Best Rotation

Postby spoilers23 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:19 pm

So who's going to have the best all around pitching rotation in '07 with the change to wood bats.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball11 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:45 pm

Whoever can throw strikes.:)
baseball11

Postby andy_7 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:15 am

Well i suppose TLM will have a good rotation, from what i hear.
andy_7

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:34 pm

The one sport minot ryan can hype themselves in, baseball, this year we lions should have quite the rotation. 3 Juniors-Backes,Kallias,Allard
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cash » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:17 pm

Thompson will be one of the best, the Kjehmus's should do very good with the new rule of wood bats. LaMoure should have a good pitching staff- Holen and Watkins; they both have very good experience with state high school and state legion. I'm not really sure on how Velva's will be, but, from recent years, it would be a good chance that they will be a top pitching staff. Minot Ryan could have a good, young staff. Backes and Callias are both strong pitchers. Grafton has a very good junior pitcher, Klinske. He should do good, if he has control; never seen him pitch. Steele's will be ok, Bakkum and Lang will most likely win that region for Steele. Central Valley should have a decent rotation, seeing how they went to state babe ruth a couple years ago. Midkota has some pitchers that could do good, and they have a fantastic coach. Turtle Lake has a good pitcher, forgot his name, however. Rollette/Rolla, what will they have? I know Vondal was very strong for them last year, and pitched really good at state, but, errors killed them. Dakota Prairie has some young, strong arms. Severson and a couple of younger ones that had good experience at state babe ruth this year. Lakota has a good pitcher- Olderbach. They also have Johansen, who's a younger pitcher with a good breaking ball. I think the pitching staffs really drop off compared to last years, there isin't many Zach Shaefers really, or any left handers like Grover. However, I think pitching will become more dominant because of wooden bats. So a possible outcome will be that great pitchers (Klinske, Bakkum, etc) will look fantastic, rarely giving up a run or baserunners. The good pitchers will look a lot better, and give up few runs as well, but a couple because good hitters could still get hits. Average and worse pitchers will be able to do much better. I think pitchers confidence levels will be very high due to the wood bats.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby magic715 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:58 pm

Cole dont forget about the Krueger kid, your pretty good  yourself, if your not a top 3 on the team there is somethiing wrong with your coach, i think he realized after summer ball started that u should have been playing this yr.
magic715

Postby cash » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:21 am

magic715 wrote:Cole dont forget about the Krueger kid, your pretty good  yourself, if your not a top 3 on the team there is somethiing wrong with your coach, i think he realized after summer ball started that u should have been playing this yr.
I've never seen Krueger pitch before, but I've heard he's pretty good.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:53 pm

cash wrote:
magic715 wrote:Cole dont forget about the Krueger kid, your pretty good  yourself, if your not a top 3 on the team there is somethiing wrong with your coach, i think he realized after summer ball started that u should have been playing this yr.
I've never seen Krueger pitch before, but I've heard he's pretty good.

thanks, umm lets just hope velva doesnt see this or i will be the center of critcism
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nike07 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:29 am

cash wrote:Thompson will be one of the best, the Kjehmus's should do very good with the new rule of wood bats. LaMoure should have a good pitching staff- Holen and Watkins; they both have very good experience with state high school and state legion. I'm not really sure on how Velva's will be, but, from recent years, it would be a good chance that they will be a top pitching staff. Minot Ryan could have a good, young staff. Backes and Callias are both strong pitchers. Grafton has a very good junior pitcher, Klinske. He should do good, if he has control; never seen him pitch. Steele's will be ok, Bakkum and Lang will most likely win that region for Steele. Central Valley should have a decent rotation, seeing how they went to state babe ruth a couple years ago. Midkota has some pitchers that could do good, and they have a fantastic coach. Turtle Lake has a good pitcher, forgot his name, however. Rollette/Rolla, what will they have? I know Vondal was very strong for them last year, and pitched really good at state, but, errors killed them. Dakota Prairie has some young, strong arms. Severson and a couple of younger ones that had good experience at state babe ruth this year. Lakota has a good pitcher- Olderbach. They also have Johansen, who's a younger pitcher with a good breaking ball. I think the pitching staffs really drop off compared to last years, there isin't many Zach Shaefers really, or any left handers like Grover. However, I think pitching will become more dominant because of wooden bats. So a possible outcome will be that great pitchers (Klinske, Bakkum, etc) will look fantastic, rarely giving up a run or baserunners. The good pitchers will look a lot better, and give up few runs as well, but a couple because good hitters could still get hits. Average and worse pitchers will be able to do much better. I think pitchers confidence levels will be very high due to the wood bats.
i dont see tanner lorenz or bryan krahler in any of those sentences, how can his be?
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:38 am

nike07 wrote:
cash wrote:Thompson will be one of the best, the Kjehmus's should do very good with the new rule of wood bats. LaMoure should have a good pitching staff- Holen and Watkins; they both have very good experience with state high school and state legion. I'm not really sure on how Velva's will be, but, from recent years, it would be a good chance that they will be a top pitching staff. Minot Ryan could have a good, young staff. Backes and Callias are both strong pitchers. Grafton has a very good junior pitcher, Klinske. He should do good, if he has control; never seen him pitch. Steele's will be ok, Bakkum and Lang will most likely win that region for Steele. Central Valley should have a decent rotation, seeing how they went to state babe ruth a couple years ago. Midkota has some pitchers that could do good, and they have a fantastic coach. Turtle Lake has a good pitcher, forgot his name, however. Rollette/Rolla, what will they have? I know Vondal was very strong for them last year, and pitched really good at state, but, errors killed them. Dakota Prairie has some young, strong arms. Severson and a couple of younger ones that had good experience at state babe ruth this year. Lakota has a good pitcher- Olderbach. They also have Johansen, who's a younger pitcher with a good breaking ball. I think the pitching staffs really drop off compared to last years, there isin't many Zach Shaefers really, or any left handers like Grover. However, I think pitching will become more dominant because of wooden bats. So a possible outcome will be that great pitchers (Klinske, Bakkum, etc) will look fantastic, rarely giving up a run or baserunners. The good pitchers will look a lot better, and give up few runs as well, but a couple because good hitters could still get hits. Average and worse pitchers will be able to do much better. I think pitchers confidence levels will be very high due to the wood bats.
i dont see tanner lorenz or bryan krahler in any of those sentences, how can his be?
There decent players, krahler didn't pitch much in high school this last year, but, he probably will this year being one of the top pitchers on his team.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nike07 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:52 am

cash, look at the harvey baseball site, www.harvey.k12.nd.us then click on baseball, it has bios and everything, pretty neat, then you can see if you know anything about harvey baseball
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:39 am

a roster, with positions and stats.  if thats a bio most schools ahve them, nothing new.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cash » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:06 pm

baseball wrote:a roster, with positions and stats.  if thats a bio most schools ahve them, nothing new.
I think you might have clicked on the wrong link, http://www.harvey.k12.nd.us/Baseball/Home.htm , theres the right site.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Big Hitter » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:52 am

Well lakota should have a pretty good rotation with Olderbak and Johansen they combined to go 14-2 last year. Hoerth could be another good pitcher if he can be consistent
Big Hitter

Postby tadam6 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:58 pm

Big Hitter wrote:Well lakota should have a pretty good rotation with Olderbak and Johansen they combined to go 14-2 last year. Hoerth could be another good pitcher if he can be consistent

i think with only having 3 pitchers it would be pretty tough to win a highschool regional and if your talking about getting to state legion then there is no way 3 pitchers will get you anywhere during the legion regional
tadam6

Postby Big Hitter » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:12 am

tadam6 wrote:
Big Hitter wrote:Well lakota should have a pretty good rotation with Olderbak and Johansen they combined to go 14-2 last year. Hoerth could be another good pitcher if he can be consistent

i think with only having 3 pitchers it would be pretty tough to win a highschool regional and if your talking about getting to state legion then there is no way 3 pitchers will get you anywhere during the legion regional

Well if you do it right you would pitch hoerth in the first game depending on the team of coarse and try to win out. ofcoarse that is not always the case lakota also has Mike Wilkinson who played second base for them. He got a lot of experience this summer against good hitters. Jacob ritteman could also be another option he has a good slider and a decent fast ball but lacks some control. But in legion your definatly right plus we lose johansen so high school is where we need to take advantage.
Big Hitter

Postby cash » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:02 pm

Big Hitter wrote:
tadam6 wrote:

Well if you do it right you would pitch hoerth in the first game depending on the team of coarse and try to win out. ofcoarse that is not always the case lakota also has Mike Wilkinson who played second base for them. He got a lot of experience this summer against good hitters. Jacob ritteman could also be another option he has a good slider and a decent fast ball but lacks some control. But in legion your definatly right plus we lose johansen so high school is where we need to take advantage.
Johanson and Olderbak are two good solid big game pitchers. Hoerth is a pitcher you'd throw against a Carrington or New Rockford, he's a great catcher though. Best rotation in Lakota's region is Harvey, just because their so experienced and have good leaders, Lakota always is wanting to win, but nobady really leads them, and I believe Olderbak can do that along with Hoerth and Johanson. They have a decent coach who makes good decisions and has produced a winning team and they have a shot in the next couple years.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootball06 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:19 am

steele has bakkum and harvey has lorenz, do either of them have a good number 2 guy in their rotation.  langdon will have adam who will be one of the top pitchers in the state, wold should be able to win some games for them too.  do they have anything after these two?  cull will have to carry cavalier if they are going to win any games.  north border has two good pitchers in carpenter and i think gunderson might be the other one not sure on the name though.  carpenter throws hard but has a problem with control.  gunderson has a big deuce but his fastball won't overpower anybody.  grafton has a handful of pitchers that can win on any given day, with kliniske who probably has one of the best fastballs around, lutovsky is tough, and they got another huge kid thats going to be a force on the mound.  thompson still has the kjhemus twins.  backes from bishop ryan is a good lefty if i remember right.  olderbak from lakota is decent.
Last edited by ndfootball06 on Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballer2 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:29 am

ndfootball06 wrote:steele has bakkum and harvey has lorenz, do either of them have a good number 2 guy in their rotation.  langdon will have adam who will be one of the top pitchers in the state, wold should be able to win some games for them too.  do they have anything after these two?  cull will have to carry cavalier if they are going to win any games.  north border has two good pitchers in carpenter and i think gunderson might be the other one not sure on the name though.  carpenter throws hard but has a problem with control.  gunderson has a big deuce but his fastball won't overpower anybody.  grafton has a handful of pitchers that can win on any given day, with kliniske who probably has one of the best fastballs around, lutovsky is tough, and they got another huge kid thats going to be a force on the mound.  thompson still has the kjhemus twins.  backes from bishop ryan is a good lefty if i remember right.  olderbak from lakota is decent.

steele has nick lang... i think he is just as good as bakkum but hasnt really gotten the recognition... he has a descent curveball and a descent fastball but he throws from a different arm angle that hitters struggle picking up... he really came around in the legion season last year and got a lot of innings for steele he had a great win loss record couldnt tell u exactly but he shut out lamoure in a tourney and also got a win against cooperstown... he is a 1 or 2...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cash » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:47 am

Lang is decent, Bakkum is much better though. Steele will be tough this year because of Bakkum's leadership and overall experience. Harvey has Bryan Krahler who has great control and a good curveball and then about 5 average pitchers.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:39 pm

bakkum is a good pitcher but i think he will hurt teams the most is in the box and on the bases...he's always a threat to steal and is always a tough out...if you watched the state championship game in highschool you know what i mean
tadam6

Postby cash » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:37 pm

tadam6 wrote:bakkum is a good pitcher but i think he will hurt teams the most is in the box and on the bases...he's always a threat to steal and is always a tough out...if you watched the state championship game in highschool you know what i mean
Excellent point, Bakkum is one of the best baserunners in the state in my opinion. Hitting he can go through slumps, but overall I think he's the best pitching. I never though he was that good until last legion summer, he really impressed me pitching wise, hitting, fielding, and baserunning, he is definatley a top 5-10 pitcher and a top 5 player in the state class a and b.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:49 pm

bballer2 wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:steele has bakkum and harvey has lorenz, do either of them have a good number 2 guy in their rotation.  langdon will have adam who will be one of the top pitchers in the state, wold should be able to win some games for them too.  do they have anything after these two?  cull will have to carry cavalier if they are going to win any games.  north border has two good pitchers in carpenter and i think gunderson might be the other one not sure on the name though.  carpenter throws hard but has a problem with control.  gunderson has a big deuce but his fastball won't overpower anybody.  grafton has a handful of pitchers that can win on any given day, with kliniske who probably has one of the best fastballs around, lutovsky is tough, and they got another huge kid thats going to be a force on the mound.  thompson still has the kjhemus twins.  backes from bishop ryan is a good lefty if i remember right.  olderbak from lakota is decent.

steele has nick lang... i think he is just as good as bakkum but hasnt really gotten the recognition... he has a descent curveball and a descent fastball but he throws from a different arm angle that hitters struggle picking up... he really came around in the legion season last year and got a lot of innings for steele he had a great win loss record couldnt tell u exactly but he shut out lamoure in a tourney and also got a win against cooperstown... he is a 1 or 2...

it was actually Velva that Lang shut down, i woudl say thats even more impressive with the legion team they had.  i believe it was only 3 runs and that came on a bases clearing double with 2 outs in the 7th.  Bakkum will be the 1A with nick the 1B.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Big Hitter » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:21 pm

cash wrote:
Big Hitter wrote:
tadam6 wrote:

Johanson and Olderbak are two good solid big game pitchers. Hoerth is a pitcher you'd throw against a Carrington or New Rockford, he's a great catcher though. Best rotation in Lakota's region is Harvey, just because their so experienced and have good leaders, Lakota always is wanting to win, but nobady really leads them, and I believe Olderbak can do that along with Hoerth and Johanson. They have a decent coach who makes good decisions and has produced a winning team and they have a shot in the next couple years.
Harvey has two solid pitchers Lorenz sorry on the spelling and Kraler but who else do they have with good big game experience. They lost bukka and Franz last year. I don't know who else they have? So the best rotation is pretty equal.
Big Hitter

Postby ndfootball06 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:49 pm

Big Hitter wrote:Harvey has two solid pitchers Lorenz sorry on the spelling and Kraler but who else do they have with good big game experience. They lost bukka and Franz last year. I don't know who else they have? So the best rotation is pretty equal.

Whose rotations are pretty equal?
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class B