Best Rotation

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:52 am

Have they been clocked in the 80's or are you just guessing? I know some people just think their throwing 80's because it looks fast. Fontana is going to college to play a position, not pitcher, so I'm guessing he's low 80's, but the other player, I'm saying only throws upper 70's. Has he gone to any camps?
baseball1981

Postby junior11 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:21 pm

yea actually we all went to a camp in Iowa.. clocked in the 80's.. its ok.. not going to talk us up until we show it
junior11
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:59 pm

junior11 wrote:yea actually we all went to a camp in Iowa.. clocked in the 80's.. its ok.. not going to talk us up until we show it
Good idea, I like where your heads at. Maybe he does throw 80, I've never seen him play so I wouldn't know. :)
baseball1981

Postby bball1niner » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:29 pm

brown10 wrote:langdon wont have depth schafer was the team

hahahahaha...tanner adam, drew wold (who was like 7-0), alex chaput, jesse zeis...if you don't know their names..you soon will
bball1niner

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:31 pm

bball1niner wrote:
brown10 wrote:langdon wont have depth schafer was the team

hahahahaha...tanner adam, drew wold (who was like 7-0), alex chaput, jesse zeis...if you don't know their names..you soon will
Langdon will be good, no doubt about it. Will they be as good as they were last year? Probably not, but they have potential. I think Langdon will end up saying they had a good year at the end of the season.
baseball1981

Postby knights4 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:33 pm

how old is chaput and zeis i dont remember them playing last year.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:34 pm

knights4 wrote:how old is chaput and zeis i dont remember them playing last year.
Juniors? I think.
baseball1981

Postby knights4 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:37 pm

did they get any time on varsity last year
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:37 pm

knights4 wrote:did they get any time on varsity last year
I think so, I didn't see them play much, but, I believe they did.
baseball1981

Postby bball1niner » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:10 pm

baseball1981 wrote:

neither played in the field at all...zies pitched well in jv and chaput had 2 no hitters in high school/legion...
bball1niner

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:12 pm

bball1niner wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

neither played in the field at all...zies pitched well in jv and chaput had 2 no hitters in high school/legion...
My bad, I thought they played some in the field, bad memory here haha.
baseball1981

Postby bball1niner » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:18 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
bball1niner wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

hahaha nope there were 4 seniors and the rest were juniors pretty much...one is a junior this year and zeis is a sophmore
bball1niner

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:23 pm

bball1niner wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
bball1niner wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

hahaha nope there were 4 seniors and the rest were juniors pretty much...one is a junior this year and zeis is a sophmore
Ahh, well, I still think they wont be as good as some of the top pitching staffs- Thompson, Hatton-Northwood, Lamoure, Harvey, but, they will be up there.
baseball1981

Postby catchit9 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:10 am

lets just say that central cass will suprise some people i think
Last edited by catchit9 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:07 am

catchit9 wrote:lets just say that central cass will suprise some people i think
Theres always a couple teams that do that, and they just might have the fire power to do it.
baseball1981

Postby baseball11 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:56 pm

Actually Zeis probably won't be pitching this year, or will be doing very little of it.  He hurt his elbow pretty bad last year and has had some trouble throwing.

Our main pitchers will probably be, in no particual order, Tanner Adam, Drew Wold, Alex Chaput, and Chris Beneda.  All have pitched  quite a bit in varsity and should be solid.
baseball11

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:57 pm

Adam is the only one that's REALLY established himself as a good pitcher, the rest have some prooving to do...not saying their not good, just saying they haven't prooved a lot yet.
baseball1981

Postby baseball11 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:09 pm

Well Drew Wold was something like 8-0 last year during high school and started games in regionals and state.  I'd say he's established himself quite well.

The other guys have pitched alot of relief with some spot starts, but not many people in the state are taking starts away from Schaefer and Flink.
baseball11

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm

baseball11 wrote:Well Drew Wold was something like 8-0 last year during high school and started games in regionals and state.  I'd say he's established himself quite well.

The other guys have pitched alot of relief with some spot starts, but not many people in the state are taking starts away from Schaefer and Flink.
Yeah, my fault on Wold, but Chaput hasn't prooved himself yet and the other young ones. Like I said, they might be good, but they just haven't prooved themselves yet...
baseball1981

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:44 pm

Sorry to get off the Langdon topic, but can anyone give me some info on Minot Ryans pitching? I watched them a couple times last year, and they were quite impressive. I also was a pretty big fan of their coach. But since this is "best rotation" topic, what does their rotation look like? Does Backes pitch left-handed or does he just shoot left handed in basketball? And who do they got along with him? Thats the only name I can remember right now.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball11 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:54 pm

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:Sorry to get off the Langdon topic, but can anyone give me some info on Minot Ryans pitching? I watched them a couple times last year, and they were quite impressive. I also was a pretty big fan of their coach. But since this is "best rotation" topic, what does their rotation look like? Does Backes pitch left-handed or does he just shoot left handed in basketball? And who do they got along with him? Thats the only name I can remember right now.

All I can remember from Minot Ryan's pitching last year was Huettl, and he graduated.
baseball11

Postby tadam6 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:59 pm

yeah backes pitches...he throws pretty hard for a left hander...and this year cole krueger will get a lot of time on the mound..he threw a lot for the metro's last summer
tadam6

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:02 pm

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:Sorry to get off the Langdon topic, but can anyone give me some info on Minot Ryans pitching? I watched them a couple times last year, and they were quite impressive. I also was a pretty big fan of their coach. But since this is "best rotation" topic, what does their rotation look like? Does Backes pitch left-handed or does he just shoot left handed in basketball? And who do they got along with him? Thats the only name I can remember right now.

Backes- mid 70s-80 mph, good curve

Krueger- 80s

Callias- mid 70s

They have a good staff coming back.
baseball1981

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:04 am

i pitched head to head against tanner adam and i didnt think he was a great pitcher.  we hit him pretty well but he is one of the best hitters in the state i would have to think.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:45 am

sodadrinker wrote:i pitched head to head against tanner adam and i didnt think he was a great pitcher.  we hit him pretty well but he is one of the best hitters in the state i would have to think.
Decent pitcher, above average hitter...He's a solid ballplayer.
baseball1981

Previous

Return to Class B