wood bats in 2007

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:14 pm

knights4 wrote:ya thats the only thing i like about wood bats. you wont see the screaming line drive commin right at you with no time to react, and the bloopers like you guys said, but i still wish they kept the alluminum  
I still think wood is the way to go, I mean, you guys are going to be using it when you go pro so might as well get used to it!
baseball1981

Postby catchit9 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:45 pm

ya... good hitters would WANT to hit with wood because it would just give them that much more of an advantage over other guys
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby knights4 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:00 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
knights4 wrote:ya thats the only thing i like about wood bats. you wont see the screaming line drive commin right at you with no time to react, and the bloopers like you guys said, but i still wish they kept the alluminum  
I still think wood is the way to go, I mean, you guys are going to be using it when you go pro so might as well get used to it!

haha true never thought of that, ok i like wood bats now.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby knights4 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:09 pm

catchit9 wrote:ya... good hitters would WANT to hit with wood because it would just give them that much more of an advantage over other guys
But for the home run hitters last years home run may turn into a deep out, for guys who hit for average i guess i agree but it will still take a little getting used to and i doubt there will be very many high averages at the beginning of the year. I just can't go up to the plate with a wood bat and face some one like Klinske without thinking if i make contact in the wrong spot this thing is going to explode in my hands.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby catchit9 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:15 pm

whats the worst that will happen?... you will lose a piece of lumber?... ok... they will make more wood bats... and if those that homerun turns into a deep out then they should have tried to hit a line drive instead... you have to remember... with the exception of people like barry bonds, homeruns are just mistakes... you just got a little under the ball... pretty good outcome for a mistake though i must say
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby knights4 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:20 pm

catchit9 wrote:whats the worst that will happen?... you will lose a piece of lumber?... ok... they will make more wood bats... and if those that homerun turns into a deep out then they should have tried to hit a line drive instead... you have to remember... with the exception of people like barry bonds, homeruns are just mistakes... you just got a little under the ball... pretty good outcome for a mistake though i must say

But there are kids who live and die on the home run, I had one on my team he had like a .200 average with 7homers  those are the kids who are going to stuggle, it takes awile for hr hitters to adjust their swing to hit line drives everytime. 
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby catchit9 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:29 pm

thats what im saying... .200 batting avg with 7 homeruns doesnt look good for college scouts... so why not do what those guys want?... i realize its too late for that kid but all im saying is that trust me a college scout would much rather see .400 with 3 mistakes (homeruns) than .200 with 7 homeruns and every other at bat is a mistake
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby knights4 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:40 pm

Good point, i'm just sayin that as a pitcher i love wood bats as a hitter i hate them even if i am a good hitter, good hitters like to hits that shouldnt be hits too, and if your a good hitter we already know about you, you dont need wood bats to prove that your better than the average player.  
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby catchit9 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:27 pm

well its not about people knowing you are a good hitter... its baseball... not a game of who is most well known... as a hitter you should want that advantage for your team and your stats for scouts... not for what people on this site think
catchit9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:35 am

catchit9 wrote:well its not about people knowing you are a good hitter... its baseball... not a game of who is most well known... as a hitter you should want that advantage for your team and your stats for scouts... not for what people on this site think
Yeah, your right.
baseball1981

Postby fruit snack » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:18 am

people would put corks in them
fruit snack

Postby slugger5 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:39 pm

so what are everyones favorite wood bats?

i gotta say the DBAT's but in a close second is the Louisville Slugger M9
slugger5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Big Hitter » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:53 am

I was pretty impressed will the wood bats we had our first practice out side and took batting practice they all had a pretty good feel to them.
Big Hitter

Postby knights4 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:27 am

holy crap u guys are outside already, lucky. I was thinking of buying my own bat any suggestions. 
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:55 pm

Big Hitter wrote:I was pretty impressed will the wood bats we had our first practice out side and took batting practice they all had a pretty good feel to them.
The team I keep track of has been outside since Monday, they took at wood bats today and hit a lot with them, their looking pretty good.
baseball1981

Postby power-aid14 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:13 pm

hey if anyone can afford to they should buy and disect a composite cuz im kind of curious to see what it would look like
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fightingsioux20 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:45 pm

Any composite bat should be pretty good
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:14 am

knights4 wrote:holy crap u guys are outside already, lucky. I was thinking of buying my own bat any suggestions. 

must be nice to be outside already. I'd go with maple mizuno's
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:43 pm

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
knights4 wrote:holy crap u guys are outside already, lucky. I was thinking of buying my own bat any suggestions. 

must be nice to be outside already. I'd go with maple mizuno's

yeah get a composite we have already had 4 broken bats and we arent even a week into this thing
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:44 pm

also, to anyone who doesnt already know this, make sure when using your bat you have the engraving of the logo facing up as it is the weaker part and more susceptible to breaking. show the pitcher the part of your bat with no engravings on it....and well if you have composite it doesnt matter becuz the engraving is just pasted on there....hopefully this advice helps you break less bats....good luck
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby web17 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:17 pm

bisonman wrote:
bison_18 wrote:You'd be surprised with averages, good hitters will be good, but the sweet spot on wood bats is probly twice as small as compared to aluminum. I'll be surprised if any team gets over 10 hr's.

In spring maybe, in legion you'll see some teams over 10 hrs very easily.

Not every kid is going to want to go out and buy their own bat.

legion isn't going wood.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:20 pm

power-aid14 wrote:also, to anyone who doesnt already know this, make sure when using your bat you have the engraving of the logo facing up as it is the weaker part and more susceptible to breaking. show the pitcher the part of your bat with no engravings on it....and well if you have composite it doesnt matter becuz the engraving is just pasted on there....hopefully this advice helps you break less bats....good luck

we are taught to hit with the engraving straight up. like straight in the air. not facing pitcher.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:50 pm

web17 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:also, to anyone who doesnt already know this, make sure when using your bat you have the engraving of the logo facing up as it is the weaker part and more susceptible to breaking. show the pitcher the part of your bat with no engravings on it....and well if you have composite it doesnt matter becuz the engraving is just pasted on there....hopefully this advice helps you break less bats....good luck

we are taught to hit with the engraving straight up. like straight in the air. not facing pitcher.

i said that, read it
Last edited by power-aid14 on Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Zagfanjerry » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:05 pm

yea read it
Zagfanjerry

Postby Mauer07 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:58 pm

I like to see it in high school but the offense during the summer will be crazy
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext