160 Class B

160 Class B

Postby champs0607 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:46 pm

Sounds like ford got robbed of his second state championship on saturday at the state tourney in bismarck. i wasn't there anybody want to fill me in on their thoughts or details of the match.
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Re: 160 Class B

Postby adriana » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:59 pm

I wouldnt say he got "robbed"...he stalled like his life depended on it..and got called for it. At the end of the match with a few seconds left he was up by 4...and went for a takedown but instead was called for clasping. Not the way Weigel wanted to win i'm sure.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wombat » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:18 pm

I would say that he got robbed. He has a reputation as a staller, which I won't argue is true... But the referees have to be impartial at all times and call every single kid the same way. They called stalling on Ford all weekend twice as fast as anyone else. and that's fast because stalling was called fast and furious at State.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby adriana » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:14 pm

Wombat wrote:I would say that he got robbed. He has a reputation as a staller, which I won't argue is true... But the referees have to be impartial at all times and call every single kid the same way. They called stalling on Ford all weekend twice as fast as anyone else. and that's fast because stalling was called fast and furious at State.

Well i dont kno about him being called for it twice as fast. If that was the case McLean would have won in the semis...because IMO ford was stalling more obviously in that match than in the finals.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Return to Wrestling