Top catchers and outfielders

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:35 pm

baseball11 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:Lorenz can maybe hit 90 on a good day, I'm sure he'll be upper 80s...90 might be pushing it for him

i guarantee he can throw 90 on a good day for sure.

Has he ever hit it on a gun?
He threw 87 at a mandan camp and 91 at a wayne state camp...i guess...dont quote me on those numbers...i could be wrong, thats just what i heard on the street
baseball1981

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:36 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:Lorenz can maybe hit 90 on a good day, I'm sure he'll be upper 80s...90 might be pushing it for him

if that's so i don't think anyone will be able to touch him all year, ill be excited to see him throw this spring/summer, should be fun to watch a pitcher throw 90 haha

90 miles an hour is fast but its just a matter of timing and good hitters will be able to make contact.  a few at bats against him and the timing will come and people will have a better chance but thats where his other pitches will help him out.
i hear he has a good changeup....

better than most i would say, but if u throw that hard everyone is gonna get alittle excited and swing early, so if u take any speed off when u can throw that hard its gotta be somewhat effective
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:37 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
baseball11 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

Has he ever hit it on a gun?
He threw 87 at a mandan camp and 91 at a wayne state camp...i guess...dont quote me on those numbers...i could be wrong, thats just what i heard on the street

i heard from him and some other players there when he was clocked at over 90
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:44 pm

he'll probably get injured this year...
baseball1981

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:44 pm

baseball1981 wrote:he'll probably get injured this year...

well thats not a very nice thing to say
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:45 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:he'll probably get injured this year...

well thats not a very nice thing to say
hahaha, im jus sayin, hard throwers get injured sometimes
baseball1981

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:26 pm

lol haha yah very true its like on Friday Night Lights, look what happens to Boobie Miles, so hey never know
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby coachk » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:41 am

I thought this was about catchers and outfielders.  Sorry.
coachk

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:50 am

coachk wrote:I thought this was about catchers and outfielders.  Sorry.
it went from a catcher having to catch someone who throws 90 to this....hahaha
baseball1981

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:52 pm

Sorry to change topics, but Jason Novacek, great in center field. He is fast, makes all the plays plus most great plays, and has a great, accurate arm.. He also has the bat to go with it..
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby fruit snack » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:08 am

allsport wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
cash wrote:
fruit snack wrote:rogelstad impressed me last year when i watched him play at harvey
at catcher? he has such a tough job back there, and he does a great job, him and krahler and lorenz really can call a great game, and last year was rogelstads first year catching for lorenz so im excited to see how it goes after a year of gettin to know each other

i bet rogelstad dont even like catching.....who would wanna catch for lorenz, break ur hand

pretty sure he hates it
Why would he, he's good at it the way it sounds.

anyone can catch the ball if the pitcher puts the ball in the right spot but if its not in the right spot and hits the dirt coming in a 90 miles an hour it does a number on forearms.  usually lorenz throws the ball accurate tho when he brings the heat.

Now Lorenz can throw 90 miles an hour? I can't wait to see this kid throw!

hes a horse on the mound
fruit snack

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:56 pm

fruit snack wrote:
allsport wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
cash wrote:
fruit snack wrote:rogelstad impressed me last year when i watched him play at harvey
at catcher? he has such a tough job back there, and he does a great job, him and krahler and lorenz really can call a great game, and last year was rogelstads first year catching for lorenz so im excited to see how it goes after a year of gettin to know each other

i bet rogelstad dont even like catching.....who would wanna catch for lorenz, break ur hand

pretty sure he hates it
Why would he, he's good at it the way it sounds.

anyone can catch the ball if the pitcher puts the ball in the right spot but if its not in the right spot and hits the dirt coming in a 90 miles an hour it does a number on forearms.  usually lorenz throws the ball accurate tho when he brings the heat.

Now Lorenz can throw 90 miles an hour? I can't wait to see this kid throw!

hes a horse on the mound
hes good when hes on
baseball1981

Postby twinsfan88 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:30 pm

I watched Midkota's catcher( Quick) last year at Regionals. He was a big part of the reason they went to state. He also was impressive at state. Lakota impressed me also. I heard Midkota has another quick as catcher now and also Travis Duffy. You need to have a smart catcher if you're going to get anywhere in baseball.
twinsfan88

Postby fruit snack » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:34 pm

twinsfan88 wrote:I watched Midkota's catcher( Quick) last year at Regionals. He was a big part of the reason they went to state. He also was impressive at state. Lakota impressed me also. I heard Midkota has another quick as catcher now and also Travis Duffy. You need to have a smart catcher if you're going to get anywhere in baseball.

im looking forward to the midkota n harvey game
fruit snack

Postby tadam6 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:39 am

fruit snack wrote:
twinsfan88 wrote:I watched Midkota's catcher( Quick) last year at Regionals. He was a big part of the reason they went to state. He also was impressive at state. Lakota impressed me also. I heard Midkota has another quick as catcher now and also Travis Duffy. You need to have a smart catcher if you're going to get anywhere in baseball.

im looking forward to the midkota n harvey game

why....
tadam6

Postby cookiemonster17 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:46 pm

well the funny thing with that is that tanner lorenz did hurt himself he pulled a ligment in his arm and is not able to be back to throwin right handed for a couple of weeks. also.. with amazing catchers i heard on the street that there is a kid from harvey that is able to catch a baseball comin 110 mph with a radar gun present plus a coach:dude:..
cookiemonster17
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:48 pm

cookiemonster17 wrote:well the funny thing with that is that tanner lorenz did hurt himself he pulled a ligment in his arm and is not able to be back to throwin right handed for a couple of weeks. also.. with amazing catchers i heard on the street that there is a kid from harvey that is able to catch a baseball comin 110 mph with a radar gun present plus a coach:dude:..
nice try, i dont think anyone can throw a baseball 110 mph
baseball1981

Postby cookiemonster17 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:36 pm

i thought that common sense would establish that it was most likely a "pitchin machine" throwing the ball
cookiemonster17
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:44 pm

cookiemonster17 wrote:i thought that common sense would establish that it was most likely a "pitchin machine" throwing the ball
i would like to see a catcher try to catch a 110 mph fastball and accually catch it
baseball1981

Postby cookiemonster17 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:54 pm

he caught it through a pitchin machine more than once u come and try to do it and see how that works out for u
cookiemonster17
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:21 pm

cookiemonster17 wrote:well the funny thing with that is that tanner lorenz did hurt himself he pulled a ligment in his arm and is not able to be back to throwin right handed for a couple of weeks. also.. with amazing catchers i heard on the street that there is a kid from harvey that is able to catch a baseball comin 110 mph with a radar gun present plus a coach:dude:..

and he was more than likely stand 150 feet away from it
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:45 pm

sodadrinker wrote:

and he was more than likely stand 150 feet away from it
haha odds are good
baseball1981

Postby tadam6 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:30 pm

ahh doesn't sound too difficult
tadam6

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:50 pm

yah you know its coming straight at you, cant be to hard
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby cookiemonster17 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:35 pm

he was more than likely standin about the length of the batting cage which is like.. 50 ft long and caught it more than once i feel that that would be a very difficult challenege and also with a pitchin machine u really have somehwaht of an isea where it is goin but not really.
cookiemonster17
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Class B