Re: Napoleon Wrestling

Postby cutter90 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:07 pm

they just got beat tonight by carrington 37-36
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:29 am

cutter90 wrote:they just got beat tonight by carrington 37-36

which would explain why it's so cold... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: more than just lakes freezing over. Hecla and Hatton and Heil just froze
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Re:

Postby shorty141 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:49 pm

ndfootballwrestling wrote:   Seems like whenever a team "DOMINATES" like Napolean has everybody wants to discredit the program. Especially when they are the size of Napolean, look no further than McCleary here. He's the main component to building his program his wrestlers of years past still help the youth wrestlers, do you see that often amongst your area wrestlers? I know we dont, plain and simple dedication is what it takes and a lot can be said of Napoleans wrestlers. Congrats to them all for helping the young guys out...:P 

Nobody is discrediting napoleon... we all know they "dominate" :roll: but people are just looking into how they are getting all these wrestlers in their program from other schools, such as Lamoure. They aren't knocking down Napoleon by any means. Recruiting isn't allowed unless you are in a private school, and from my understandings, napoleon isn't.
shorty141

Postby fivekmom » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:44 pm

This is a look at the 2007 state championship lineup for Napoleon and their family history
103--Jared Reis--Lifelong Nap resident (Mom and Dad both NHS grads)
112-Sheldon Dewald--Lifelong Nap res (M & D both NHS grads)
119-Nathan Kleppe--Lifelong (minus 1early elem year)Nap resident--(Dad NHS grad)
125-Kevin Bitz-Lifelong Nap Res (M & D both NHS grads)
130-Cole Johnson-Lifelong Nap Res (Dad NHS grad)
135-Evan Gross-Lifelong Nap Res (M & D both NHS grads)
140-Michael Ellison--Moved to Napoleon 1st or 2nd Grade
145-Damon Weigel--Lifelong Nap Res (M & D both NHS grads)
152-Lance Piatz-Lifelong Nap Res (Mom NHS Grad)
160-Jordan Dewald--Lifelong Nap Res (M & D both NHS grads)
171-Shannon Fettig--Lifelong Nap Res (Dad NHS Grad)
189--Taylor Grunefelder--Lifelong Nap Res (Dad NHS Grad)
215--Kriss McCleary--Lifelong Nap Res
285--OPEN

Most of these wrestlers have had brothers, uncles or fathers that were part of past NHS teams. Recruiting? Hardly! Was there a protest submitted by Watford City in 1997? Yes---it did not just "disappear"---an investigation was held by NDHSAA and Napoleon was CLEARED of any wrongdoing. If you have any questions about it, I'm sure someone at ndhsaa.com would be happy to help you.
In the mean time, why don't we try to give credit to a program that has put a positive face on wrestling for many years, not just the last six. Napoleon has a fine tradition of wrestling for many reasons. The front runners are talented, hard working athletes, a terrific coaching staff that sees them from kindergarten through graduation both inseason and out, supportive families, and a community that loves wrestling.
Good luck to ALL wrestlers on their 2007-2008 season. I've enjoyed ND wrestling for 29 years, and I know this year will not disappoint me either.
fivekmom
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:03 am

cutter90 wrote:they just got beat tonight by carrington 37-36

36-35 pretty sure it was fav. of carrington it was a good tourney in carrington i tell ya so good duals do belive napolean lost twice
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigballer71 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:01 pm

they lost 3 times...carrington..lisbon...oaks
bigballer71

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:42 pm

bigballer71 wrote:they lost 3 times...carrington..lisbon...oaks

i think there program is done for a while!! Mcleary had about a 5 sec pin tho at the tourney
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby football_lives_on » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:32 pm

fivekmom wrote:This is a look at the 2007 state championship lineup for Napoleon and their family history
103--Jared Reis--Lifelong Nap resident (Mom and Dad both NHS grads)
112-Sheldon Dewald--Lifelong Nap res (M & D both NHS grads)
119-Nathan Kleppe--Lifelong (minus 1early elem year)Nap resident--(Dad NHS grad)
125-Kevin Bitz-Lifelong Nap Res (M & D both NHS grads)
130-Cole Johnson-Lifelong Nap Res (Dad NHS grad)
135-Evan Gross-Lifelong Nap Res (M & D both NHS grads)
140-Michael Ellison--Moved to Napoleon 1st or 2nd Grade
145-Damon Weigel--Lifelong Nap Res (M & D both NHS grads)
152-Lance Piatz-Lifelong Nap Res (Mom NHS Grad)
160-Jordan Dewald--Lifelong Nap Res (M & D both NHS grads)
171-Shannon Fettig--Lifelong Nap Res (Dad NHS Grad)
189--Taylor Grunefelder--Lifelong Nap Res (Dad NHS Grad)
215--Kriss McCleary--Lifelong Nap Res
285--OPEN

Most of these wrestlers have had brothers, uncles or fathers that were part of past NHS teams. Recruiting? Hardly! Was there a protest submitted by Watford City in 1997? Yes---it did not just "disappear"---an investigation was held by NDHSAA and Napoleon was CLEARED of any wrongdoing. If you have any questions about it, I'm sure someone at ndhsaa.com would be happy to help you.
In the mean time, why don't we try to give credit to a program that has put a positive face on wrestling for many years, not just the last six. Napoleon has a fine tradition of wrestling for many reasons. The front runners are talented, hard working athletes, a terrific coaching staff that sees them from kindergarten through graduation both inseason and out, supportive families, and a community that loves wrestling.
Good luck to ALL wrestlers on their 2007-2008 season. I've enjoyed ND wrestling for 29 years, and I know this year will not disappoint me either.

i agree 100 % with this post
napoleon does not recruit wrestlers to come to their school
they're coach has them wrestle two a days from what i understand and those kids work in the offseason
i hope McCleary wins state
4 time state champ would be nice to see
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby inittowinit » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:38 pm

Michael Ellison- how could he have moved to napoleon when he was in 1st or 2nd grade when he used to wrestle for century?
inittowinit

Postby cubsfan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:31 pm

We really don't need to explain peoples personal lives on this board or why they live where they live.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Wrestling