2011 High School Baseball Season

Re: 2011 High School Baseball Season

Postby bballfan7 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:20 pm

Indy5 wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:
winners&losers wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:This might be a obvious question but i noticed Lisbon doesnt have a team. Have they ever had a high school team?

i know they didn't last year.

No high school team, just legion

Im guessing they must go to Enderlin to play baseball but im not sure, maybe theres just not enough kids interested.

How could they have enough interested for legion then?

I know they offer golf...i know of a few kids that play legion baseball in the summer that play golf in the spring time.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:00 am

bballfan7 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:
winners&losers wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:This might be a obvious question but i noticed Lisbon doesnt have a team. Have they ever had a high school team?

Im guessing they must go to Enderlin to play baseball but im not sure, maybe theres just not enough kids interested.

I know they offer golf...i know of a few kids that play legion baseball in the summer that play golf in the spring time.

They also have one of the best track teams in the state
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gobison#6 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:
winners&losers wrote:

They also have one of the best track teams in the state

That is very true they are very good every year.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 am

Despite attempts from some players and families. Lisbon refuses to offer HS baseball because they feel it will affect their track teams. Complete JOKE! Kids all over the state are doing both. All they are doing is depriving kids from the chance to play in college or develop to play at a higher level. I do not believe they are allowed to play anywhere else without the ok from the school.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby meatball77 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:02 pm

A team that could make a run for the legion state tourney is fshp...
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:27 pm

meatball77 wrote:A team that could make a run for the legion state tourney is fshp...

We are talking about the high school season here, but yes FSHP has good teams year in and year out.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby thebenchwarmer14 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:18 am

ndpreps100 wrote:region three will be very competitive there will be dakota prarie, midkota, harvey, and lakota. In my opinion dakota prarie and midkota will be the top two seeds. With harvey being the three and lakota being the four. Dakota prarie lost lamb and luehring but return gorneau and herman. Midkota lost ralhf and woodbridge but they bring back monson gilbertson harding and they will have a good athlete coming back that hasnt played in a year because of eci in billy engel they will also have kris wathne who in my opinion is the best defensive catcher in the region. Lakota will have tate aaronson eric haugland seth smaage and from what i hear zac sundre stepped it up in the state tourney for babe ruth this summer. Harvey will return rogglestad who is a very good player.

I agree about dakota prairie being one of the top two seeds in region 3 but i think harvey will be the other harvey was 4th in state last year, sure they lost 5 seniors but they still return plenty of good players
thebenchwarmer14
NDPreps Rookie

Postby love#4 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Who does Shiloh have coming back this year?
love#4
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Shiloh should be solid. I think they have a Slaughbaugh (sorry if I misspelled) He isn't quite the player his brother was but solid. They have a new kid from Century I heard. I know he played basketball but don't remember the name and I heard they had some kids from Strasburg and Linton coming up but am not sure who. Washburn should be very good too with nearly everyone returning. Hettinger I have no clue. Kidder Co. will be down. Central Prairie lost a lot and Standing Rock is never very good. Just my take.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby WingedWarrior » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:39 pm

Region 7 is going to come down to Watford and Trinity Christian. Minot Ryan is no longer in the Region.
WingedWarrior
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lovwatchingsports » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Here are the regions for class B

B Regional Assignments/Chairmen

Region 1 - Brian Midthun, Enderlin
Schools: Central Cass, Enderlin/Maple Valley, Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page, Kindred/Richland, LaMoure/Litchville-Marion, Northern Cass

Region II - Chad Omdahl, Hatton
Schools: Central Valley/Hillsboro, Hatton/Northwood, Larimore, Mayville-Portland-CG, Minto/Midway, Thompson

Region III - Gil Black, Midkota
Schools: Carrington, Dakota Prairie, Harvey/Wells County, Lakota/Adams-Edmore, Midkota/BCN/Griggs Co, New Rockford-Sheyenne

Region IV - Jeff Carpenter, North Border
Schools: Cavalier, Fordville-Lankin/Park River, Grafton, Langdon/Munich, North Border, St. Thomas/Drayton/Valley-Edinburg

Region V - David Hoff, Bottineau
Schools: Bishop Ryan, Bottineau, Glenburn/Mohall, North Star, Rolette/Wolford/Rolla, Rugby, Surrey

Region VI - Mitch Lunde, Beulah
Schools: Beulah, Hazen, Garrison, Max/Sawyer, Turtle Lake-Mercer/Und/McClusky/Goodrich, Velva/Drake-Anamoose

Region VII - TBA
Schools: Des Lacs-Burlington, Kenmare/Bowbells, New Town, North Shore/Parshall/Berthold, Trinity Christian/Trenton, Watford City

Region VIII - Pete Moe, Washburn
Schools: Central Prairie, Hettinger, Shiloh Christian, Standing Rock, Kidder Co./Wing/Napoleon, Washburn/Wilton/Center-Stanton
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:19 pm

does anyone have anything on Region 6? Predictions or any comments about it
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:46 pm

A lot of unkowns with Hazen and Beulah playing A ball for awhile now. With their returning players mostly from one school? do they have a turning coach? who does he coach? I know they both have legion but like a lot of schools they might have more players in the spring. They teams that play them in their section would have the best idea.
As far as Velva they still have their best two plitchers back and they only had a couple of seniors on the team that won the state with.
Garrison and Turtle Lake have aways to go to win agianst the other three. Garrison lakes numbers and Turtle Lake doesn't play summer ball.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby jtdc492 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:19 pm

Maniaconthefloor wrote:Shiloh should be solid. I think they have a Slaughbaugh (sorry if I misspelled) He isn't quite the player his brother was but solid. They have a new kid from Century I heard. I know he played basketball but don't remember the name and I heard they had some kids from Strasburg and Linton coming up but am not sure who. Washburn should be very good too with nearly everyone returning. Hettinger I have no clue. Kidder Co. will be down. Central Prairie lost a lot and Standing Rock is never very good. Just my take.

It surprises me that Linton and Strasburg couldn't field a team on their own. And wouldn't it be closer to go to Steele? Also, why would a private school want kids from another town taking positions from kids whose parents are paying tuition? Must be something sweet in the partnership.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan7 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:02 am

jtdc492 wrote:
Maniaconthefloor wrote:Shiloh should be solid. I think they have a Slaughbaugh (sorry if I misspelled) He isn't quite the player his brother was but solid. They have a new kid from Century I heard. I know he played basketball but don't remember the name and I heard they had some kids from Strasburg and Linton coming up but am not sure who. Washburn should be very good too with nearly everyone returning. Hettinger I have no clue. Kidder Co. will be down. Central Prairie lost a lot and Standing Rock is never very good. Just my take.

It surprises me that Linton and Strasburg couldn't field a team on their own. And wouldn't it be closer to go to Steele? Also, why would a private school want kids from another town taking positions from kids whose parents are paying tuition? Must be something sweet in the partnership.

Its about the same between Bismarck and Steele. I thought Linton went with BHS or was that just one year when Carr pitched there?
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:58 pm

That would have been a nice addition for one year :!:
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Class B