2009-2010

Re: 2009-2010

Postby senser » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:51 pm

Flip wrote:
senser wrote:I don't think that matters. The club scene is a joke around ND and most of the top atheltes don't even play. I don't even think they really play USVBA.

I know in MN almost every HS team has a JO team and most athletes play in the spring and you can usually tell who is going to be good during the fall. VB pretty much has two seasons in MN.

Yea that's not really the case at all in ND. At least in MN when you get closer to the cities area they are playing usvba and not aau.

The clubs around the fargo area are high school exclusive, and Fargo south is really the only one that has numbers on a yearly basis, but that will change next year with Davies opening up. The North club patchworks their 18s team because they don't have numbers at all, and the case is almost the same every year with the WF club. It's virtually impossible to gauge who will be good in the fall by basing it on the "club" season.

They would be better off establishing a traveling club with tiers and then traveling to the cities for tournaments, the competition would be better. Moving up 16's to play in 18s because they can't field enough teams is absurd. It does nothing for the kids that can't play at that level, and it does nothing for the teams that want competition and are forced to play down. They don't even play club in the western part of the state, at least I know Dickinson doesn't.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby 3Putt » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:53 pm

It looks like I dragged this pretty far off topic with the club question. I'll just clear up a couple of things I found out.

senser is correct about the small number of clubs in the western part of the state. The NCR website lists two clubs in Bismarck and one in Mandan but that is all that is west of Jamestown. The ND AAU web site doesn't have anything about volleyball, but the JO clubs discussed in this thread are affiliated with the USVBA through the north central region. The South Fargo club started to split teams based on the South/Davies boundaries last year. The 18s team was essentially this years South varisity team, but the 16s and 14s had two south teams and two Davies teams each.
3Putt
NDPreps Starter

Postby East-side » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:56 pm

3Putt wrote:It looks like I dragged this pretty far off topic with the club question. I'll just clear up a couple of things I found out.

senser is correct about the small number of clubs in the western part of the state. The NCR website lists two clubs in Bismarck and one in Mandan but that is all that is west of Jamestown. The ND AAU web site doesn't have anything about volleyball, but the JO clubs discussed in this thread are affiliated with the USVBA through the north central region. The South Fargo club started to split teams based on the South/Davies boundaries last year. The 18s team was essentially this years South varisity team, but the 16s and 14s had two south teams and two Davies teams each.

Hatton-Northwood had an 18's & 16's team this year that was involved in USVBA. The 18's team did pretty well. Other local schools have JO teams, but they're not associated with USVBA, they just go to area schools and have a tournament.
East-side
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cometdad » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:19 pm

vballfan06 wrote:Here would be my predictions:

Region 1: Wyndmere-Lidgerwood--both schools have some talent coming back, and with a new co-op they should be tough (Lisbon--curious how they'll be without munkeby's leadership, FSHP, C. Cass, Kindred---could all make some noise)
Region 2: Hatton-Northwood (Thompson could knock teams off like always)
Region 3: Linton-HMB
Region 4: Langdon
Region 5: Center-Stanton (even though they lose kids to graduation, I don't think this region is tough enough to knock them off)
Region 6: Kenmare (maybe Our Redeemers)
Region 7: Hazen
Region 8: Stanley

Underwood played a great team game and knocked off Center in 5 last night - congrats to coach Hefta and the girls.
cometdad
NDPreps Starter

Postby old lineman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:10 pm

Underwood beat Center last night! That may change up the predictions for this year. Underwood's new coach may have made a big difference this year.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:30 pm

vballfan06 wrote:Here would be my predictions:

Region 1: Wyndmere-Lidgerwood--both schools have some talent coming back, and with a new co-op they should be tough (Lisbon--curious how they'll be without munkeby's leadership, FSHP, C. Cass, Kindred---could all make some noise)
Region 2: Hatton-Northwood (Thompson could knock teams off like always)
Region 3: Linton-HMB
Region 4: Langdon
Region 5: Center-Stanton (even though they lose kids to graduation, I don't think this region is tough enough to knock them off)
Region 6: Kenmare (maybe Our Redeemers)
Region 7: Hazen
Region 8: Stanley

Fargo Oak Grove beat Wyndmere-Lidgerwood pretty handedly tonight in 3 games!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:31 pm

Underwood beat Center....not that major of a surprise...what do they have like 8 girls in the high school now? Maybe that's just basketball where they only could field one team last year.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Flip » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:38 pm

I don't follow a lot of ND VB, but I did notice Hatton-Northwood lost 3-2 to FSHP.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:26 am

Flip wrote:I don't follow a lot of ND VB, but I did notice Hatton-Northwood lost 3-2 to FSHP.

must have been the Shelby Krueger show for FSHP!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby cometdad » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:46 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:Underwood beat Center....not that major of a surprise...what do they have like 8 girls in the high school now? Maybe that's just basketball where they only could field one team last year.

Center actually has quite a few girls out for volleyball - don't know why so few go out for basketball. Underwood was amped over the win because Center has been the region powerhouse for a long time and still has a good team. Coach Erhardt has done some great things with their program and it's exciting that we can finally compete.
cometdad
NDPreps Starter

Postby sport » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:53 am

Flip wrote:I don't follow a lot of ND VB, but I did notice Hatton-Northwood lost 3-2 to FSHP.

I would love to hear from anyone that was at the game. I am guessing just one of those nights for H-N. I will still pick them for the district and the region.
Last edited by sport on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby East-side » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:44 pm

sport wrote:

I would love to hear from anyone that was at the game. I am guessing just on of those nights for H-N. I will still pick them for the district and the region.

Yeah, they had an off night. They have 3 starters with little or no varsity experience that had to get adjusted. They had some pretty nice kills from some of the hitters.
East-side
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Volleyball