Class B Babe Ruth season

Class B Babe Ruth season

Postby GoPack#2 » Sat May 29, 2010 10:54 am

Who are going to be some of the top players and teams in this years Babe Ruth season?
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Class B Babe Ruth season

Postby utilityman » Sat May 29, 2010 11:17 am

With you being from Central Cass you will probably like my answer. Ellery Bresnahan, the kid is a star already, a left handed catcher, when I first saw him catching against VC I thought " are you kidding me?" a left handed catcher? Then I seen him play, personally I thought he was the best all around catcher in the region this year, nothing got by the kid, he was quick as a cat, he hit well has a good arm and is fast. I listened to the game on radio vs LLM and the announcer was raving about him.

I personally know the Casselton legion coach, I know that if it was up to him that Bresnahan would be playing legion and I'm sure starting somewhere, but I here there is alot of kids on they're legion team and they don't want to ruffle any feathers and last plan was he's playing babe ruth.

As far as other players in the area that I know of, I hear there's a kid from Lisbon who is 15 that throws very hard, sorry don't know his name. Look for Jaden Keys from VC to hit very well this year in babe ruth, he has some varsity ball experience in HS and mashed the ball well last year in babe ruth including some HR's.

VC has a couple of 14 yr olds that have alot of promise as well, but I'm not going to put their names on here yet, but ones 6'4" and is starting to throw pretty hard, he's getting some good coaching and with time he could really blossom. The others a kid who hit the ball really well this spring with a wood bat and switching to aluminum I look for him to really mash the ball, he's more of a Bresnahan mold, small, wiry, fast and a good arm, he's only 14.

But right now, I'm thinking Bresnahan will dominate Babe Ruth.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Sun May 30, 2010 12:48 pm

utilityman wrote:With you being from Central Cass you will probably like my answer. Ellery Bresnahan, the kid is a star already, a left handed catcher, when I first saw him catching against VC I thought " are you kidding me?" a left handed catcher? Then I seen him play, personally I thought he was the best all around catcher in the region this year, nothing got by the kid, he was quick as a cat, he hit well has a good arm and is fast. I listened to the game on radio vs LLM and the announcer was raving about him.

I personally know the Casselton legion coach, I know that if it was up to him that Bresnahan would be playing legion and I'm sure starting somewhere, but I here there is alot of kids on they're legion team and they don't want to ruffle any feathers and last plan was he's playing babe ruth.

As far as other players in the area that I know of, I hear there's a kid from Lisbon who is 15 that throws very hard, sorry don't know his name. Look for Jaden Keys from VC to hit very well this year in babe ruth, he has some varsity ball experience in HS and mashed the ball well last year in babe ruth including some HR's.

VC has a couple of 14 yr olds that have alot of promise as well, but I'm not going to put their names on here yet, but ones 6'4" and is starting to throw pretty hard, he's getting some good coaching and with time he could really blossom. The others a kid who hit the ball really well this spring with a wood bat and switching to aluminum I look for him to really mash the ball, he's more of a Bresnahan mold, small, wiry, fast and a good arm, he's only 14.

But right now, I'm thinking Bresnahan will dominate Babe Ruth.

The Lisbon kid is Tyler Mittleider(spelling?) he is very good. Lisbon plays Casselton in Casselton on June 1st to open up the season.
Last edited by GoPack#2 on Mon May 31, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Runninganalyzer » Mon May 31, 2010 9:21 am

Unfortunately Ellery Breshnahan will be absent for this game as I know himself and two other above average players by the names of Connor Rieniets and Garret Ebach as they have qualified for state in golf I would wait till the next time they play to compare the two teams
Runninganalyzer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoPack#2 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:13 am

What District is Valley City in?
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby utilityman » Mon May 31, 2010 11:37 am

Runninganalyzer wrote:Unfortunately Ellery Breshnahan will be absent for this game as I know himself and two other above average players by the names of Connor Rieniets and Garret Ebach as they have qualified for state in golf I would wait till the next time they play to compare the two teams

What are you talking about? No one was talking about a specific game or comparing two teams.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby utilityman » Mon May 31, 2010 11:40 am

GoPack#2 wrote:What District is Valley City in?

Not sure which number the district is, I just know it's LaMoure, Oakes, Lisbon, Edgeley and Ellendale. I think thats all the teams but there might be 1 more. I was talking to the LaMoure legion coach and he said their numbers really fall after this year, in fact next year for high school they'll be having to play freshman to have team. But, they have had one heck of a run down there.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Mon May 31, 2010 1:36 pm

utilityman wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:What District is Valley City in?

Not sure which number the district is, I just know it's LaMoure, Oakes, Lisbon, Edgeley and Ellendale. I think thats all the teams but there might be 1 more. I was talking to the LaMoure legion coach and he said their numbers really fall after this year, in fact next year for high school they'll be having to play freshman to have team. But, they have had one heck of a run down there.

Yeah I think LaMoure is losing 7 of their 12 players on there high school team. I heard LaMoure wasn't even having a Babe Ruth team this year is that true?
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby utilityman » Mon May 31, 2010 8:29 pm

There on our schedule so I'm pretty sure they have a team.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:49 pm

utilityman wrote:There on our schedule so I'm pretty sure they have a team.

ok I was just checking I had heard they weren't going to have a team but I guess I was wrong my bad
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby T-rizzel2012 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:06 am

yeah from valley city i would go with Jaden Keys, he is a great player but also from valley city watch out for Brett Rockneberg, this kid plays any spot on the field gots an arm can pitch and also is a good hitter to...
T-rizzel2012
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Big Blue » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Watford City has a really nice team. They have some big kids that hit the ball and are solid defensively. Wouldn't be surprised to see them make state.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby utilityman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:59 am

I've now seen quite a few teams from the east, I would be surprised if there was any team in the state better than Lisbon. They have a true ace in Mittleider and also a very solid #2, they hit the ball very good and all there scores have been lopsided. I heard they went to a tourney in Omaha last weekend, curious to see how they did there against bigger competition.

There coach needs to learn a few things about the unwritten rules, he was double stealing with a 14 run lead with his ace on the mound in one game and also was doing it in another blowout, I'm thinking he just doesn't get it more than he's trying to run it up.

Casselton would be the 2nd best team I've seen, they're pretty solid but definately a step behind Lisbon.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:28 pm

utilityman wrote:I've now seen quite a few teams from the east, I would be surprised if there was any team in the state better than Lisbon. They have a true ace in Mittleider and also a very solid #2, they hit the ball very good and all there scores have been lopsided. I heard they went to a tourney in Omaha last weekend, curious to see how they did there against bigger competition.

There coach needs to learn a few things about the unwritten rules, he was double stealing with a 14 run lead with his ace on the mound in one game and also was doing it in another blowout, I'm thinking he just doesn't get it more than he's trying to run it up.

Casselton would be the 2nd best team I've seen, they're pretty solid but definately a step behind Lisbon.

Results from todays game in Lisbon.
Game 1
Casselton 7
Lisbon 3
Game 2
Casselton 10
Lisbon 0
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:01 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:
utilityman wrote:I've now seen quite a few teams from the east, I would be surprised if there was any team in the state better than Lisbon. They have a true ace in Mittleider and also a very solid #2, they hit the ball very good and all there scores have been lopsided. I heard they went to a tourney in Omaha last weekend, curious to see how they did there against bigger competition.

Game 1
Casselton 7
Lisbon 3
Game 2
Casselton 10
Lisbon 0

Who pitched for Lisbon both games?
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby utilityman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:02 pm

I've seen Lisbon 5 times this year and Casselton 3x, If Casselton beat Mittleider or the 2nd starter ( forgot last name) then kudos, anyway it's a good win either way. Did Bresnahan pitch for Casselton? So, based on what I've seen that's the way I seen it but obviously with Casselton sweeping Lisbon you have to put them at the top in the East.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:25 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:

Game 1
Casselton 7
Lisbon 3
Game 2
Casselton 10
Lisbon 0

Who pitched for Lisbon both games?

Well i found out that Mittleider didnt pitch...Im not sure bout there #2 but im guessing he didnt pitch either...since they just got back from Omaha and im sure they pitched there best 2 down there
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GoPack#2 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:14 am

utilityman wrote:I've seen Lisbon 5 times this year and Casselton 3x, If Casselton beat Mittleider or the 2nd starter ( forgot last name) then kudos, anyway it's a good win either way. Did Bresnahan pitch for Casselton? So, based on what I've seen that's the way I seen it but obviously with Casselton sweeping Lisbon you have to put them at the top in the East.

Bresnahan did not throw for Casselton and Mittleider did not throw for Lisbon.
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classbboy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:05 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:
utilityman wrote:I've seen Lisbon 5 times this year and Casselton 3x, If Casselton beat Mittleider or the 2nd starter ( forgot last name) then kudos, anyway it's a good win either way. Did Bresnahan pitch for Casselton? So, based on what I've seen that's the way I seen it but obviously with Casselton sweeping Lisbon you have to put them at the top in the East.

Bresnahan did not throw for Casselton and Mittleider did not throw for Lisbon.

I only know 1 fourteen year old and 1 fifteen year old who pitched for casselton in those game, Griffin Weber and Connor Rieniets
classbboy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Runninganalyzer » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:54 pm

Casselton and Lisbon are both extremely stacked with kids riding the bench that would start on any other team and for casselton it is only 14 and 15 yr olds and they also had 5 cuts at the beggining of the season if Mittleider and Breshnahan were to pitch it would come down to which one of those two kids could hit off of the other only time they will face again would be at state
Runninganalyzer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:55 am

Dakota Prairie lost to Casselton 10-9 in 11 innings in the Valley City tournament. There lead off batter threw the first 6 and Bresnahan threw the last 5. Dakota Prairie had the base's loaded twice on Bresnahan, but he was able to pitch his way out of it. Dakota Prairie threw Tyrel Harding for 6, and Colton Anderson for 5.

Dakota Prairie, Casselton, Lisbon, Grafton and St. Thomas are all looking like good teams from what I have heard an seen. Carrington and Harvey both got good ball clubs. These are the teams have I seen so far so that's all I am going off of. Carrington has a solid hitting lineup while Harvey has two solid arms.

Grafton and St. Thomas are battling to see who wins the Northern Valley. Both teams are very good, most of St. Thomas's legion team are babe ruth kids.

In my opinion, seeing Bresnahan this year and last year. He is probably the best overall player in Babe Ruth. Middlieter is pretty good, but Bresnahan is the total package.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoPack#2 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:53 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:Dakota Prairie lost to Casselton 10-9 in 11 innings in the Valley City tournament. There lead off batter threw the first 6 and Bresnahan threw the last 5. Dakota Prairie had the base's loaded twice on Bresnahan, but he was able to pitch his way out of it. Dakota Prairie threw Tyrel Harding for 6, and Colton Anderson for 5.

Dakota Prairie, Casselton, Lisbon, Grafton and St. Thomas are all looking like good teams from what I have heard an seen. Carrington and Harvey both got good ball clubs. These are the teams have I seen so far so that's all I am going off of. Carrington has a solid hitting lineup while Harvey has two solid arms.

Grafton and St. Thomas are battling to see who wins the Northern Valley. Both teams are very good, most of St. Thomas's legion team are babe ruth kids.

In my opinion, seeing Bresnahan this year and last year. He is probably the best overall player in Babe Ruth. Middlieter is pretty good, but Bresnahan is the total package.

The leadoff batter for Casselton was Ross Radermacher who pitched the first 6 innings.
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Runninganalyzer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Ellery Breshnahan hits for the cycle Wednesday night with 2 homers a triple double and single Casselton hits 8 home runs as a team in one game names are as follows Ryan Nelson 2 Garret Ebach 2 Mitch Scheer 1 Connor Rieniets 1 the first 5 batters in the lineup what a team they are definately a team to get beat last game they lost a game [1st game]since they played Wahpeton when they fell apart on June 17th
Runninganalyzer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby birdman » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:03 am

Just so you know none of those homeruns go out of the park on a normal field. Left field fence was about 230 with a 30-40 mph wind blowing out.
birdman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby utilityman » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:44 am

Well that explains that pretty much, I'm pretty sure Casselton is one of the better teams in the state but 8 HR's is unheard of. With the fence being 230' and those winds we had Wednesday night, a routine pop up to deep shortstop is now "warning track power".
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Return to Class B