Top catchers and outfielders

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:32 pm

fruit snack wrote:
cash wrote:
fruit snack wrote:rogelstad impressed me last year when i watched him play at harvey
at catcher? he has such a tough job back there, and he does a great job, him and krahler and lorenz really can call a great game, and last year was rogelstads first year catching for lorenz so im excited to see how it goes after a year of gettin to know each other

i bet rogelstad dont even like catching.....who would wanna catch for lorenz, break ur hand

pretty sure he hates it
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:35 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
cash wrote:
fruit snack wrote:rogelstad impressed me last year when i watched him play at harvey
at catcher? he has such a tough job back there, and he does a great job, him and krahler and lorenz really can call a great game, and last year was rogelstads first year catching for lorenz so im excited to see how it goes after a year of gettin to know each other

i bet rogelstad dont even like catching.....who would wanna catch for lorenz, break ur hand

pretty sure he hates it
Why would he, he's good at it the way it sounds.
baseball1981

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:39 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
cash wrote:

pretty sure he hates it

anyone can catch the ball if the pitcher puts the ball in the right spot but if its not in the right spot and hits the dirt coming in a 90 miles an hour it does a number on forearms.  usually lorenz throws the ball accurate tho when he brings the heat.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:55 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
cash wrote:

pretty sure he hates it

anyone can catch the ball if the pitcher puts the ball in the right spot but if its not in the right spot and hits the dirt coming in a 90 miles an hour it does a number on forearms.  usually lorenz throws the ball accurate tho when he brings the heat.

Roglestad is a decent catcher.  I remember a lot last year when he would be running go the backstop during the regional tournament though. 

He has potential to be pretty good though, it should get better as the year goes on.  Personally I think Buxa was a better catcher than Roglestad last year in legion. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:56 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
cash wrote:

pretty sure he hates it

Roglestad is a decent catcher.  I remember a lot last year when he would be running go the backstop during the regional tournament though. 

He has potential to be pretty good though, it should get better as the year goes on.  Personally I think Buxa was a better catcher than Roglestad last year in legion. 

rogelstad didnt play legion but buxa was a better catcher but he didnt catch during high school cuz he was the best outfielder in the region and they thought he would help them out more in center field.  rogelstad does have way to many passed balls tho.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:56 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
cash wrote:

pretty sure he hates it

I think Rogelstad had a lot to handle though. It was his first year catching for Buxa and Lorenz.
baseball1981

Postby fruit snack » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:57 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
cash wrote:

pretty sure he hates it

I think Rogelstad had a lot to handle though. It was his first year catching for Buxa and Lorenz.

now he will have a year under his belt with lorenz and hes been playing his whole life with krahler and weigelt.... look for harvey to be deadly this yr
fruit snack

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:59 pm

I agree, if they can get their hitting down, they will be good, cause I don't think too many teams will score on their pitching...
baseball1981

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:23 am

Jake Olsen from Central Valley is a pretty good catcher. Not saying he's the best, but he's pretty good.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby WHITE » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:15 pm

olsen is a pretty good catcher from what ive seen from this summer
"W-H-I-T...E"
"Cram it up your cramhole LaFleur.."
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood"
WHITE
NDPreps Reserve

Postby observer » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:48 pm

Are there any good catchers in southeast ND?
Last edited by observer on Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
observer

Postby gophers18 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:58 pm

Beto from Galchutt  should be good not great but probably one of the top down in SE ND
gophers18

Postby Akadema » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:17 am

Zach Michaelson for Enderlin will be a pretty solid catcher. He has been playing varsity since he was an 8th grader, and he started for the legion team last summer. He's a big kid who's pretty athletic.
Akadema
NDPreps Reserve

Postby allsport » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:00 am

sodadrinker wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
cash wrote:

pretty sure he hates it

Now Lorenz can throw 90 miles an hour? I can't wait to see this kid throw!
Last edited by allsport on Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby always a sports season » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:40 am

Just catch a ball - maybe.  But a catcher usually needs to be one of the smartest players on the team to make the plays.  Not just anybody can play catcher.  If you don't have a good catcher - you don't have a good baseball team.
always a sports season

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:52 am

Lorenz can maybe hit 90 on a good day, I'm sure he'll be upper 80s...90 might be pushing it for him
baseball1981

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:36 pm

baseball1981 wrote:Lorenz can maybe hit 90 on a good day, I'm sure he'll be upper 80s...90 might be pushing it for him

i guarantee he can throw 90 on a good day for sure.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:41 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:Lorenz can maybe hit 90 on a good day, I'm sure he'll be upper 80s...90 might be pushing it for him

if that's so i don't think anyone will be able to touch him all year, ill be excited to see him throw this spring/summer, should be fun to watch a pitcher throw 90 haha
baseball1981

Postby uconn_8 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:01 pm

The harder it comes, the further it goes.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:04 pm

uconn_8 wrote:The harder it comes, the further it goes.
I really dont think thats the case with high school swings and wood bats, maybe aluminum, but not wood, sorry:D
baseball1981

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:17 pm

Jon thorson and Marty Severson are both pretty good catchers for fshp
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby uconn_8 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:22 pm

It will be the same w/ wood. yeah, not as far, but its physics. You're gonna hit a ball further w/ a pitcher as opposed to thrwing it up yourself.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:26 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

if that's so i don't think anyone will be able to touch him all year, ill be excited to see him throw this spring/summer, should be fun to watch a pitcher throw 90 haha

90 miles an hour is fast but its just a matter of timing and good hitters will be able to make contact.  a few at bats against him and the timing will come and people will have a better chance but thats where his other pitches will help him out.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:31 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

90 miles an hour is fast but its just a matter of timing and good hitters will be able to make contact.  a few at bats against him and the timing will come and people will have a better chance but thats where his other pitches will help him out.
i hear he has a good changeup....
baseball1981

Postby baseball11 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:33 pm

sodadrinker wrote:

Has he ever hit it on a gun?
baseball11

PreviousNext

Return to Class B