Top Sophmores?

Re: Top Sophmores?

Postby Indy5 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:52 pm

meatball77 wrote:Bresnahan doesnt throw harder than Anderson or Mitliter and if Dunn was thrwing low 80s and bresnahan hit 81..no way he is close to the speed that gage dunn threw. Because it seemed like when everyone faced gage dunn they couldnt touch him. Bresnahan out of all the guys u guys have mentioned he is maybe the 4th hardest thrower.

This is totally based off your one opinion and no facts. You are talkling about what it seemed like and not what it was. Also, Dunn probably mixed off speed better to make his fastball tougher to hit. He may have gotten farther down the mound too, making him seem faster.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:35 pm

meatball77 wrote:Bresnahan doesnt throw harder than Anderson or Mitliter and if Dunn was thrwing low 80s and bresnahan hit 81..no way he is close to the speed that gage dunn threw. Because it seemed like when everyone faced gage dunn they couldnt touch him. Bresnahan out of all the guys u guys have mentioned he is maybe the 4th hardest thrower.

You obviously didn't read my whole post thoroughly. I said Dunn was consistently in the low to MID 80s and that Ellery touched 81 a handful of times and was consistently high 70s close to 80. You do realize how much difference there is in the speed of an 80 mph fastball and an 85 mph fastball right. Ellery throws hard but not as hard as Gaige and I never said he did.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:23 am

But you still think bresnahan throws harder than mitliter and anderson
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Wed May 18, 2011 12:37 pm

meatball77 wrote:But you still think bresnahan throws harder than mitliter and anderson

Yeah. Because he does. When healthy he throws harder. My eyes and a radar gun both prove it. Your not going to win the argument here. There are too many people on here who have seen all 3 guys throw when healthy who all agree.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Wed May 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Indy5 wrote:

This is totally based off your one opinion and no facts. You are talkling about what it seemed like and not what it was. Also, Dunn probably mixed off speed better to make his fastball tougher to hit. He may have gotten farther down the mound too, making him seem faster.

I wouldn't say Dunn mixed his off speed better because his breaking ball was an ok pitch that he struggled to control. It was loose with not much late bite. Not a bad pitch by any means but not the best HS breaking ball I have ever seen. His biggest asset was tailing movement on his fast ball away from righties. He could bust you in and run it back onto the inside corner of the plate or run it on to off on the outside. If you dont see lefties very often, and at 85 which comes in considerably harder then 80, your not going to be ready for it.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:04 pm

InTheKnow wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I wouldn't say Dunn mixed his off speed better because his breaking ball was an ok pitch that he struggled to control. It was loose with not much late bite. Not a bad pitch by any means but not the best HS breaking ball I have ever seen. His biggest asset was tailing movement on his fast ball away from righties. He could bust you in and run it back onto the inside corner of the plate or run it on to off on the outside. If you dont see lefties very often, and at 85 which comes in considerably harder then 80, your not going to be ready for it.

Never seen Dunn pitch and I didn't even know he was left handed. I was just stating possible things that could make him seem faster. My post was to tell meatball that he was wrong because he's going off of what it seems like to him versus what other have gotten from radar guns.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:22 pm

meatball77 wrote:But you still think bresnahan throws harder than mitliter and anderson

Never seen the other two throw. I just know that Ellery can bring it when healthy.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Class B