Top catchers and outfielders

Postby Big Hitter » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:07 pm

Thats a good point i have only seen him play a couple time he probly had a bad game i am sure he is a good hitter.

baseball[/user] wrote: [/b]
[quote][b][user=1527]Big Hitter wrote:
Yeahmaybe he will be i don't know. I don't know if he is a good enough hitter to be player of the year but he is a great fielder. Maybe you could give me some stats?

[user=647]Boyyo27[/user] wrote:
tanner adams is going to be the player of the year

do they even give out a player of the year.  but if they do tanner would be towards the top, theres alot of great players out there to just say hes going to win it.  but to doubt his hitting is crazy, hes an excellent batter who rarely strikeouts out, hits for average and power.[/quote]
Big Hitter

Postby ssslamer » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:26 am

who is thompson coming up with for a catcher after losing wurtz and kvidt i dont remember the class below them having a catcher
ssslamer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby fruit snack » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:57 am

rogelstad impressed me last year when i watched him play at harvey
fruit snack

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:11 am

ssslamer wrote:who is thompson coming up with for a catcher after losing wurtz and kvidt i dont remember the class below them having a catcher

Marcus Bergstrom thinks he is going to compete for catcher. They should be able to come up with someone better than him however.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby cash » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:23 pm

fruit snack wrote:rogelstad impressed me last year when i watched him play at harvey
at catcher? he has such a tough job back there, and he does a great job, him and krahler and lorenz really can call a great game, and last year was rogelstads first year catching for lorenz so im excited to see how it goes after a year of gettin to know each other
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ssslamer » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:42 am

whats wrong with bergstrom  is he a paraplegic or something?

who else are their other catchers?
ssslamer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:07 am

ssslamer wrote:whats wrong with bergstrom  is he a paraplegic or something?

who else are their other catchers?

nothings wrong with him. Just saying he's not their best pick for catcher. I know you want the Kjemhus's in the outfield, but I think Tyler Kjemhus would be their best catcher this year. Or maybe Randy Syrstaad?

thunderbaseball_38

Postby ssslamer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:01 am

doesnt syrstad play 3rd and if he did play catcher who would be their 3rd baseman?
ssslamer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:44 am

ssslamer wrote:doesnt syrstad play 3rd and if he did play catcher who would be their 3rd baseman?

yes he does play 3rd, but he is a good athlete. He is very versatile. He would make a good catcher. I don't know how much he has played there if he even has but I think he could. and I don't know who would play 3rd base if he didn't.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby dontchoke » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:48 pm

anthony fontanna transfer to central cass from colorado is a very skilled catcher look for big things out of him
dontchoke
NDPreps Rookie

Postby JoJoNino » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:14 pm

I think Blake Segerholm could be one of the best catchers in the state if he could work on getting a quicker throw down to second base. he has the bat, and smothers pretty much anything in the dirt. i think Spencer Huus(sophmore) can learn a lot by watching him, and will probably develop into a better catcher than Blake is.
JoJoNino
NDPreps Reserve

Postby catchit9 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:52 am

have any of these catchers ever caught anything in the 90's?... then they will be good catchers if they can handle it
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:55 am

catchit9 wrote:have any of these catchers ever caught anything in the 90's?... then they will be good catchers if they can handle it
Ben Rogelstad from Harvey has, I bet the catcher from Grafton has. Theres probably a lot of catchers that have caught for guys throwing low to mid 80s so thats about the same.
baseball1981

Postby catchit9 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:21 am

no they arent... there is a HUGE difference between 80's and 90's... probably the biggest jump between any range... 90's is all reaction... there is no time to think... thats why i like it... there arent too many guys in north dakota throwing 90's anyways so i guess it doesnt matter
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:26 am

Who throws 90 in north dakota on a consistent basis?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:29 am

ndfan wrote:Who throws 90 in north dakota on a consistent basis?
Nobady on a consistant basis, but I know of some that can hit 90 every once in a while.
baseball1981

Postby catchit9 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:31 am

but do they have a hook or a changeup to go with it?... and do they have control?
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:33 am

catchit9 wrote:but do they have a hook or a changeup to go with it?... and do they have control?
Yeah, Klinske and I can't remember the other ones name, but they both have good offspeed, they both have decent control.
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:33 am

catchit9 wrote:but do they have a hook or a changeup to go with it?... and do they have control?
Yeah, Klinske and I can't remember the other ones name, but they both have good offspeed, they both have decent control.
baseball1981

Postby catchit9 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:39 am

then they will be tough... but who do they have around them?
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:40 am

catchit9 wrote:then they will be tough... but who do they have around them?
I'm not really sure.
baseball1981

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:50 pm

buxa and krahler can throw around 80 and lorenz can throw upper 80's.... i dont know if he can hit 90 consistantly in a game but im sure if he was just gonna throw one as hard as he can he can go over 90 and it is an amazing difference between 82 and 88 mph when ur catching
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:56 pm

sodadrinker wrote:buxa and krahler can throw around 80 and lorenz can throw upper 80's.... i dont know if he can hit 90 consistantly in a game but im sure if he was just gonna throw one as hard as he can he can go over 90 and it is an amazing difference between 82 and 88 mph when ur catching
I hope that kid can get control of his fastball, if he can, he will be a great pitcher. Not that his control is bad now, I'm talking hitting spots on the inside outside corners.
baseball1981

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:37 am

catchit9 wrote:have any of these catchers ever caught anything in the 90's?... then they will be good catchers if they can handle it

What else does a catcher do other than catch? They have to throw. A pitcher throwing that hard gives a catcher more time to throw down to the bases. Good catchers will keep runners honest. Good catchers not only have to catch the ball, they have to block it in the dirt, call a good game, know all situations, and throw down to the bases. If they are a good catcher, i'm sure they can adapt to that pitching. It might take a few practices, but it will come. Besides, if someone throws that hard, they should work year in and year out on their accuracy so they will be concidered good enough for the majors. Accuracy makes it a little easier for a catcher to catch balls with that velocity.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby fruit snack » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:16 pm

cash wrote:
fruit snack wrote:rogelstad impressed me last year when i watched him play at harvey
at catcher? he has such a tough job back there, and he does a great job, him and krahler and lorenz really can call a great game, and last year was rogelstads first year catching for lorenz so im excited to see how it goes after a year of gettin to know each other

i bet rogelstad dont even like catching.....who would wanna catch for lorenz, break ur hand
fruit snack

PreviousNext

Return to Class B