Wrestlers

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:27 am

If he benches 320 then I would check for roids, the kid is scrawny, no tone at all. I've seen him at mat level..:X
ndfootballwrestling

Postby goatspeed » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:51 am

ndfootballwrestling wrote:If he benches 320 then I would check for roids, the kid is scrawny, no tone at all. I've seen him at mat level..:X

If he's scrawny, I'd say he's just strong.  Roids will make you big and strong.  There are plenty of freakishly strong farm boys in ND that could pull something like that off without roids.
goatspeed

Postby goatspeed » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:17 am

Wombat wrote:
NDSportsFan wrote: I couldn't believe the scores Napoleon was posting in the tournaments.  They must have a once in a lifetime type team, for a school that size. 

Actually they've had a once in a lifetime team for the past 5 years as they are 4 time defending Class "B" Dual and Individual State Champions.

They placed 2nd in a very prestigious Bismarck Rotary tournament, higher than any class "A" team in the state.

Haven't they won 5 titles in the last 6 years?  I thought last year was the 5-peat.
goatspeed

Postby rep » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:21 pm

individual and team sweep for five consecutive years i believe
rep

Postby Hi Rizer » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:23 am

[align=left]
ndfootballwrestling wrote:If he benches 320 then I would check for roids, the kid is scrawny, no tone at all. I've seen him at mat level..:X

Scarwney??? he is ripped...he has like no fat at all and u cant see his ribs... check him out this year... he is huge... jus go to the state to check him out... i gurantee he places top 3 this year
[/align]
Hi Rizer

Postby inittowinit » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:13 pm

well i think strength is a big part of wrestling....but i would definatley take good technique over strength any day. someone with freakish technique would tear up any super strong guy. no doubt about it. ballard would be alot better if he had good technique. put them together and THEN he would be tuff
inittowinit

Postby cubsfan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:34 pm

a wrestler to watch out for this year is derrick rygg. he should be one of the top wrestlers at 112 this year.

Last edited by cubsfan on Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Takedown » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:05 pm

A wrestler to watch is Joelan Riesenauer he beat Kerr from Killdeer an Tuesday.
Respect must be earned but honor must be proven.
Takedown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:08 pm

im pretty sure he is not at 320 quite yet, but i do know that during football, he maxed out at around 250, and wrestles at 152. he is not on roids, he is just extremely well put together. no fat on him at all. he is just one big muscle.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby inittowinit » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:51 pm

is he going to have some technique this year?
inittowinit

Postby DeuceTrey » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:37 pm

inittowinit wrote:is he going to have some technique this year?

what do you mean? he has great technique, and i am curious on why you would say he doesnt. maybe you saw a match where he wasnt at his best, or maybe you thought he was someone else, but he is pretty dominant out there.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby inittowinit » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:57 am

no....i know who sean ballard is, i have seen him wrestle plenty of times.....well....if he would actually wrestle in some of his own class "A" tournaments, or prestigious tournaments. then people could see his "technique". but sean doesnt go to non-prestigous tournaments on his own will.....the coach at devils lake needs to schedule competition for those wrestlers
Last edited by inittowinit on Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inittowinit

Postby bcourtbraves » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:24 pm

What are you guys' thoughts about Belcourt wrestling, i know they have a couple tough guys that could be state champs. St Vincent and Scott are two that i know of.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:28 am

inittowinit wrote:no....i know who sean ballard is, i have seen him wrestle plenty of times.....well....if he would actually wrestle in some of his own class "A" tournaments, or prestigious tournaments. then people could see his "technique". but sean doesnt go to non-prestigous tournaments on his own will.....the coach at devils lake needs to schedule competition for those wrestlers

you are absolutly right. DL doesnt go to a lot of the tournaments that they are invited to that have good teams. that is a big reason why sean didnt wrestle very well against melmer at state last year, because he didnt get a chance to wrestle against anyone in the west. DL needs to get that exposure to west schools, and then they will gain some experience and continue to get better.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby inittowinit » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:00 pm

i thought ballard wrestled well at the state tournament last year
inittowinit

Postby DeuceTrey » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:09 am

he did, with the exception of the mellmer match.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby inittowinit » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:13 pm

how can you tell if he wrestled well in such a short match tho?
inittowinit

Postby boysbballfan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:11 pm

Well if he wrestled good it probably would have been a longer match.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby inittowinit » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:55 pm

So you're saying it would have been a close match if Mellmer AND Ballard wrestled to the best of their ablilities?
inittowinit

Postby region1 football » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:17 am

Does anyone know the ratings for the Class B wrestlers?
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:39 am

Go to the Dakota Grappler and theyve got some Class B rankings posted.
ndfootballwrestling

Postby boysbballfan » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:13 pm

inittowinit wrote:So you're saying it would have been a close match if Mellmer AND Ballard wrestled to the best of their ablilities?

NO Mellmer still would have probably pinned him but not so fast.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcourtbraves » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:15 pm

How About Aren St. Vincent.  I think hes number 1 in state in his weight division. Not really sure what his weight.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby yeah boys yeah boys yeah » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:24 am

Jake Anderson would have probaly won state this year in the 150lbs area, had he not gotten into an incident. The kid is amazing, he was a stud basketball player, but decided to go with wrestling this year. He can flat out "wrastle" 

YEAH BOYS YEAH BOYS!!!!!!!!
Last edited by yeah boys yeah boys yeah on Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
yeah boys yeah boys yeah

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:28 pm

What are everyone's thoughts on Colin Engelhardt of SM?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling