Top 10 for 2010

Top 10 for 2010

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Now that baseball season is here, lets hear everyone's top ten. Here's my list:

1. Minot Ryan- easy pick here, three time defending champs lose one from last year's team
2. Dakota Prairie- Lamb and Louring(sp.)form best 1-2 pitching punch in state, many others with experience
3. Grafton- Lost the big guns, but return a lot of nice players
4. Munich- Klein and Beck lead strong senior class, will need to fill some holes
5. LaMoure- Pitching wins championships and Dunn is the best in the state, but must get out of tough region
6. Rollette- Return everyone from a team that beat Munich twice last year
7. Central Cass- Better bats than LaMoure, don't have a top notch ace to match Dunn
8. Velva- A great program that always seems to be at state, will need to replace Bruner, and Wielder(sp.)
9. Shilo- Zach Lardy leads a return trip to state
10. Thompson- Return to state after a couple yrs off

Also under consideration: Surrey, CVH, FLPR, Enderlin, Watford City
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Re: Top 10 for 2010

Postby t-wolve » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:35 pm

1. Minot Ryan- Definitely agree,,, should be an easy return trip to state, almost everyone returns
2. Lamoure- Dunn is way to strong. They have strong pitching behind Dunn but lack bats
3. Shiloh- Lose center fielder, but have amazing pitching with Lardy & Knell. Bats are too streaky tho.
4. Dakota Prairie- Two strong pitchers but they lack control of pitches.
5. Central Cass- Lose some strong seniors but team has a lot of poise..
t-wolve
NDPreps Reserve

Postby uconn_8 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:41 pm

I would not crown DP as having the "best 1-2 punch" pitching in the state. Its tough for anyone really to have fair opinions on some of these (i mean all of these) topics because many people don't watch anyone else in the state besides teams in the area/section/region.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:04 pm

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:Now that baseball season is here, lets hear everyone's top ten. Here's my list:

1. Minot Ryan- easy pick here, three time defending champs lose one from last year's team
2. Dakota Prairie- Lamb and Louring(sp.)form best 1-2 pitching punch in state, many others with experience
3. Grafton- Lost the big guns, but return a lot of nice players
4. Munich- Klein and Beck lead strong senior class, will need to fill some holes
5. LaMoure- Pitching wins championships and Dunn is the best in the state, but must get out of tough region
6. Rollette- Return everyone from a team that beat Munich twice last year
7. Central Cass- Better bats than LaMoure, don't have a top notch ace to match Dunn
8. Velva- A great program that always seems to be at state, will need to replace Bruner, and Wielder(sp.)
9. Shilo- Zach Lardy leads a return trip to state
10. Thompson- Return to state after a couple yrs off

Also under consideration: Surrey, CVH, FLPR, Enderlin, Watford City

I dont know if Cavalier belongs in the top 10 but I would give them the nod over FLPR. Just off the top of my head FLPR lost alot in Mozinski, Brunsvold, Smestead, and Forester. Maybe more. I think they will still be very respectable especially if a returning players step up but "Mack and the Boys" (it actually applies a little more to baseball then basketball) should be pretty solid.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:34 am

I wouldnt count FSHP out. Remember they beat both LaMoure and Central Cass last year in regular season. They also only lose one player. Should have a solid rotation, and have arguably the best all-around player in the region in Jalen Hashbarger.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby luckyinlife » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:32 pm

Never count out FSHP. They are just too well coached and that area seems to grow baseball players.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:58 pm

The actual pole, which was posted on Saturday morning in Newspapers. I read it in the Grand Forks Herald.

1. Minot Ryan
2. Central Cass
3. Munich
4. Grafton
5. Velva
6. LaMoure
7. Enderlin-Maple Valley
8. Dakota Prairie
9. Shiloh
10. Valley City
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:49 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:The actual pole, which was posted on Saturday morning in Newspapers. I read it in the Grand Forks Herald.

1. Minot Ryan
2. Central Cass
3. Munich
4. Grafton
5. Velva
6. LaMoure
7. Enderlin-Maple Valley
8. Dakota Prairie
9. Shiloh
10. Valley City

Surprised that Dakota Prairie got that low with all their guys with about 2yrs of experience and back to back region championships. And does anyone have a scouting report on Valley City cuz I'm not real familiar with them?
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:34 pm

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:The actual pole, which was posted on Saturday morning in Newspapers. I read it in the Grand Forks Herald.

1. Minot Ryan
2. Central Cass
3. Munich
4. Grafton
5. Velva
6. LaMoure
7. Enderlin-Maple Valley
8. Dakota Prairie
9. Shiloh
10. Valley City

Surprised that Dakota Prairie got that low with all their guys with about 2yrs of experience and back to back region championships. And does anyone have a scouting report on Valley City cuz I'm not real familiar with them?

Valley has a solid lefty in Trenton Egan and a very solid catcher in Derek Kohler. He will probably be there number 2 pitcher. They have some other players that return such as Klingenberg and Aus (although he might run track).
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby utilityman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:14 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:

1. Minot Ryan
2. Central Cass
3. Munich
4. Grafton
5. Velva
6. LaMoure
7. Enderlin-Maple Valley
8. Dakota Prairie
9. Shiloh
10. Valley City

Valley has a solid lefty in Trenton Egan and a very solid catcher in Derek Kohler. He will probably be there number 2 pitcher. They have some other players that return such as Klingenberg and Aus (although he might run track).

VC brings back 9 starters from a team that didn't fare well in class A last year. They did make it to state in legion last year but had help from Zitzow and Zinke who were in college last year. Aus has never been a starter, Kohler and Stearns were out most of last years High School season with injuries and Jordon Thomsen returns and was their best player last year. I think VC will be able to play with LaMoure, Central Cass and Enderlin, I think this by far is the toughest region in the state.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby winners&losers » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:53 pm

I am surprised Central Cass got placed that high beings all that they lost last year
winners&losers

Postby cubsfan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:23 pm

Central Cass won state babe ruth last summer so that helps with some of the talent, but they are well coached and return a decent amount of kids.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gobison#6 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:46 pm

CC returns 5 starters but one of those starters is out this year with an injury (Ham). They have guys that played for the 07 babe ruth(champs) and 08(champs) 09(3rd place) legion teams who fill many of the other starting spots along with a few guys who should get playing time this year who played on the 09 babe ruth team(champs). They should be just fine.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoPack#2 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:02 pm

1. Minot Ryan
2. Central Cass
3. Munich
4. Grafton
5. Velva
6. LaMoure
7. Enderlin-Maple Valley
8. Dakota Prairie
9. Shiloh
10. Valley City

Funny 4 of those teams are in the same region.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:30 am

GoPack#2 wrote:

1. Minot Ryan
2. Central Cass
3. Munich
4. Grafton
5. Velva
6. LaMoure
7. Enderlin-Maple Valley
8. Dakota Prairie
9. Shiloh
10. Valley City

Thats because it is the best region in the state.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby winners&losers » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:23 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:

1. Minot Ryan
2. Central Cass
3. Munich
4. Grafton
5. Velva
6. LaMoure
7. Enderlin-Maple Valley
8. Dakota Prairie
9. Shiloh
10. Valley City

how can you even say that? who has won the state championship the past 3 years??
winners&losers

Postby Indy5 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Bishop Ryan has been the best team in the state the past 3 years. That doesn't mean they've had the best region. Their region has actually been halfways weak. Usually just Ryan and maybe one more good team at the top. Last year Watford City was a very good team, but just couldn't get by the eventual state champs. Kennmare was decent but for sure not a state worthy team.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby GoPack#2 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:54 pm

Indy5 wrote:Bishop Ryan has been the best team in the state the past 3 years. That doesn't mean they've had the best region. Their region has actually been halfways weak. Usually just Ryan and maybe one more good team at the top. Last year Watford City was a very good team, but just couldn't get by the eventual state champs. Kennmare was decent but for sure not a state worthy team.

Winning the State Champsionship the last three years does not make you have the best Region.
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby utilityman » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:20 pm

winners&losers wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:

1. Minot Ryan
2. Central Cass
3. Munich
4. Grafton
5. Velva
6. LaMoure
7. Enderlin-Maple Valley
8. Dakota Prairie
9. Shiloh
10. Valley City

how can you even say that? who has won the state championship the past 3 years??

C Cass, VC, Enderlin and LaMoure all won their sections last year and made state legion, they all return alot of starters and quality backups from last year, I would say this should be enough reason to say that it's the best region in the state. If you could name a region from 1-4 that is better I'm all ears.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:24 pm

utilityman wrote:
winners&losers wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:

1. Minot Ryan
2. Central Cass
3. Munich
4. Grafton
5. Velva
6. LaMoure
7. Enderlin-Maple Valley
8. Dakota Prairie
9. Shiloh
10. Valley City

C Cass, VC, Enderlin and LaMoure all won their sections last year and made state legion, they all return alot of starters and quality backups from last year, I would say this should be enough reason to say that it's the best region in the state. If you could name a region from 1-4 that is better I'm all ears.

Yeah same hear I am listening as well.
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:39 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:Bishop Ryan has been the best team in the state the past 3 years. That doesn't mean they've had the best region. Their region has actually been halfways weak. Usually just Ryan and maybe one more good team at the top. Last year Watford City was a very good team, but just couldn't get by the eventual state champs. Kennmare was decent but for sure not a state worthy team.

Winning the State Champsionship the last three years does not make you have the best Region.

That is exactly what I just said.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:59 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:
utilityman wrote:
winners&losers wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:

1. Minot Ryan
2. Central Cass
3. Munich
4. Grafton
5. Velva
6. LaMoure
7. Enderlin-Maple Valley
8. Dakota Prairie
9. Shiloh
10. Valley City

Yeah same hear I am listening as well.

Exactly, one great team doesnt make a region the best in the state. The depth and talent of all the teams makes the region the best. I agree with these guys if you can name a deeper region and make your case on why, I will listen.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:53 pm

Plus FSHP is anothr quality team.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:48 pm

cubsfan wrote:Plus FSHP is anothr quality team.

Exactly the top 5 teams in region 1 are good kindred and northern cass are the bottom teams in the region.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:50 am

Shiloh only retuns one player that hit over .300 (Lardy). So unless their bats heat up this year they will rely on the arm of Lardy to win games.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Class B