Top catchers and outfielders

Postby tanner lorenz » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:30 pm

another thread like fielding and pitching, an outfielder that is unknown is scott tweed from harvey, he makes a lot of diving catches that are really tough, that he makes easy, a good catcher, there is one from dakota prairie that was a 7th or 8th grader that did very well for them
tanner lorenz

Postby ticket0115 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:40 pm

Mitch Lang is a solid catcher for Turtle Lake Mercer. Josh Thomas and Ethan Fylling are both solid infielders.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:57 pm

so who do they play with in high school baseball, i can't remember hearing TLM in any high school baseball stuff
tanner lorenz

Postby baseball » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:38 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:another thread like fielding and pitching, an outfielder that is unknown is scott tweed from harvey, he makes a lot of diving catches that are really tough, that he makes easy, a good catcher, there is one from dakota prairie that was a 7th or 8th grader that did very well for them

DP's catcher was Herman (Alex i belive), 7th or 8th grader yea not sure...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tanner lorenz » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:41 pm

thats right, yeah, he was solid, didn't have the great arm, but he was only a junior high kid, and he was a 7th grader, so, with 5 years left, he could become a good good player
tanner lorenz

Postby bison_18 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:25 pm

Turtle Lake plays MLS-G, Velva, Surrey and Max-Garrison.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:51 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:thats right, yeah, he was solid, didn't have the great arm, but he was only a junior high kid, and he was a 7th grader, so, with 5 years left, he could become a good good player

His dad was a great player.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby power-aid14 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:18 pm

brooks backes of minot ryan might just be the best in the state--of
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bison_18 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:08 pm

He was a good OF, not the best, but after not playin legion some guys probly stepped over him. Legion is when you can really build your arm strength(alot more games)
Last edited by bison_18 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby nike07 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:03 am

a top catcher for this year, might be ben rogelstad for harvey, a lot of people might say not because he dropped a lot of balls this last year, but he was catching for some really good pitchers, this year, he dosent really have anybody so he should do a lot better, i wouldnt say hes the best, but hes pretty good
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison_18 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:10 pm

If you're catching for good pitchers, should that make it easier??? That's just my take. Yeah they probly have better breakers, but they're easier to catch cause they're usually around the zone ALOT more.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:44 pm

i disagree....if you have a good pitcher who can also spot the breaking ball and the catcher calls for it in the dirt...he better be able to block it...you can't expect the pitcher to do all the work...its just helping out your pitcher
tadam6

Postby bison_18 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:45 pm

But atleast YOU know where its goin. With bad pitchers, sometimes u have NO idea where the breaker is gonna end up or havin balls cosistently in the dirt. Breakers aren't that tough to block if they're right infront of you. But if u have a pitcher who can't control it, it gets tougher. I mean honestly, who would you rather have on the mound, someone with good stuff who can control it, or someone like Rick Ankiel who can't find anything but the backstop.
Last edited by bison_18 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:24 pm

then it pays off to have a good catcher right...to make those stops...
tadam6

Postby bison_18 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:39 am

Yeah, that defenitely helps...
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonman » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:14 am

As being a catcher, it's alot nicer to catch for good pitchers. You know what the pitches do and you know when they are going to break. When you have a pitcher, catching not cool. You do'nt know what he's throwing, where it's going, or what it's going to do. Yes there are signs but the pitches don't always work leaving you guessing extra.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby meatball » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:11 pm

baseball wrote:
tanner lorenz wrote:another thread like fielding and pitching, an outfielder that is unknown is scott tweed from harvey, he makes a lot of diving catches that are really tough, that he makes easy, a good catcher, there is one from dakota prairie that was a 7th or 8th grader that did very well for them

ya that catcher from dp was very good for how young he is, i can't what to see him this year, cuz he proved himself that he could play at the varsity level has a 7th grade
meatball

Postby cash » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:17 pm

There really isin't many really outstanding catchers around the state. Midkota lost theirs, Thompson lost theirs, Lakota has a pretty good catcher, made the all-region team this year. Dakota Prairie's catcher was average. You could steal pretty easily off him if your not dead slow, but, he was only a 7th grader, which means he has drastic room for improvement. Outfielding however, the Kjehmus twins from Thompson, Callias and Backes from Bishop Ryan, a Lang kid from Steele is good, Seth Nichols from Dakota Prairie has a good arm and pretty solid with his glove. What are some other ones?
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby power-aid14 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:43 am

cash wrote:There really isin't many really outstanding catchers around the state. Midkota lost theirs, Thompson lost theirs, Lakota has a pretty good catcher, made the all-region team this year. Dakota Prairie's catcher was average. You could steal pretty easily off him if your not dead slow, but, he was only a 7th grader, which means he has drastic room for improvement. Outfielding however, the Kjehmus twins from Thompson, Callias and Backes from Bishop Ryan, a Lang kid from Steele is good, Seth Nichols from Dakota Prairie has a good arm and pretty solid with his glove. What are some other ones?

Kallis from minot ryan plays shortstop
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cash » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:49 am

power-aid14 wrote:
cash wrote:There really isin't many really outstanding catchers around the state. Midkota lost theirs, Thompson lost theirs, Lakota has a pretty good catcher, made the all-region team this year. Dakota Prairie's catcher was average. You could steal pretty easily off him if your not dead slow, but, he was only a 7th grader, which means he has drastic room for improvement. Outfielding however, the Kjehmus twins from Thompson, Callias and Backes from Bishop Ryan, a Lang kid from Steele is good, Seth Nichols from Dakota Prairie has a good arm and pretty solid with his glove. What are some other ones?

Kallis from minot ryan plays shortstop
I never knew that. I thought his main position was outfield, sorry. Just thinking of his athletic ability means he could play a good shortstop, and I can see why he would want to.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Big Hitter » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:03 pm

Chris Hoerth is a two time all region player and has the best arm in the region plus he was one of the best hitters in the region also. By the way he was only a soph. last year.
Big Hitter

Postby Boyyo27 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:39 pm

tanner adams is going to be the player of the year
Boyyo27
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Hitter » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:07 am

Yeahmaybe he will be i don't know. I don't know if he is a good enough hitter to be player of the year but he is a great fielder. Maybe you could give me some stats?

[user=647]Boyyo27[/user] wrote:
Big Hitter

Postby Big Hitter » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:11 am

Yeah the kid was all right but he is one of the smallest catchers I've ever seen one of our kids ran into him at a half jog and because the kid is tiny our kid got thrown out of the game and that was a regionals.

[user=508]baseball[/user] wrote:

Big Hitter

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:26 am

Big Hitter wrote:Yeahmaybe he will be i don't know. I don't know if he is a good enough hitter to be player of the year but he is a great fielder. Maybe you could give me some stats?

[user=647]Boyyo27[/user] wrote:

do they even give out a player of the year.  but if they do tanner would be towards the top, theres alot of great players out there to just say hes going to win it.  but to doubt his hitting is crazy, hes an excellent batter who rarely strikeouts out, hits for average and power.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Class B