2012 Class B Predictions

2012 Class B Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Any predictions for this season??
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2012 Class B Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:41 pm

If anyone has any schedules could you send them to me via a private message (except Region 1 teams)

* I have a bunch of them...but am missing a bunch also

Thanks
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bisonfan11 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:02 am

Region 1: 3-way race: Central Cass, Kindred, Oak Grove (if Whitney Ward makes a full recovery then you can add Northern Cass)
Region 2: Hillsboro/CV or Hatton/Northwood
Region 3: Linton
Region 4: Midkota
Region 5: Grant Co
Region 6: Kenmare
Region 7: Beulah
Region 8: Stanley or Ray

Expect to see Region 1 teams and Midkota to be the teams to beat.
bisonfan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:40 am

Oak Grove must have had a great building year if they are considered one of the top programs contenting this year. I really think Northern Cass is way better than people think. Both Central Cass and Kindred lost serious talent last year but both programs just keep rebuilding because of the programs they run.
Let the games begin.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:58 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Oak Grove must have had a great building year if they are considered one of the top programs contenting this year. I really think Northern Cass is way better than people think. Both Central Cass and Kindred lost serious talent last year but both programs just keep rebuilding because of the programs they run.
Let the games begin.

Central Cass has a great program...Dooley (6' 2" hitter) is a nice piece to the team
Kindred returns quite a bit of talent...Kellie Schmit (UND recruit) is quite the hitter
Northern Cass is dependant on how well Ward has recovered from her injury; if she's 100%, NC will be TOUGH
Oak Grove returns nearly their whole team...key position to fill is setter but it sounds like it has been "set".
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:51 am

bisonfan11 wrote:Region 1: 3-way race: Central Cass, Kindred, Oak Grove (if Whitney Ward makes a full recovery then you can add Northern Cass)
Region 2: Hillsboro/CV or Hatton/Northwood
Region 3: Linton
Region 4: Midkota
Region 5: Grant Co
Region 6: Kenmare
Region 7: Beulah
Region 8: Stanley or Ray

Expect to see Region 1 teams and Midkota to be the teams to beat.

Region 1: Kindred, Central Cass; Other possibilities: Oak Grove
Region 2: Hillsboro-Central Valley; Other possibilities: Thompson
Region 3: Linton-HMB; Other possibilities: Napoleon, South Border
Region 4: Midkota, Carrington; Other possibilities: Benson County, North Star, Langdon
Region 5: Grant County; Other possibilities: Flasher
Region 6: Kenmare; Other possibilities: Bishop Ryan, Our Redeemer's
Region 7: Beulah; Other possibilities: Hazen, Beach
Region 8: Ray; Other possibilities: Stanley, Divide County
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Region 1 will be Kindred and Central Cass again. Both teams are deep and had great JVs last year.

I heard Whitney Ward (NC) won't be back until October so don't think they are much to worry about. I can't see Oak Grove competing at this level yet.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:13 am

First I believe Central Cass and Kindred have many really good players coming back for this year. Their top players are Dooley for CC and Schmitt for Kindred but both those kids are D1 talent. I think they have at least a few more players on each side that will compete at the next level.
I really am interested in what Northern Cass will Do. I really think they will be there in the end competing to go to state.
The other schools are good but I really don't see where OG or any other school will compete.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby senser » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:16 pm

Saw the scrimmages yesterday. Don't know if any of the teams had their entire team there or not, or if they were missing people, and I know teams aren't even in system yet.

Kindred looked good. Real good. They were one of the better teams in the scrimmage yesterday. Real good looking players. Northern Cass did not look good at all. They probably looked the rawest of all the teams there while Kindred looked like one of the better ones, including the class A teams. Kindred looks like they have loads of potential. Northern Cass didn't look to even have any solid players although they could have been missing people.

From a player skill standpoint I can't think of any teams that will be close to Kindred in that region, but I haven't seen Central Cass. If Northern Cass is in the top 3-4 Kindred is just on another level and might be one of the better teams in the state.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby wolves65 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:45 pm

IMO whomever wins Region 1 will be the favorite to win it all. MidKota will be good but they will need to play better defense to beat a Kindred or Casselton. You can not single block those two teams and win just to much offense. It may take C Cass some time to get things lined out with all the new players but they have size like no other team in the state, they will run 4 girls out every night 5-11 to 6-2 and they are athletic. Not real sure who has what coming from out west. Stanley still has young Pappa but not sure after that. Not sure it really matters in the end but volleyball is a funny game when teams get on a roll.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Johhnyping » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:26 pm

maddog1971 wrote:First I believe Central Cass and Kindred have many really good players coming back for this year. Their top players are Dooley for CC and Schmitt for Kindred but both those kids are D1 talent. I think they have at least a few more players on each side that will compete at the next level.
I really am interested in what Northern Cass will Do. I really think they will be there in the end competing to go to state.
The other schools are good but I really don't see where OG or any other school will compete.

Schmitt and Dooley are "raw" lower level D1 kids at this point. I dont know who you are talking about but I dont see any of their teammates playing college volleyball
Johhnyping
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Johhnyping wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:First I believe Central Cass and Kindred have many really good players coming back for this year. Their top players are Dooley for CC and Schmitt for Kindred but both those kids are D1 talent. I think they have at least a few more players on each side that will compete at the next level.

Schmitt and Dooley are "raw" lower level D1 kids at this point. I dont know who you are talking about but I dont see any of their teammates playing college volleyball

you never know who could play DIII VB (or NAIA for that matter)...depends on where they go to school.

Sounds like Schmit has signed on at UND for VB
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:10 pm

Linton-HMB travels to Ashley to play South Border tonight - this should give a good indication of who is the top team in the District if not the Region. I am predicting Linton-HMB 3-1.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Well Maybe Johnyping is an expert on V V talent. I am not in anyway shape or form. I just know who has been at match-ups recruiting them and if the big ten is lower D1 level volleyball well then they are lower level.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Linton-HMB over South Border 3 - 2. Two pretty evenly matched teams, but neither one is a powerhouse. Linton is very balanced and play smart VB, they pick their spots well with their serves and really play together as a team. South Border has 2 players - Madison Schnabel and Kali Scherbenske - both are Jr's and hit from the outside. Schnabel is a real weapon if the South Border setters can get her the ball on a consistent basis. Overall it was a fun match to watch, but neither one of these teams is a threat to win state at this point.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bisonfan11 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:56 am

Heard the same thing...that Schmit is headed to UND. Been told they want Dooley as well.
Last year UND's RPI was #52 out of 327 D1 schools. I didn't realize that was considered low level D1.

Either way, volleyball is a "head count" sport at the D1 level....meaning if a scholarship is offered...it is a full scholarship. Even if either one of them are just role players--that's like 80k in college expenses paid for. Makes sense that we should be excited and happy for kids that get opportunities like this...

Another note: Ronni Munkeby of Lisbon is a co-captain and starting middle for UND.
bisonfan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:34 pm

bisonfan11 wrote:Last year UND's RPI was #52 out of 327 D1 schools. I didn't realize that was considered low level D1.

and they were 89 and 139 in '10 and '09 respectively. I have no doubt if UND wants these kids they are some of the best in Class B, but UND will for the foreseeable future be a low level D1 school.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:28 am

Well even if UND is lower D1, well I think it is great that some of the ND talent is going to stay in state instead of taking it else where for a big ten school. IMO
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDclassBdad » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:00 pm

We were at the Northern Cass tournament and watched most of the teams at one point throughout the day and Kindred and Oak Grove were the class of the tournament by far. I know tournaments can be a different animal than regular season play but from what I saw of Northern Cass, they have a long way to go to be anywhere near competing at the level I saw from Kindred and Oak Grove. I haven't seen Central Cass play but if they are as competitive as it sounds like that district region is going to see some incredible volleyball this fall.
NDclassBdad
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Volleyball