Napoleon Wrestling

Postby rep » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:15 pm

i was over at www.dakotagrappler.com and i saw that napoleon is only a couple of dual victories away from breaking the consecutive class b dual streak.

no one over there knew what the actual number was, so i thought i'd open up the discussion here. anyone know what number napoleon is on or what the standing record is and who set it? when they set it?

from the way it sounds, napoleon will be at the carrington dual tournament on saturday (?) and will be wrestling hillsboro for the new record.

good luck napoleon!! 
rep

Postby bballfan_05 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:00 pm

How about napoleon winning the rotary tourney beating class A teams and stuff. Pretty impressive for a class B team.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:02 am

Anyone that ever say's its all about number of kids for BB like say Valley City, needs to look at what Napoleon has put togeter for wrestling. Hats off to the Imperial program. Proving time and time a gain that a 'small' school can kick around Class A schools.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Diamond D » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:48 am

Was down in Napoleon last week.  Didn't get to see a match, but got a chance to talk to a few of the parents of some of the wrestlers.  What a support group these grapplers have down there.  It is pretty amazing.  It is almost like they are one big famliy (well...most are at least cousins). 

Many of these wrestlers had parents that were outstanding wrestlers themselves, so there is some good genetics down there.

Glad to see them doing so well and wish them luck through the rest of the season.

It will be interesting come state time as to how many can take their weight class.

Diamond D

Postby rep » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:04 pm

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that after winning the rotary tournament, sweeping state for a sixth consecutive year should be a foregone conclusion.

region 1 is tough though, in a handful of classes the region finish will likely be the finish at state.
rep

Postby Diamond D » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:06 am

Rep:  I will agree and add on a year.  I believe Napoleon will be just about as strong next year as they are right now.  Couple of the Dad's and I had a beverage together and they talked at length about next year's team as well.

That might be shooting the gun a little early, but these people are not typically arogant people.  Very down to earth and honest.  If they believe they will be tough next year, I am not going to argue with them. 

Like I said.  Great support group down there.

Diamond D

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Diamond D wrote:Rep:  I will agree and add on a year.  I believe Napoleon will be just about as strong next year as they are right now.  Couple of the Dad's and I had a beverage together and they talked at length about next year's team as well.

That might be shooting the gun a little early, but these people are not typically arogant people.  Very down to earth and honest.  If they believe they will be tough next year, I am not going to argue with them. 

Like I said.  Great support group down there.

wonder what?
Last edited by ndsportsfan14 on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby fbinnd » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:51 am

The only number I wonder about is how many LaMoure kids will wrestle for Napoleon this year.  Seems when the numbers get low in Napoleon, they "expand their resources".  (See 1997 state B title for more information)
fbinnd

Postby TapouTfighter » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:14 pm

fbinnd wrote:The only number I wonder about is how many LaMoure kids will wrestle for Napoleon this year.  Seems when the numbers get low in Napoleon, they "expand their resources".  (See 1997 state B title for more information)

Like some people should expand their resources beyond the conspiracy theory channel?
TapouTfighter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:48 pm

sorry, dude, but fbinnd is right about the 1997 business.......i had a office right next to mrs. (jacinta) engelhardt, we had long talks about how they got around the ndhsaa by pretending to sell their home in lamoure and then when the season was over, they came back and jeremy graduated from lamoure.  he is right about that situation.  might still be over the top on other stuff. but i gotta back him up on this......what's that saying?  you're not paranoid if they're really out to get you;)
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fbinnd » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:19 am

Jeremy Engelhardt played football for LaMoure, wrestled for Napoleon, and ran track for LaMoure.  How does one pull that off?

Not to mention Kyle, Jeremy's brother, moves to Steele and gets an 11th hour wrestling coop approved. 

Meanwhile, Jeremy was supposedly living in Napoleon with his mom, and noone ever saw his mom there.

Oh, did we mention the fact that the Fargo Forum ran a story about Watford City protesting the whole mess after state was over?  The Wolves lost the state title by 1 point to Napoleon, and both Jeremy and Kyle placed second in their weight class.  Take their points away, and Napoleon loses about 20 points.  No contest.

But, the protest never materialized.  However, Watford's AD, Sherm Sylling, magically became Exec. Sec. of the HSAA that same year.

Weird.
Last edited by fbinnd on Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
fbinnd

Postby rep » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:47 pm

this has what to do with a dual streak that has happened over the last couple of years?
rep

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:00 am

you're right, the dual and state streaks are amazing; mandan was like that back in the 80's......just had tremendous teams, athletes, and a pretty coach or two.
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:07 pm

fbinnd wrote:Jeremy Engelhardt played football for LaMoure, wrestled for Napoleon, and ran track for LaMoure.  How does one pull that off?

Not to mention Kyle, Jeremy's brother, moves to Steele and gets an 11th hour wrestling coop approved. 

Meanwhile, Jeremy was supposedly living in Napoleon with his mom, and noone ever saw his mom there.

Oh, did we mention the fact that the Fargo Forum ran a story about Watford City protesting the whole mess after state was over?  The Wolves lost the state title by 1 point to Napoleon, and both Jeremy and Kyle placed second in their weight class.  Take their points away, and Napoleon loses about 20 points.  No contest.

But, the protest never materialized.  However, Watford's AD, Sherm Sylling, magically became Exec. Sec. of the HSAA that same year.

Weird.

Yes...I will admit...It is a little, umm, controversial. But that fact of the matter is you can't take away what these athletes have accomplished over the past decade or so. It isn't like they bring in new people every year.

Oh and FBINND I thought only privates recruit. Napoleon isn't a private school.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:08 am

Seems like whenever a team "DOMINATES" like Napolean has everybody wants to discredit the program. Especially when they are the size of Napolean, look no further than McCleary here. He's the main component to building his program his wrestlers of years past still help the youth wrestlers, do you see that often amongst your area wrestlers? I know we dont, plain and simple dedication is what it takes and a lot can be said of Napoleans wrestlers. Congrats to them all for helping the young guys out...:P 
ndfootballwrestling

Postby Diamond D » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:31 am

I am heading down to Napoleon this weekend.  Going to try and catch their football game Friday night.  Although I no longer live there, I can tell you that the people down there are some of ND's finest.  They have a strong leadership in their coaches and great support from their families.

I knew it was going to be hard to leave there back in 2001, but I return 4-6 times a year to be around that community.

Good luck to the Imperials this coming season.  I am looking forward to watching them play football, volleyball, wrestling, basketball, and everything else in between.
Diamond D

Postby Wombat » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:57 am

Napoleon had 1 dual streak going and then was beat, I believe by Carrington, a couple years back, then started a new streak. So the streak that is a new class B record as of last year had absolutely nothing to do with 1997... It started in like 2002-2003 (right around there somewhere)
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Wombat wrote:Napoleon had 1 dual streak going and then was beat, I believe by Carrington, a couple years back, then started a new streak. So the streak that is a new class B record as of last year had absolutely nothing to do with 1997... It started in like 2002-2003 (right around there somewhere)

Ya Carrington was pretty dominate then!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby BBall dominator » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:52 am

fbinnd wrote:Jeremy Engelhardt played football for LaMoure, wrestled for Napoleon, and ran track for LaMoure.  How does one pull that off?

Weird.
wow, in the recruiting thread FBINND says he won't post the names or instances of students transferring out of respect to the athletes.  Where did that such High character go FBINND
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wrestlingbacker » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:49 am

Jeremy was not recruited to napoleon nor did he want to come to napoleon.  I believe there were situations that forced jeremy to come to napoleon so that kyle would be elgible to wrestle.  Turned out better for napoleon in the end and backfired on some people who didn't want it to work.
wrestlingbacker

Re: Napoleon Wrestling

Postby c-man50 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:47 pm

i heard that napoleon only goes to tournys ther gaurunteed to win
c-man50

Postby rep » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:49 pm

c-man50 wrote:i heard that napoleon only goes to tournys ther gaurunteed to win

like rotary?
rep

Postby point/center » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:36 pm

rep wrote:
c-man50 wrote:i heard that napoleon only goes to tournys ther gaurunteed to win

like rotary?

so didnt Napoleon lose it's own early bird to Oakes yesterday?..
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby c-man50 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:54 pm

its just wat ive heard i'm not 100% sure on it though
c-man50

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:28 pm

c-man50 wrote:its just wat ive heard i'm not 100% sure on it though