to state. I put them in on the KMAV u-pick-em contest so now I''m toast in that bracket for two more rounds. :evil: What happened? sounded like they missed just a ton of serves which should not be happening in a varsity regional tournament.

You're right. Ellendale probably won't beat Linton tonight. Linton was the sure power house from the beginning. However, in regards to your comment about LMM being the same as last year's LMM-are you serious? Last year's LMM had everything together, and this years was so up and down. Not to mention the loss of five seniors, within that five contained one of the best outsides, libero, and middle blocker this region has ever seen. LMM was too young of a team this year to be in comparison. However, I was very impressed with Valenta stepping up to be such a great middle hitter this year, and of course Van Bruggen has always been one to watch. I think this team has a lot of potential next year too, whereas Linton will be losing a great number of stars.

Anyway, I pick Linton to be at the top this year, but next year I really think LMM could pull it off again. Napoleon will be pretty swell also.
gfiresports
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:44 pm

bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby rkmt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:08 pm

gfiresports wrote:
rkmt wrote:

You're right. Ellendale probably won't beat Linton tonight. Linton was the sure power house from the beginning. However, in regards to your comment about LMM being the same as last year's LMM-are you serious? Last year's LMM had everything together, and this years was so up and down. Not to mention the loss of five seniors, within that five contained one of the best outsides, libero, and middle blocker this region has ever seen. LMM was too young of a team this year to be in comparison. However, I was very impressed with Valenta stepping up to be such a great middle hitter this year, and of course Van Bruggen has always been one to watch. I think this team has a lot of potential next year too, whereas Linton will be losing a great number of stars.

Anyway, I pick Linton to be at the top this year, but next year I really think LMM could pull it off again. Napoleon will be pretty swell also.

I didn't say they were as good as last year and I'm well aware of what they lost. But I'm also aware of the fact Region 3 isn't a great volleyball region, and I thought if there was a team in it that could play well defensively and had a good middle in both lines, they would have a shot. Miller and Valenta were hitting very well when I saw them and the team was covering well, and Van Bruggen is always tough. So I was just hoping a team from district 5 would at least do something and they were the only ones that could have, but then they didn't even show up. But I love this whole board. There's never just a "oh I have a different opinion" or anything. It's always the incredulous "are you serious?" type comment that basically says "you're an idiot."
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby imperials » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:32 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Napoleon played a GREAT game and pulled the upset...L-M-M didn't come ready to play, a little TOO overconfident!!

that was not a upset, napoleon beat lmm on there home court there 2nd to last game of the year
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GirlsClassBfan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Congrats to the Linton/HMB Lady Lions and their coach! They are a great team and will represent District 6 and Region 3 very well. I wish them the very best at the State volleyball tourney. :)
GirlsClassBfan
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Volleyball