not to bad practice and you will have them mastered
Boyyo27
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonman » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:45 am

bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby nike07 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:20 am

bisonman wrote:Image
lol, i love this whole feet thing, even though i'm lost...
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:35 am

jordan grover pitched one good ball game. not a great ballgame a good ballgame. so how does that give you the right to say he pitched the best game in nd history.  he did not win that game thompson lost the game.  he is not even in the top 5 pitchers in the state. he might not even be in the top ten.  he is not good he is average, average and left-handed.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:04 pm

[user=1043]cubsfan[/user] wrote:
jordan grover pitched one good ball game. not a great ballgame a good ballgame. so how does that give you the right to say he pitched the best game in nd history.  he did not win that game thompson lost the game.  he is not even in the top 5 pitchers in the state. he might not even be in the top ten.  he is not good he is average, average and left-handed.

Well then cubsfan who is???? You seem to be very opinionated why don't you tell us who is the best?? Don't totally disagree with ya but lets hear what you think?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cash » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:32 pm

cubsfan wrote:jordan grover pitched one good ball game. not a great ballgame a good ballgame. so how does that give you the right to say he pitched the best game in nd history.  he did not win that game thompson lost the game.  he is not even in the top 5 pitchers in the state. he might not even be in the top ten.  he is not good he is average, average and left-handed.
I think that Grover did pitch a great game, however, definatley not the best game ever pitched in the history of North Dakota baseball. Think of the what...two major league pitchers from North Dakota, they had to have had some great games, and I'd be willing to bet they had better games than Grover's, even though he did pitch a really good game. My hat goes off to him, he shut down the class b powerhouse in Thompson.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:13 am

This hasn't been posted on for a while, but I was not really impressed with Grover. We beat him in Cooperstown in Legion last summer, and he could pitch, but it wasn't anything outstanding. He threw hard, but no harder than the Kjemhus's, Wurtz, or Greek threw for thompson. He is good, but not that good.
Last edited by thunderbaseball_38 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby shotcaller1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:50 pm

i've played against grover too and i would not say he is the greatest pitcher. yea he's a good pitcher but not great
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball1niner » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:26 am

so....if you are trying to say he is average and not in the top ten..i would imagine you put the lefty kjemus in the top ten....thats just an assumption...i just want to know his record/era compared to the kjemus record/era
bball1niner

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:58 am

Where in the last 2 comments have you seen the word average? Both posts said he was good, and that he is just as not good as everyone makes him out to be. And when I put a top ten on here, it was for high school baseball. If I'm not mistaken, he won't be playing high school baseball this year.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby bball1niner » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:44 am

just out of curiosity...isn't the title of this forum Jordan Grover: Simply the Best???..so why in the heck would you have a 2007 top ten pitchers...
bball1niner

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:08 am

just out of curiosity...why the heck are we still talking about Jordan Grover and high school baseball???  since he graduated and all im just wondering?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cash » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:21 pm

bball1niner wrote:just out of curiosity...isn't the title of this forum Jordan Grover: Simply the Best???..so why in the heck would you have a 2007 top ten pitchers...
jordan grover is an overrated player who thinks hes the best, leave it at that, everyone knows it, xpt for himself and you
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:06 pm

cash wrote:
bball1niner wrote:just out of curiosity...isn't the title of this forum Jordan Grover: Simply the Best???..so why in the heck would you have a 2007 top ten pitchers...
jordan grover is an overrated player who thinks hes the best, leave it at that, everyone knows it, xpt for himself and you

Seriously dude, what the heck??  Your sayin hes overrated? How can you say that?  He pitched probably one of the best pitching peformances in the last 5 years.  No one expected Midkota to win, but because Grover was one of the best pitchers in the state last year, he was able to keep them off balance.  Think about it? Your calling him overrated?  Ask Steele-Dawson how he was in the regional tournament? exactly.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:15 pm

i can tell you first hand that the majority of the Steele players didnt have the hearts to play anymore.  when ya play over 100 games in 5 months for a guy whos not the most liked guy in the town people get kinda sick of it and want it to be over, yes they did still try to win bacause they are competitors but all the heart wasnt there.  ill admit he was good in the regional tourney, he was 1 of 2 pitchers to shut out a steele team in legion or high school in 2 years, thats saying something alone, he was a good pitcher.

not takin anything away from him by sayin this because he still got the win, but if you look at the 9 guys on the field in the regional game and the 9 guys who played the state championship, ya would see a few names missing...he told me himself that steele was lucky he didnt pitch against them during state or they would be champs.  nice to say that after the trophy is alreayd in steele's trophy case....

ya beat thompson once, good job.  ya beat steele once in your career, good job. but to say hes "simply the best" is little bit of an over-statement (he didnt even win senior of the year, so that means he wasnt even the best player playing baseball that year).  hes good and thats all i will say. hes not great, hes not the best, hes GOOD!  i wanna say average but the arm he throws with bumps him up to good.
Last edited by baseball on Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:54 pm

baseball wrote:i can tell you first hand that the majority of the Steele players didnt have the hearts to play anymore.  when ya play over 100 games in 5 months for a guy whos not the most liked guy in the town people get kinda sick of it and want it to be over, yes they did still try to win bacause they are competitors but all the heart wasnt there.  ill admit he was good in the regional tourney, he was 1 of 2 pitchers to shut out a steele team in legion or high school in 2 years, thats saying something alone, he was a good pitcher.

not takin anything away from him by sayin this because he still got the win, but if you look at the 9 guys on the field in the regional game and the 9 guys who played the state championship, ya would see a few names missing...he told me himself that steele was lucky he didnt pitch against them during state or they would be champs.  nice to say that after the trophy is alreayd in steele's trophy case....

ya beat thompson once, good job.  ya beat steele once in your career, good job. but to say hes "simply the best" is little bit of an over-statement (he didnt even win senior of the year, so that means he wasnt even the best player playing baseball that year).  hes good and thats all i will say. hes not great, hes not the best, hes GOOD!  i wanna say average but the arm he throws with bumps him up to good.
Is the same guy coaching steele that was coaching back when they went to state in 2002?
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:58 pm

yea he is
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tadam6 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:21 pm

i think ppl are takin the subject a little too seriously....probly just started to see what ppl have to say....just take it easay
tadam6

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:55 pm

tadam6 wrote:i think ppl are takin the subject a little too seriously....probly just started to see what ppl have to say....just take it easay

and thats what i have to say...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:44 pm

tough talk
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:47 pm

baseball: You must tough you seem to have a universal must take my side opinion on every subject.  How many games have you coached I wonder?
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:57 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
cash wrote:

Seriously dude, what the heck??  Your sayin hes overrated? How can you say that?  He pitched probably one of the best pitching peformances in the last 5 years.  No one expected Midkota to win, but because Grover was one of the best pitchers in the state last year, he was able to keep them off balance.  Think about it? Your calling him overrated?  Ask Steele-Dawson how he was in the regional tournament? exactly.

does that make hatton a better hitting club then thompson and steele-dawson? we walked all over Grover last season. If he is the best, we should've won state. I wouldn't put us above either Steele-Dawson or Thompson. They were both great clubs. Thompson beat us out in the section. I mean come on... He's not even close to the best. And it makes him look even worse concidering our number 5 pitcher outpitched him. What was his record last summer? If he was the best, he'd be undefeated. That didn't happen. cash is right. He's very overrated. He wasn't even close to the best. Thinking your the best doesn't make you the best. He may be clutch, but not the best. He was good.

and for bball1niner... your right, this is Jordan Grover: Simply the Best.. But if you would read through this whole topic, you wouldn't see a top 10 from me in this topic.  I have a top 10 in the top 10 topic. And if this is the Jordan Grover: Simply the Best topic, it shouldn't have been created. Looks like there is plenty of people who think he is not the best. So the word "Simply" doesn't fit. It should be titled Jordan Grover: the Best? Fact or Fiction.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby The Schwab » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:14 pm

wow buddy? i cant believe you guys are trying to say that he's overrated....he turned in one of the great pitching performances in state tournament history....the team that he shut out went on to win their next two games BIG
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:29 pm

according to this, he was rated the best. I have seen better. so if he is anything less than the best, it makes him overrated. Put him on Thompson's team from last year, he would have been #4 or #5 for them. He was good, but not, as this topic states, the best. Therefore he is overrated.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby cash » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:57 am

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:according to this, he was rated the best. I have seen better. so if he is anything less than the best, it makes him overrated. Put him on Thompson's team from last year, he would have been #4 or #5 for them. He was good, but not, as this topic states, the best. Therefore he is overrated.
i agree with all your points lately on this subject 110%
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Class B