State Tournament

State Tournament

Postby baseball1402 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:38 pm

Lets set up all the games and start talking about all of them.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Re: State Tournament

Postby cubsfan » Fri May 28, 2010 6:10 pm

Region 1-Enderlin-Maple Valley
Region 2-May-Port-C-G
Region 3-Harvey
Region 4-Grafton or Cavalier
Region 5-Bottineau
Region 6-Velva or Surrey
Region 7-Minot Ryan
Region 8-Shiloh Christian
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri May 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Tournament games will begin daily at 11:30 with the 3rd game beginning at 4:30. Thursday's pairings are:

Region 1 Enderlin vs. Region 6 Velva

Region 3 Harvey vs. Region 5 Bottineau

Region 2 May-Port vs. Region 7 Ryan

Region 4 Grafton vs. Region 8 Shiloh
Last edited by lovwatchingsports on Sat May 29, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby winners&losers » Sat May 29, 2010 12:00 am

what are peoples predictions
winners&losers

Postby Indy5 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:16 am

Predictions:

Enderlin/Maple Valley over Velva- Don't know much about EMV, but they swept LaMoure so they must be pretty good. Also, Velva isn't as good as they usually are.
Harvey over Bottineau- Not really sure on either of these teams. I think they came from 2 of the weaker regions. Harvey has better athletes so I go with them.
Bishop Ryan over MPCG- Should be a good one, but Ryan is just too tough. One loss all year and that was in a fluke game on the road at Williston with thier best player being tossed.
Shiloh over Region 4- Whether its Grafton over Cavalier, I think Shiloh has a pitching edge. Don't know if they throw Lardy first round, but they threw a shutout about every game in the region tourney so I'm guessing they have other good pitchers.

Enderlin/Maple Valley over Harvey- Harvey got a good first round draw, but EMV is too tough.
Bishop Ryan over Shiloh- Low scoring game, but I think Ryan gets it done on their home field.

Bishop Ryan over Enderlin/Maple Valley- Ryan wins their 4th in a row. Should be a great game. Ryan is very deep in their pitching, which should help them in this tournament.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby USA » Sat May 29, 2010 8:12 pm

Indy5 wrote:Predictions:

Enderlin/Maple Valley over Velva- Don't know much about EMV, but they swept LaMoure so they must be pretty good. Also, Velva isn't as good as they usually are.
Harvey over Bottineau- Not really sure on either of these teams. I think they came from 2 of the weaker regions. Harvey has better athletes so I go with them.
Bishop Ryan over MPCG- Should be a good one, but Ryan is just too tough. One loss all year and that was in a fluke game on the road at Williston with thier best player being tossed.
Shiloh over Region 4- Whether its Grafton over Cavalier, I think Shiloh has a pitching edge. Don't know if they throw Lardy first round, but they threw a shutout about every game in the region tourney so I'm guessing they have other good pitchers.

Enderlin/Maple Valley over Harvey- Harvey got a good first round draw, but EMV is too tough.
Bishop Ryan over Shiloh- Low scoring game, but I think Ryan gets it done on their home field.

Bishop Ryan over Enderlin/Maple Valley- Ryan wins their 4th in a row. Should be a great game. Ryan is very deep in their pitching, which should help them in this tournament.

Who does Ryan have after Magnuson and Himmerick?
USA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sun May 30, 2010 12:09 pm

USA wrote:
Indy5 wrote:Predictions:

Who does Ryan have after Magnuson and Himmerick?

If you are talking about for their pitching, Kyle Petz is their number 2. Kyler Elm has also been doing really well this year. If need be, they could throw Storbeck and maybe Burckhard, but those two most likely wouldn't see time on the hill at state.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby GoPack#2 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:10 am

lovwatchingsports wrote:Tournament games will begin daily at 11:30 with the 3rd game beginning at 4:30. Thursday's pairings are:

I got Enderlin over Velva and Harvey over Bottineau and Ryan over May-Port and Shiloh over Grafton
Then Enderlin over Harvey and Shiloh over Ryan
Then Shiloh over Enderlin
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basebizzal » Mon May 31, 2010 1:08 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:Tournament games will begin daily at 11:30 with the 3rd game beginning at 4:30. Thursday's pairings are:

I got Enderlin over Velva and Harvey over Bottineau and Ryan over May-Port and Shiloh over Grafton

Is Shiloh deep enough in pitching to make a run? Who else do they have other then Lardy?
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 pm

basebizzal wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:

Is Shiloh deep enough in pitching to make a run? Who else do they have other then Lardy?

Well i guess we will wait and see if they do or not.
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:10 pm

basebizzal wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:

I don't know who else they have. but I'm assuming they are decent since they didn't give up a run in their last 4 games of the region tournament.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:22 pm

They gave up 12 in one game against WWCS. Lardy, I think will pitch 1st game. Slabaugh and/or Knell will get the call if they win. Good luck to all teams.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby radioman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:58 am

Bishop Ryan, Bottineau & Velva-Drake games at the tournament can be heard on KHRT 1320 AM out of Minot or online at www.khrt.com
radioman
NDPreps Starter

Postby A - Football Fan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:37 am

Any word on game schedules? There is a light rain coming down here in Minot and looks to hold on for at least a few more hours. So far it is only light rain but it has been going on for a few hours now so I think it will be too wet to play as scheduled.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:50 pm

I'm gonna make a bold prediction that Grafton upsets Minot Ryan in the semis if they both advance
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:34 am

Velva Drake wins 2-0
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:10 pm

top of 6 Havey 2 Botno 2
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:01 pm

Harvey wins 4-2
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:25 am

What is the whole schedule for today? And how's the weather up in Minot. Thinkin bout making the trip up there.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:29 pm

The Schwab wrote:What is the whole schedule for today? And how's the weather up in Minot. Thinkin bout making the trip up there.

Sun is shining with a moderate amount of clouds as of now. At least they're all fluffy and white.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby GoPack#2 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Updates on the games?
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GoPack#2 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:08 pm

scc wrote:There's a lightning delay in the championship game, with Velva-Drake leading Bishop Ryan 7-2 in the bottom of the 4th.

Will they continue the game tomorrow if they cant finish it tonight?
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:34 am

scc wrote:Velva-Drake defeated Bishop Ryan 13-3 in the state championship. The game ended at 11:24 PM.

Atleast they dont have to drive very far haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby gtownrat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:08 am

Who got senior player of the year?
gtownrat
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indy5 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:37 am

gtownrat wrote:Who got senior player of the year?

Gaige Dunn of LaMoure
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Return to Class B