top 1st basemen

top 1st basemen

Postby slugger2 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:40 am

who are the top first basemen in the state?
slugger2
NDPreps Rookie

Re: top 1st basemen

Postby purple wolverine » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:28 am

Douglas Nordby watford city. this kid has GOT a glove like no other! he catches everything you throw his way! and im pretty sure hes never missed a grounder in his life! ya, hes the real deal! Hes got offers from 5 D1 colleges.
purple wolverine
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:48 pm

What schools?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:57 am

Hinsa wrote:What schools?

Probably none. Thats what you have to expect unless they can name the schools in the original post haha
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby thatguy422 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:24 pm

Douglas Nordby is good but be realistic. Never missed a grounder in his life? You're just making yourself sound stupid.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winners&losers » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:35 pm

I honestly think he can't even be considered in this. Especially since purple wolverine said it and watford city's mascot is wolverine's....
winners&losers

Postby bison football73 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:42 pm

watford city's mascot is the wolves not the wolverines but still that guy brags up watford city baseball read some of his older posts
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:45 pm

gobison#6 wrote:

Probably none. Thats what you have to expect unless they can name the schools in the original post haha

That's exactly what I thought. I didn't think purple could name any schools so I was just calling him/her out.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Hinsa wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

That's exactly what I thought. I didn't think purple could name any schools so I was just calling him/her out.

Yep. I would have done the same thing if you hadn't beat me to it haha
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Cant_Touch_This » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:19 am

idk guys he is pretty good ive seen him play in the state tournment last year. But idk if he will play college ball because he will prolly be playing college hockey for wisconson. so ya will c where he ends up
Cant_Touch_This
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gameplayer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Cant_Touch_This wrote:idk guys he is pretty good ive seen him play in the state tournment last year. But idk if he will play college ball because he will prolly be playing college hockey for wisconson. so ya will c where he ends up

I havent seen him play baseball but I have seen him play hockey and if he is lucky he maybe could fill the water bottles at Wisconsin.
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison football73 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:51 pm

there is no way u can play hockey at watford city and be good enough to play for a top wcha hockey team
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:16 pm

another good first baseman this next year would have to be taylor foss from fshp hes a little short but he can get just about anything.
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:26 pm

meatball77 wrote:another good first baseman this next year would have to be taylor foss from fshp hes a little short but he can get just about anything.

He is a pretty good first basemen, but Im not sure he moves well enough.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:36 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
meatball77 wrote:another good first baseman this next year would have to be taylor foss from fshp hes a little short but he can get just about anything.

Ya he has been working out and trying to lose weight to faster and went to camps to generate more power at the plate.
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:38 pm

meatball77 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

Ya he has been working out and trying to lose weight to faster and went to camps to generate more power at the plate.

Will he start though? I know last year Wyatt Mack started was he a senior?
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Yes he will be starting and mack was a senior, mack left for south dakota last summer so foss started first and made only 2 errors the whole season, and he puts the ball in play at the plate mainley all the time but his speed kills him and that what he is working on now
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:53 pm

meatball77 wrote:Yes he will be starting and mack was a senior, mack left for south dakota last summer so foss started first and made only 2 errors the whole season, and he puts the ball in play at the plate mainley all the time but his speed kills him and that what he is working on now

Thought he was. Wasn't sure though. I guess I have never seen Foss put the ball in play on a regular basis but he might have improved. It will be nice to see how he has developed. Region 1 will have a lot of younger players this year with not much experience. Do you know anything about Enderlin. Is Taran Langland gonna play any first base or his Michaelson?
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:50 am

If langland throws michaelson will prolly play first other than that langland will probably be starting
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:28 pm

meatball77 wrote:If langland throws michaelson will prolly play first other than that langland will probably be starting

Yeah I wasn't fully sure. I do know Langland can also play outfield and third base so I was just wondering how much playing time Michaelson would get.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:51 am

gobison#6 wrote:
meatball77 wrote:If langland throws michaelson will prolly play first other than that langland will probably be starting

Yeah I wasn't fully sure. I do know Langland can also play outfield and third base so I was just wondering how much playing time Michaelson would get.

I dont think michaelson is even that good, he is a decent fielder and can hit underaverage, langland will prolly end up playing third and michaelson 1st, but their pitching is thier weak point i think,,other than langland not much
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportguy24 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:11 pm

meatball77 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

I dont think michaelson is even that good, he is a decent fielder and can hit underaverage, langland will prolly end up playing third and michaelson 1st, but their pitching is thier weak point i think,,other than langland not much

Are you kidding? they have tanner groth, and thomas lindgren enderlin is gonna be solid next year.
Sportguy24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportguy24 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 pm

meatball77 wrote:Yes he will be starting and mack was a senior, mack left for south dakota last summer so foss started first and made only 2 errors the whole season, and he puts the ball in play at the plate mainley all the time but his speed kills him and that what he is working on now

In my opinion i thought mack did a pretty good job last year. he could get alot of stuff cuz he was so tall. can foss be as good as him for how short he is?
Sportguy24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby meatball77 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Foss made 2 errors all of legion and mack made 3 in one game in spring, foss stretches and gets a lot of stuff that people wouldnt think he could get at 5'9 about 200lbs, and he gets in front of balls and knocks them down and makes they play and keeps a lot of stuff away from going down the line....his bat is his weakness he only batted in legion about .250 or so...so he is trying to get that swing perfected to try bring it up in spring and legion to come.....
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby meatball77 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Sportguy24 wrote:
meatball77 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

Are you kidding? they have tanner groth, and thomas lindgren enderlin is gonna be solid next year.

They should be pretty good, casselton will have sundquist, bresnahan, and jalen hamm, and fshp will have hashbarger, midstokke, and a lot of good talent, kindred will be good, it is going to be a fun region to watch
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class B