State Rank Em'

Re: State Rank Em'

Postby Baller » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:12 am

no volleyball gets coverage in fargo...class A or class B. There has not been a forum staff member at ANY volleyball game this year.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gobison#6 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:58 am

ClassBEast wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:Just a guess here, but when is the last time you saw a reporter from a major (daily) state newspaper at a regular season VB match? It's hard to have a poll when the media basically ignores the sport as compared to other sports. Too bad for VB, its a great game and fun to watch but most people don't get the "little" things that go on in a match. Maybe when we get more 2nd/3rd generation players things will change and VB will get the recognition it deserves.

well Class A games tend to get recognized...Class B teams don't (unless they are within the larger cities).

or if its a rivalry game like earlier this year when Central Cass went to Oak Grove.

If that game got coverage it's because Oak Grove always gets coverage... it's in Fargo. :)

True
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Baller wrote:no volleyball gets coverage in fargo...class A or class B. There has not been a forum staff member at ANY volleyball game this year.

Then why has there been games shown on the front page of the sports page. its not every day...but it does occasionally hapen
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Baller » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:14 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Baller wrote:no volleyball gets coverage in fargo...class A or class B. There has not been a forum staff member at ANY volleyball game this year.

Then why has there been games shown on the front page of the sports page. its not every day...but it does occasionally hapen

I am yet to see an actually story on the front page. There was a picture once but no story. The only stories there have been are the one paragraph summary of what the coaches called in. They have not even covered the north/south game or any other game for that matter.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsnut24 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:18 pm

Baller wrote:
sportsnut24 wrote:i think BHS should be reconsidered in these top fives.
they beat North in the fargo invite for first place in two games.
they also beat RR in that tournament AND the beat west. all those teams have been placed in the top five but bismarck is just getting an honorable mention???
the also have defeated century twice this year. once in a tournament and once is 4 games in the WDA regular season.
they are first in the WDA and really coming along nicely.

Where do you see that BHS is only getting an honorable mention? no one has even talked about class A in weeks....

some of the first posts. :)
sportsnut24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby senser » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:30 pm

The forum is absolutely terrible at covering area high school volleyball. Absolutely terrible.

TV coverage is abolsutely terrible as well. As the season winds down you see more coverage of the smaller minnesota schools than you do for EDC as well as state.

Absolutely terrible.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby chuckie cheese » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:13 am

I'd have to agree with sportsnut.
I've been to a few BHS games this year and was quite impressed--especially by the way they finished against Century.
I also heard they are now ranked #1?
chuckie cheese
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsnut24 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:27 pm

chuckie cheese wrote:I'd have to agree with sportsnut.
I've been to a few BHS games this year and was quite impressed--especially by the way they finished against Century.
I also heard they are now ranked #1?

you seem to know a lot about volleyball, i like that.
they did finish hard that game, stayed very consistent all the way through. i happened to see them play that night. very impressive.
sportsnut24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfiresports » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:08 am

a-simple-fan wrote:My uneducated Class B poll:

1. Hazen
2. Kenmare
3. Langdon
4. FSHP
5. Thompson
6. Linton
7. Stanley
8. Lisbon
9. Hatton-Northwood
10. Underwood

Honorable Mention: Harvey, Northern Cass

No way will Linton be the number 6. Lisbon has more talent and edge.
gfiresports
NDPreps Rookie

Postby T reporter » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:37 pm

Hey you may have missed Flasher. New Salem, Center/Stanton, Turtle Lake-Mercer, Wells County.
T reporter
NDPreps Starter

Postby espnjunkie » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:00 pm

New Salem, Flasher, Center-Stanton, TLM and Underwood for that matter...it's a draw between these teams to go to state. I think TLM has beaten all of these teams but the games were farily close. My prediction is TLM and Center in the Region final but on any given day it could be any of these teams. TLM arguably has the most talent offensively but no defense to speak of. Center is extremely well coached and has proven that with state berths year after year. New Salem is pretty balanced all the way around. Also have heard Sheridan County could be a dark horse but have not seen them play. As far as state ranking I don't think any of them would rank in the top 10. This is a weak region and competion is not what they would see in other regions. Whoever ends up in Minot will be a little out of their league IMO.
espnjunkie
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Volleyball