Best Rotation

Postby Big Hitter » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:55 pm

ndfootball06 wrote:
Big Hitter wrote:Harvey has two solid pitchers Lorenz sorry on the spelling and Kraler but who else do they have with good big game experience. They lost bukka and Franz last year. I don't know who else they have? So the best rotation is pretty equal.

Whose rotations are pretty equal?
Sorry, my bad I am talking about Lakota and Harvey I think that they will have pretty equal rotations.
Big Hitter

Postby cash » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:07 pm

Big Hitter wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:
Big Hitter wrote:Harvey has two solid pitchers Lorenz sorry on the spelling and Kraler but who else do they have with good big game experience. They lost bukka and Franz last year. I don't know who else they have? So the best rotation is pretty equal.

Sorry, my bad I am talking about Lakota and Harvey I think that they will have pretty equal rotations.
Harvey's have more experience, how many state tournaments has Lakota played in legion/hs in the last 5 years? Not a one. Harvey has been to 1 or 2. Harvey will have a better pitching staff, hitting though, is what will kill Harvey, they have never really had good hitting. Dont get me wrong, Lakota will be good this year, they should be a top contender in their region, I just believe the rotations are in favor of Harvey by just a little bit.
Last edited by cash on Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Big Hitter » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:20 pm

cash wrote:
Big Hitter wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:

Harvey's have more experience, how many state tournaments has Lakota played in legion/hs in the last 5 years? Not a one. Harvey has been to 1 or 2. Harvey will have a better pitching staff, hitting though, is what will kill Harvey, they have never really had good hitting. Dont get me wrong, Lakota will be good this year, they should be a top contender in their region, I just believe the rotations are in favor of Harvey by just a little bit.
What does going to state in baseball five years ago have to do with the players they have this year. Who else has pitched for them last year in varsity
Big Hitter

Postby cash » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:25 pm

Big Hitter wrote:
cash wrote:
Big Hitter wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:

What does going to state in baseball five years ago have to do with the players they have this year. Who else has pitched for them last year in varsity
Ben Rogelstad I believe has, Josh Zeien, Andrew Nyhus, those are the above average ones, then theres about 3 that pitched jv the last 3-4 years.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Big Hitter » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:34 pm

Well it sounds like Harvey will have a good rotation. It will be fun to see how lakota and Harvey matches up this year.
Big Hitter

Postby cash » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:36 pm

Big Hitter wrote:Well it sounds like Harvey will have a good rotation. It will be fun to see how lakota and Harvey matches up this year.
Should be some very good games.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:10 pm

Hatton-Northwood will have a good rotation this year. They have alot of depth. They may not have any top-of-the-line pitchers, but they got alot of players who can pitch and who have had success pitching. David Dafforn, Tony Lenz, and Blake Segerholm are all seniors, and have all been pitching a decent amount on varsity since they were sophomores. Eli Wold is another senior who will more than likely see alot of time on the mound. He pitched last year quite a bit. Ben Strand and Kyle Funseth, although they haven't pitched that much, have done well when they have pitched. They are more useful at their positions in the field and their bats however. Jon Nelson is a junior lefty who should be improved from last year. He throws hard, and has a nice curveball, he just needs some time to work on trusting his pitches, and the control will come. If the players I have just mentioned don't step up for Hatton-Northwood, they can go down to the sophomores. Tyler Bilden, a lefty sophomore might be used in the rotation anyways. He is very decieving as a pitcher, and being a lefty helps him with that. Eric Dafforn is another lefty. He is probably better in the outfield but he can pitch. Spencer Huus and Ryan Pladson are also very good in the field, and can pitch. The rotation isn't set, but Hatton-Northwood should have plenty of depth to take them through the tournaments in both high school, and possibly legion.
Last edited by thunderbaseball_38 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby Tigger » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:20 am

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:Hatton-Northwood will have a good rotation this year. They have alot of depth. They may not have any top-of-the-line pitchers, but they got alot of players who can pitch and who have had success pitching. David Dafforn, Tony Lenz, and Blake Segerholm are all seniors, and have all been pitching a decent amount on varsity since they were sophomores. Eli Wold is another senior who will more than likely see alot of time on the mound. He pitched last year quite a bit. Ben Strand and Kyle Funseth, although they haven't pitched that much, have done well when they have pitched. They are more useful at their positions in the field and their bats however. Jon Nelson is a junior lefty who should be improved from last year. He throws hard, and has a nice curveball, he just needs some time to work on trusting his pitches, and the control will come. If the players I have just mentioned don't step up for Hatton-Northwood, they can go down to the sophomores. Tyler Bilden, a lefty sophomore might be used in the rotation anyways. He is very decieving as a pitcher, and being a lefty helps him with that. Eric Dafforn is another lefty. He is probably better in the outfield but he can pitch. Spencer Huus and Ryan Pladson are also very good in the field, and can pitch. The rotation isn't set, but Hatton-Northwood should have plenty of depth to take them through the tournaments in both high school, and possibly legion.

It looks like we've got some pretty big H-N fans on this board.  Looking at the list of guys you say are coming back, I'd say that on paper H-N definitely has the talent to compete with Thompson and CV-Hills.  If Ty Kjemhus is on top of his game, he'll be the best pitcher in the region.  As a rotation, it looks like H-N could be deeper than CV-Hills (Novacek, Brend, Mikkleson, Olson) and maybe as deep if not deeper than Thompson (Kjemhus, Kjemhus, Cooley).  It'll just come down to which team adjusts best to the wood bats.  In Legion, Hatton will be in the mix at the top of the section, but on paper nobody will have roster that compares with Thompson. 
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:17 am

Tigger wrote:
thunderbaseball_38 wrote:Hatton-Northwood will have a good rotation this year. They have alot of depth. They may not have any top-of-the-line pitchers, but they got alot of players who can pitch and who have had success pitching. David Dafforn, Tony Lenz, and Blake Segerholm are all seniors, and have all been pitching a decent amount on varsity since they were sophomores. Eli Wold is another senior who will more than likely see alot of time on the mound. He pitched last year quite a bit. Ben Strand and Kyle Funseth, although they haven't pitched that much, have done well when they have pitched. They are more useful at their positions in the field and their bats however. Jon Nelson is a junior lefty who should be improved from last year. He throws hard, and has a nice curveball, he just needs some time to work on trusting his pitches, and the control will come. If the players I have just mentioned don't step up for Hatton-Northwood, they can go down to the sophomores. Tyler Bilden, a lefty sophomore might be used in the rotation anyways. He is very decieving as a pitcher, and being a lefty helps him with that. Eric Dafforn is another lefty. He is probably better in the outfield but he can pitch. Spencer Huus and Ryan Pladson are also very good in the field, and can pitch. The rotation isn't set, but Hatton-Northwood should have plenty of depth to take them through the tournaments in both high school, and possibly legion.

It looks like we've got some pretty big H-N fans on this board.  Looking at the list of guys you say are coming back, I'd say that on paper H-N definitely has the talent to compete with Thompson and CV-Hills.  If Ty Kjemhus is on top of his game, he'll be the best pitcher in the region.  As a rotation, it looks like H-N could be deeper than CV-Hills (Novacek, Brend, Mikkleson, Olson) and maybe as deep if not deeper than Thompson (Kjemhus, Kjemhus, Cooley).  It'll just come down to which team adjusts best to the wood bats.  In Legion, Hatton will be in the mix at the top of the section, but on paper nobody will have roster that compares with Thompson. 

I think Hatton-Northwood has the deepest rotation. Central Valley-Hillsboro the next deepest rotation. You could maybe add Foley into CV-H's rotation. Thompson doesn't have deep rotation at all though. They have probably the top pitchers, but not the depth. They are going to be tough the whole season, but come tournament time, They are going to have to find some fresh arms. I think you might be seeing Casey Nelson throwing a bit this season too. Thats three lefty's in their top 4 pitchers, so that should be interesting. Its going to be an exciting year for these 3 teams the whole year. Whoever goes to state from the region, it won't be an upset if it is HN, CV-H, or Thompson.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby cash » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:29 am

harvey has a really deep rotation, i accually think they could be the best in the state if they dont let things get to them, they can be beat, but u have to do the small things to beat them, their my preseason pick along with hatton, they should be good
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby berry186 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:01 pm

cash wrote:harvey has a really deep rotation, i accually think they could be the best in the state if they dont let things get to them, they can be beat, but u have to do the small things to beat them, their my preseason pick along with hatton, they should be good

lamoure has a prettu good rotation back with 3 back in high school and 4 back in legion
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:14 am

cash wrote:harvey has a really deep rotation, i accually think they could be the best in the state if they dont let things get to them, they can be beat, but u have to do the small things to beat them, their my preseason pick along with hatton, they should be good

I can't wait to see Harvey this year. Any team with what is it, 15 seniors coming back should be one of the top teams in the state. I'm sure their pitching is no slouch, especially with Tanner Lorenz anchoring it. That team should be fun to watch on the mound.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby Devils » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:08 am

Midkota has some good pitching, Joel Anderson, Travis Duffy, and the three Hardings
Devils
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nike07 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:25 am

anderson is good, the three hardings are average at best, and duffy is decent
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dizza30 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:54 pm

harvey has a good rotation like every year but....they can't hit very good and they can't field at all....all you have to do is wait for them to make errors
Last edited by Dizza30 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:11 pm

I beileve CV-H has the most depth in their region, 8 out of the 9 guys out their can be throwing and have pitched before in at least 5+ games in their careers id probbly say, when watching them they have had many pitchers pitch and none of them were real bad so pitching i would put them above H-N but very close.
Last edited by footballfanwatcher_99 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:15 pm

Dizza30 wrote:

harvey has a good rotation like every year but....they can't hit very good and they can't field at all....all you have to do is wait for them to make errors
yea, i agree they made a few errors last year, but, they matured a little and its a whole new year, if they can improve their hitting i think they'll be fine, cause their hitting was awful at sometimes last year
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hollywood » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:21 am

ya and 3 big bats are taking out that were there last year- frantz, buxa, and volk
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby web17 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:42 pm

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
Tigger wrote:

I think Hatton-Northwood has the deepest rotation. Central Valley-Hillsboro the next deepest rotation. You could maybe add Foley into CV-H's rotation. Thompson doesn't have deep rotation at all though. They have probably the top pitchers, but not the depth. They are going to be tough the whole season, but come tournament time, They are going to have to find some fresh arms. I think you might be seeing Casey Nelson throwing a bit this season too. Thats three lefty's in their top 4 pitchers, so that should be interesting. Its going to be an exciting year for these 3 teams the whole year. Whoever goes to state from the region, it won't be an upset if it is HN, CV-H, or Thompson.

Nelson might not throw at all this season. He has had some shoulder problems on his throwing shoulder. that is why he didnt pitch an inning last year and i would be very surprised if he pitches this year for Thompson.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:58 pm

hollywood wrote:ya and 3 big bats are taking out that were there last year- frantz, buxa, and volk
excellent point, u gotta think that they will still win games tho with the pitching staff that they have
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseballkid » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:05 pm

tadam6 wrote:bakkum is a good pitcher but i think he will hurt teams the most is in the box and on the bases...he's always a threat to steal and is always a tough out...if you watched the state championship game in highschool you know what i mean

He is, but he can be over aggresive and get himself into situations that shouldn't happen. A good catcher can pick that up and pick him off first almost every time.
baseballkid

Postby junior11 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:09 am

central cass-- jared brown throws in the 80's with a nasty curve, a tranfer in anthony fontana throws in the 80's.. Brandon Rust consistant strike thrower.. Sam Back and Nathan Nowak will also throw
junior11
NDPreps Rookie

Postby tadam6 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:34 am

hip hip..hooray...jarod brown used to play for cavalier and if he is anything like he was with cavalier then dont be scared
tadam6

Postby brown10 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:07 am

langdon wont have depth schafer was the team
brown10
NDPreps Rookie

Postby catchit9 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:30 am

central cass has one in the low 80's... one in the mid to upper 80's... and a bunch of guys that will get in there and get the job done... strikes is all its gonna take... its gonna be up to the hitters to do something with good placed balls
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Class B