Best JV Teams around???

Re: Best JV Teams around???

Postby sportsnut24 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:01 pm

jimmie44 wrote:Being prepared for varsity doesn't mean actually playing varsity right now.....it means making sure they learn the skills to be a varsity player next season, or even later in the season if they are making strides to be a better player, a player the varsity could use! Making sure they know defensive positions, different sets and plays, can read hitters, etc., are things to work on at the JV level so that when players GET to varsity, they are already comfortable with them and can work on "higher level" skills. If a player is good enough to play on the varsity team but are still playing JV, I think they are taking playing time away from the girls who need that JV time to work on the skills needed to be a varsity player in the future.

nicely put. i agree with you. Its not fair to take away JV players time by filling there spot with someone who could be playing varsity...just sometime the need to play both, just how it works
sportsnut24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 3Putt » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:15 am

Back to the topic: Fargo South finished the JV season undefeated. We need a Bismarck vs. South state JV championship match :)
3Putt
NDPreps Starter

Postby jimmie44 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Congrats to Fargo South. If memory serves correctly, I thought they lost during the JV tournament in West Fargo this year...? They were not the #1 seed out of their pool from what I can remember, Moorhead was.........but I could be wrong.
jimmie44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 3Putt » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:04 pm

jimmie44 wrote:Congrats to Fargo South. If memory serves correctly, I thought they lost during the JV tournament in West Fargo this year...? They were not the #1 seed out of their pool from what I can remember, Moorhead was.........but I could be wrong.

South and Moorhead split in pool play, with Moorhead getting the number one seed based on a tiebreaker. South beat Moorhead 2-1 in the championship.
3Putt
NDPreps Starter

Postby volleyball*6 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Hatton-Northwood had a good jv team, but next year they will have to step up and play some V due to the 7 seniors... Hillsboro had a good team also, they need to improve with a couple areas but are good at the net....FSHP had a fairly good team also, stronger at the net than in the back.....
Most people look at who is the tallest and who can hit the ball the hardest but you can't get a hit without the pass from back row. There are some good lebros coming up from some JV teams...hopefully they will get more credit in the future!!
volleyball*6
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Volleyball