wood bats in 2007

Postby baseball11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:19 pm

power-aid14 wrote:yeah get a composite we have already had 4 broken bats and we arent even a week into this thing

Try hitting it on the barrel.;)
baseball11

Postby knights4 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:32 pm

baseball11 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:yeah get a composite we have already had 4 broken bats and we arent even a week into this thing

Try hitting it on the barrel.;)

ya that usually works for me too, it's crazy i know
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:21 am

Yes, that is good advice. We only have 3 wood bats as a team right now and none have broke. Hitting the sweet spot really works wonders huh?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby uconn_8 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:14 am

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:Yes, that is good advice. We only have 3 wood bats as a team right now and none have broke. Hitting the sweet spot really works wonders huh?

So does buying good bats...
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:19 am

uconn_8 wrote:
experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:Yes, that is good advice. We only have 3 wood bats as a team right now and none have broke. Hitting the sweet spot really works wonders huh?

speaking of good bats, can we get some more input on here on what everyone thinks are the good bats? Preferrably not composites because they are going to last longer than regular wood bats. So what does everyone think. I am a Mizuno fan. Both the Maple and Bamboo are good. Anyone else?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:28 pm

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
uconn_8 wrote:

speaking of good bats, can we get some more input on here on what everyone thinks are the good bats? Preferrably not composites because they are going to last longer than regular wood bats. So what does everyone think. I am a Mizuno fan. Both the Maple and Bamboo are good. Anyone else?

as a team, we ordered Max bats and they are nice. Maple. as for quality, it is up in the air for now.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:30 pm

alright, so we got 2 different kinds. Any other kinds?
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:32 pm

The Demarini's are good, Bamboo bats are good, I even liked hitting with plain 19 dollar bats haha.
baseball1981

Postby Zagfanjerry » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:03 pm

im a pretty big fan of the mizuno bamboo simply cuz its durable and feels like money
Zagfanjerry

Postby uconn_8 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:49 pm

baseball1981 wrote:The Demarini's are good, Bamboo bats are good, I even liked hitting with plain 19 dollar bats haha.

A $19 dollar bat won't last you 10 ab's...That's if you're hitting the ball.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:59 pm

uconn_8 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:The Demarini's are good, Bamboo bats are good, I even liked hitting with plain 19 dollar bats haha.

ok... 19.99 louisville slugger from target, pretty sure i've gotten more then 10 ab's out of one of those.. and yes, i hit the ball quite frequently... wouldn't be my first choice of bat, but they do last longer than that.. Just FYI
NDPreps Starter

Postby uconn_8 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:20 pm

It might. But you get what you pay for. To me, the better the bat it seems the better the feel you get from it thus better performance. Thats just me.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:38 am

uconn_8 wrote:

ok... 19.99 louisville slugger from target, pretty sure i've gotten more then 10 ab's out of one of those.. and yes, i hit the ball quite frequently... wouldn't be my first choice of bat, but they do last longer than that.. Just FYI

no, haha the cheap ones are not worth it. A guy on our team bought one and used it only as a cage bat and it shattered in the first round of live. IMO just spend the extra money and get a wayyyy better bat.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Strike3? » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:22 pm

web17 wrote:
uconn_8 wrote:

no, haha the cheap ones are not worth it. A guy on our team bought one and used it only as a cage bat and it shattered in the first round of live. IMO just spend the extra money and get a wayyyy better bat.

If you guys want a good bat id buy a Baum bat...they run around 170 i think but they are worth every bit of it...i think if you buy 6 you get a discount and it turns out to be about 125 bucks a piece
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:20 am

web17 wrote:
uconn_8 wrote:

some people dont have alot of money and cant afford to "spend the extra money" for a better bat......then wut should they do?
fruit snack

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:34 am

fruit snack wrote:
web17 wrote:
uconn_8 wrote:

some people dont have alot of money and cant afford to "spend the extra money" for a better bat......then wut should they do?

Get what they can. And I went a whole year of batting with a cheap bat and it didn't shatter till batting practice before our first game in  the region tournament. If you hit the ball for the most part in the right spot, it should last a while.
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4life » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:17 am

fruit snack wrote:
web17 wrote:
uconn_8 wrote:

Get what they can. And I went a whole year of batting with a cheap bat and it didn't shatter till batting practice before our first game in  the region tournament. If you hit the ball for the most part in the right spot, it should last a while.
I have used a 19.99 louisville bat for practice since the beginning of the season and it hasnt broke yet
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby web17 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:47 pm

baseball4life wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
web17 wrote:
uconn_8 wrote:

I have used a 19.99 louisville bat for practice since the beginning of the season and it hasnt broke yet
ya, considering it has only been 7 practices...haha i guess if you hit it perfect you can use whatever you want. but if you mess up, its gone.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:12 pm

I like wood bats...... haha
NDPreps Starter

Postby fruit snack » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:11 am

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:I like wood bats...... haha

wood bats are ok....some kids have a tendency to struggle when they switch to wood......thats the same for male and females
fruit snack

Postby web17 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:42 pm

now that it has been a little over two weeks, how are the bats holding up in the cage?
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:30 pm

web17 wrote:now that it has been a little over two weeks, how are the bats holding up in the cage?
we haven't broke a bat yet....and we take hitting almost every day
baseball1981

Postby JoJoNino » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:59 pm

we as a team, have broken about $900 worth of baseball bats already this spring, and four of them have been the demarini composits.
JoJoNino
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:26 pm

JoJoNino wrote:we as a team, have broken about $900 worth of baseball bats already this spring, and four of them have been the demarini composits.
thats sad........u musnt have good hitters
baseball1981

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:32 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
JoJoNino wrote:we as a team, have broken about $900 worth of baseball bats already this spring, and four of them have been the demarini composits.
thats sad........u musnt have good hitters

haha, that is quite sad... We broke our first one that we had since last years Enderlin wood bat tournament and it was used for batting all legion season by 5 guys on our legion team. That was a simple Maple Mizuno we got for $40.. Our Demarini's are holding up quite well... So are all the other bats we got..
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class B