best ND wrestling family

Postby Wombat » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:47 pm

Rep, or someone else who is familiar with the Saylers, Could you post the family members and their wrestling accomplishments as I am not too familiar with Class A, especially when I got to wrestle varsity... I am interested in any family's accomplishments who may rival what the Mellmers have done in ND wrestling.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:31 pm

you are jumping into the conversation about 10 months too late.
rep

Postby Wombat » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:36 pm

Yeah, but since 10 months ago the Mellmers have added another state title to their family resume! haha... This was the second most recent topic on the wrestling board when I checked it out earlier today.

I'm still curious to hear about the Saylers and I'm not being a dink about this either, i'm a big fan of the sport and am always looking to learn about ND wreslting.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pilot89 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:00 am

What about the Luciers from Walhalla/Cavalier. 
pilot89

Postby Baller » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:19 am

pilot89 wrote:What about the Luciers from Walhalla/Cavalier. 

Read the rest of the topic!!
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: best ND wrestling family

Postby dylan32 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:04 am

the HILLIARDS its ran threw their family forever shari hilliard i place away from goin to the olypics in wrestling randy hilliard state champ 2002 tanner hilliard wrestles for devils lake hes a sophmore and all muscle 145 he;l fallow in their foot steps.
dylan32

Postby Gman1 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:41 am

lynnes from north two state titles for sure maybe three
Gman1

Postby Wombat » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:20 pm

dylan32 wrote:the HILLIARDS its ran threw their family forever shari hilliard i place away from goin to the olypics in wrestling randy hilliard state champ 2002 tanner hilliard wrestles for devils lake hes a sophmore and all muscle 145 he;l fallow in their foot steps.

I believe that it was their uncle who was ND's first ever 5X State Champion.
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:02 pm

Forgive me if this is a redundant post, I haven't read all the way through to the beginning of this thread.

I'm going to throw out for consideration the Vettel/McLean families from Hillsboro. James Vettel placed at state several years in a row and Joel Vettel won a state title and went on to have a great career with the Bison. Mark McLean was a state champion, had a good career at Mayville State, and married Michelle Vettel, James' and Joel's sister. Now Mark and Michelle have two sons that are making some noise on a state level as well - Jake is a junior and Alex is a freshman.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Makotifarmguy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:54 pm

Hillerud family from Velva. Probably some others from Velva as well, but Norland had some great wrestlers back in the 70's and 80's out of Velva.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby dtvman » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:34 am

Hinsa wrote:Forgive me if this is a redundant post, I haven't read all the way through to the beginning of this thread.

I'm going to throw out for consideration the Vettel/McLean families from Hillsboro. James Vettel placed at state several years in a row and Joel Vettel won a state title and went on to have a great career with the Bison. Mark McLean was a state champion, had a good career at Mayville State, and married Michelle Vettel, James' and Joel's sister. Now Mark and Michelle have two sons that are making some noise on a state level as well - Jake is a junior and Alex is a freshman.

Strictly at a high school level, I would say cousins Bryan and Chris Mueller had more success than the Vettels. 3 titles between them. Hillsboro's program is just now getting to the point where a second generation is seeing the same success their fathers. Andrew Grothmann has made some noise and could still win 2 state titles. His dad, Kevin, was a pretty good wrestler at the same time Mark McLean wrestled and Kevin's cousin made it to state 4 times, placed once.
dtvman

Postby Hinsa » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:17 pm

I wholeheartedly agree that the Mueller family has done very well also. You can add Gary, David, and Wes to the list of Muellers that participated/placed at state. Might be more, but my memory ain't what it used to be.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsnut » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:31 pm

Holy cow, three pages of post and nobody has mentioned the Kittleson's from Velva?!! How many state titles do they have as a family??
ndsportsnut
NDPreps Starter

Postby petey187 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Tyler, Trevor, and father Shannon Johnson be in this discussion? 6 state champs (possibly soon to be seven)
petey187
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Wrestling