4. Carrington 64
5. Kenmare 54
6. Langdon 41
7. Northern Cass 31
8. Our Redeemer's 28
9. Stanley 12
10. Ray 9
10. Central Valley 9

Others who received votes: Oak Grove 3, Milnor 2, North Border 2, North Star 1, New Salem-Almont 1, Heart River 1.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Fan Poll #1

Postby gameplayer » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:38 am

Looks like Region 4 is going to be a dogfight!
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:03 am

gameplayer wrote:Looks like Region 4 is going to be a dogfight!

Region 1 will also be a dogfight! The fans voted for 5 Region 1 teams (all of which have a good record at this point in the season...and have faced one another at some time; Central Cass, Kindred, Northern Cass, Oak Grove, and Milnor)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gameplayer » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:13 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Region 1 will also be a dogfight! The fans voted for 5 Region 1 teams (all of which have a good record at this point in the season...and have faced one another at some time; Central Cass, Kindred, Northern Cass, Oak Grove, and Milnor)

I thought the same thing after I posted. What would you consider the weakest regions. I would put region 2, 3 and 5 on the list. Not alot of quality teams in those regions.
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:16 am

gameplayer wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

I thought the same thing after I posted. What would you consider the weakest regions. I would put region 2, 3 and 5 on the list. Not alot of quality teams in those regions.

Region 3 seems to be pretty weak. Region 5 is decent.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby wolves65 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:14 am

Langdon is a bit low, Hart was hurt in the NCass tournament and only played back row? They will be there in the end. Kindred and Central Cass need to pay attention to NCass or they will sneak up on one of them. Stanley should be better and my guess they will improve as the season goes on. They returned everyone from last year so the talent is on the roster. Run? Why isn't there a poll for volleyball from the writers. We have a cross country poll?
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:17 am

wolves65 wrote:Langdon is a bit low, Hart was hurt in the NCass tournament and only played back row? They will be there in the end. Kindred and Central Cass need to pay attention to NCass or they will sneak up on one of them. Stanley should be better and my guess they will improve as the season goes on. They returned everyone from last year so the talent is on the roster.
Run? Why isn't there a poll for volleyball from the writers. We have a cross country poll?

Cross Country is done by the coaches..its not a Sportscasters/Sportswriters Poll.

I wish there was a volleyball poll by the coaches also...I'd even consider administering it.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gameplayer » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:33 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
wolves65 wrote:Langdon is a bit low, Hart was hurt in the NCass tournament and only played back row? They will be there in the end. Kindred and Central Cass need to pay attention to NCass or they will sneak up on one of them. Stanley should be better and my guess they will improve as the season goes on. They returned everyone from last year so the talent is on the roster.
Run? Why isn't there a poll for volleyball from the writers. We have a cross country poll?

Cross Country is done by the coaches..its not a Sportscasters/Sportswriters Poll.

I wish there was a volleyball poll by the coaches also...I'd even consider administering it.

Volleyball seems to be the stepchild of high school sports in North Dakota. You will find media polls in surrounding states.

Hart has only played front row against Thompson and for two sets of the Carrington match this year. I have not heard her status going forward. Langdon does have two other strong hitters that have kept them very competitive. I watched Stanley on BEK sports against Kenmare and they looked rough but when I walked away from state tournament last year I thought they would be team to beat this year. I am sure they will get it going soon.
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby baberuthguy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Midkota will win state by a favorable amount. Way too many weapons for any other team to stop them or even compare.
baberuthguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wolves65 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Who is Midkota's comp. in their region. Bit of a bold statement to say they will win it all based on one tournament. Didn't they get beat by Carrington. From what I heard Central Cass looked flat after their match against Kindred.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baberuthguy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:09 pm

Carrington, Midkota, Langdon, North Star. all good teams especially the first 3. yes Carrington did beat Midkota in a preseason tournament but Midkota was without arguably their best player Emily Berge, she had her Apendix taken out. Midkota just beat Carrington 2-0 Saturday in a Valley City tournament with 24 teams and they also went on to win the Championship team. the tournament included Kindred, Central Cass, Central Valley, Oak Grove, Hatton Northwood, Lamoure, Richland. All very good teams. Easily a valid reason to say Midkota could win state and they destroyed in the championship game one of the scores being 25-12.
baberuthguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gameplayer » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:11 pm

wolves65 wrote:Who is Midkota's comp. in their region. Bit of a bold statement to say they will win it all based on one tournament. Didn't they get beat by Carrington. From what I heard Central Cass looked flat after their match against Kindred.

Carrington, Langdon and Midkota are all in this region. MIdkota is a nice young team. Play scrappy defense. They are a good team. Alot of experienced players on Carrington and Langdon that have state championship trophies in volleyball and basketball. Should be fun!
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:00 pm

gameplayer wrote:
wolves65 wrote:Who is Midkota's comp. in their region. Bit of a bold statement to say they will win it all based on one tournament. Didn't they get beat by Carrington. From what I heard Central Cass looked flat after their match against Kindred.

Carrington, Langdon and Midkota are all in this region. MIdkota is a nice young team. Play scrappy defense. They are a good team. Alot of experienced players on Carrington and Langdon that have state championship trophies in volleyball and basketball. Should be fun!

Speaking of which... Central Cass has 2 state runner-up titles (BB) and 1 state consolation championship title (VB), so those girls also know how to win (not to mention that 4 of the CC girls placed in the state track meet last spring in various events).

I'm not surprised there was a letdown after playing (and beating!) district/region rival Kindred. CC will need to learn how to keep the intensity up if they want to go all the way this year.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:09 pm

baberuthguy wrote:Midkota will win state by a favorable amount. Way too many weapons for any other team to stop them or even compare.

Its still too early to be saying that! I'm not going to put Midkota down...because I know that they are a very good team...but its going to take more than talk for them to win State (especially in 'talk' in September)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby wolves65 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:52 pm

agreed, I think class B is wide open to whomever has a hot week in November. There is no team that stands out this season but there are some very good teams. Volleyball is way harder to predict than basketball when it come to who should be ranked and who will be there in the end.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baberuthguy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:17 pm

Ok that is fine you may have your oppinions but I guarantee when the season ends. midkota will be celebrating
baberuthguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:35 pm

baberuthguy wrote:Ok that is fine you may have your oppinions but I guarantee when the season ends. midkota will be celebrating

and I'll be holding you to that comment...way to put the pressure on them in September.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby baberuthguy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Fair enough. They are a great team and they will perform under pressure. Good Coach. Great players, I also would like to say I mean no disrespect to Carrington, Langdon, North Star. They are very good teams. I will aslo definately be the first to admit I was wrong if Midkota does not win the State tournament.
baberuthguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bisonfan11 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:44 am

I'm not sold on Midkota by any means. I think they're a good ball club. However, in my experiences...very rarely does the best team at an invitational tournament win the title. Just because it becomes such a long day for some kids, so it negates some their strengths...especially teams that play a more advanced style (it takes alot of intensity and focus to play that way due to the potential for errors).
They also single blocked all along the net when I watched. You won't beat Langdon and Hart with a single block.
bisonfan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vball12er » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:19 pm

What about class A?
vball12er
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:24 pm

vball12er wrote:What about class A?

I had no one send in any votes for Class A
Run4Fun2009