poll question

Postby rep » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:09 pm

i was looking at the state wrestling poll today and was kind of surprised to see that bismarck was the top-ranked team in the state, but not in the west? how does that work?
rep

Postby point/center » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:34 am

couple different ideas. 1-West media don't think they are as good as East media does? or East voters are givin votes without realzing they are not #1 in west?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballcrasher » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:19 pm

I don't think it's a media vote. I think it's coaches. But the premise is right. East coaches think that Bismarck is better than West coaches???
Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:42 pm

anyone go to the battle for the top spot in the west region tonight?

did the pit treat jamestown kindly or not?
rep

Postby secretpotion » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:22 pm

Jamestown will not compete in too many duels because of the lacking ability to fill weight classes but will be a tough tournament team with at least five top placers
secretpotion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:43 pm

from what i've heard from white (jhs coach) jamestown will have all their weight classes filled by january (i think they have four open slots right now?)

don't know if that will make much a difference or not, but at least then teams won't be guaranteed 24 points right from the start.
rep

Postby footballplayer » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:27 pm

rep wrote:from what i've heard from white (jhs coach) jamestown will have all their weight classes filled by january (i think they have four open slots right now?)

don't know if that will make much a difference or not, but at least then teams won't be guaranteed 24 points right from the start.

Has Jamestown filled those weight classes yet? If so, how old are the kids they are putting in there, any young kids?
footballplayer

Postby rep » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:33 pm

footballplayer wrote:
rep wrote:from what i've heard from white (jhs coach) jamestown will have all their weight classes filled by january (i think they have four open slots right now?)

Has Jamestown filled those weight classes yet? If so, how old are the kids they are putting in there, any young kids?

for the most part they are younger kids. i can't think of any names off hand,  but i think they are all either freshman or eighth graders. a couple of them have picked up victories in duals prior to the rotary.

can't remember how they have done overall though, i'm sure they are picking up losses, but when they are that green i have a tendency to only remember wins.
rep

Return to Wrestling