2013 STATE TOURNEY

Re: 2013 STATE TOURNEY

Postby avidsportster » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:15 pm

vb4life wrote:I believe it is hard to seed any tournament as not everyone sees everyone and you go by stats, records, schedule etc. Coaches are making their decision on seeding based on this information. I like the idea of using Run's QVF rating instead of the seeding. But like he said, the way the QVF rating went this year it was seeded right. Volleyball is up and down. Teams can play great one day and have a down day the next day. Many what ifs. I know looking at the Lamoure/Stanley game if Stanley wouldn't have missed 15 serves and some of them late in games they probably would have won that match. I guess that's what makes volleyball exciting and frustrating as a coaches and fans point of view.

I like the way the seeding worked, the coaches actually had the say in it, instead of bystanders. Coaches tend to keep up with all the top teams in the state, or do their homework to find out about them. As far as, Stanley could have won if their serving was better. That is a factor, but who is to say that if they would have gotten the serves in that Lamoure wouldn't have scored from it. They did so often. Service errors occur when you try to serve more aggressively than you can handle. After the lopsided first set where Lamoure team seemed to be mentally on top of the game, the sets were evenly fought, with the last battle not having missed serves in the final three points. Lamoure showed their determination and didn't back down with their comeback. I don't specifically recall all the events of the last set, but the paper clarified that Carlson got the last three points for Lamoure with a block and 2 kills. So, hardly thinking that somehow one could say that Stanley likely would have won the match if only they could have served better. You are not a championship quality team if you continue to serve poorly. Unforced errors make the difference from great teams to teams that could have been, only if...
avidsportster
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Volleyball