Top catchers and outfielders

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:39 pm

cookiemonster17 wrote:he was more than likely standin about the length of the batting cage which is like.. 50 ft long and caught it more than once i feel that that would be a very difficult challenege and also with a pitchin machine u really have somehwaht of an isea where it is goin but not really.
then he shouldnt have any troubles catching for lorenz or krahler...im excited to see how he does next game...ur talking about weigelt right
baseball1981

Postby coachk » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:35 am

just word of caution on those of you who are using pitching machines on your catchers with a speed of 110 mph it isn't a very smart idea. you can never predict that the ball will come out of the machine the same way every time. All it takes is a wheel to catch the ball in a soft spot and it will be very dangerous. Coaches aren't very smart if they allow this to happen. There was a player in Florida a few years ago who got hit in the esophagus and died from it. a good way to get sued also. Use the speed you would use for a normal high school pitcher and at the right distance.
coachk

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:28 am

im sure he had gear on and it wasnt a safety issue, but it isint very smart
baseball1981

Postby WillyMaysHaze » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:34 pm

Ryan Koch from Beulah is probably one of the best catchers in the state he has a cannon
WillyMaysHaze

Postby baseball » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:01 pm

coachk wrote:just word of caution on those of you who are using pitching machines on your catchers with a speed of 110 mph
it isn't a very smart idea. you can never predict that the ball will come out of the machine the same way every time. All it takes is a wheel to catch the ball in a soft spot and it will be very dangerous. Coaches aren't very smart if they allow this to happen. There was a player in Florida a few years ago who got hit in the esophagus and died from it. a good way to get sued also. Use the speed you would use for a normal high school pitcher and at the right distance.

you cant change everything cuz of one freak accident..granted the use of a pitching machine is not smart.  but what about the Rockies farm club coach who was killed by a foul ball.  are we gonna make all coaches wear helmets?  if that happens every player int eh field is going to be wearing catchers gear so they dont get hurt with bad hops.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby the mask » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:06 pm

i will have to bring up ryne midstokke for fshp hes going to be a freshman and he will be starting catcher for varsity solid young guy who will be one to watch at he progresses
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby gophers18 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:10 am

Big difference in 90 feet at 80mph  compared to 50 ft at 110 mph.  Try it once   you get twice the reaction time.   90 feet away is hard enough to react to
Last edited by gophers18 on Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
gophers18

Postby UND KID » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:26 pm

the mask wrote:i will have to bring up ryne midstokke for fshp hes going to be a freshman and he will be starting catcher for varsity solid young guy who will be one to watch at he progresses

I just watched him the last 2 days at state babe ruth and he is one that is going to have a outstanding career in HS baseball and legion, behind the plate he is very sound, and I think after teams try to run on him 1 time they might start to think alittle different, very good arm  with a quick release, at the plate he needs some more work, he has a very good eye for balls and strikes, but still needs to take better cuts at the ball.

UND KID
UND KID

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:59 pm

i agree with you on his cut....something just isnt sound there...but if he gets that down......he will be a great player
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Class B