High School Region 6

High School Region 6

Postby winners&losers » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:31 pm

Who's coming out of this one? Is this going to be a weak region once again? any stand outs??
winners&losers

Re: High School Region 6

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:52 am

Nice cheepshot. Did that make you feel like a winner or a Loser?
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby winners&losers » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:19 pm

no i actually meant because this region has finished 8th the last two years i was wondering if it was still going to be considered a weak one...if anyone has any info about this region, like which team is the team to beat, or any stand out players, i would like to know..that is all
winners&losers

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:52 pm

Velva wins region yet again
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:54 am

I feel Velva is the favorite, but Surrey has a chance to beat them. I feel Surrey has the better pitching between the two teams. Not deeper, but the best top three. Although since the season hasn't started yet I really don't know what to expect. Both teams lost a lot from last year. Oh, and before somebody else says it, i'm from Surrey, I have a biased opinion.

As for the rest of the region, I don't think any of the other teams have enough pitching to make it through the regional tournament.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby niebuhr#81 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:05 am

haha you are one funny guy brady schwan
niebuhr#81
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thatguy422 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:56 pm

niebuhr#81 wrote:haha you are one funny guy brady schwan

Thanks haha. Whats the point in playing a sport if I have no faith in my team? I said it straight out Velva's the favorite.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lovwatchingsports » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:08 am

thatguy422 wrote:I feel Velva is the favorite, but Surrey has a chance to beat them. [b]I feel Surrey has the better pitching between the two teams. Not deeper, but the best top three.[/b] Although since the season hasn't started yet I really don't know what to expect. Both teams lost a lot from last year. Oh, and before somebody else says it, i'm from Surrey, I have a biased opinion.

As for the rest of the region, I don't think any of the other teams have enough pitching to make it through the regional tournament.

How can Velva be the favorite if you can put three pitchers on the mound that are better than any of the Velva's pitchers? :?:
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby thatguy422 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:48 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:I feel Velva is the favorite, but Surrey has a chance to beat them. [b]I feel Surrey has the better pitching between the two teams. Not deeper, but the best top three.[/b] Although since the season hasn't started yet I really don't know what to expect. Both teams lost a lot from last year. Oh, and before somebody else says it, i'm from Surrey, I have a biased opinion.

How can Velva be the favorite if you can put three pitchers on the mound that are better than any of the Velva's pitchers? :?:

I didn't mean it as in our three pitcher is better than their one pitcher. And last time I checked there's more to baseball than just pitching. Surrey's going to have some ginormous holes in the field and in the batting order unless some younger kids can step up. Velva will have a more solid 1-9 at the plate and in the field.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winners&losers » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:43 pm

i realize that surrey has dallas klassen and brady schwan, and those two are very good pitchers, but who does velva have now? and how are they not as good as surrey's top three?? i guess i just need some reasoning behind these decisions
winners&losers

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:34 pm

winners&losers wrote:i realize that surrey has dallas klassen and brady schwan, and those two are very good pitchers, but who does velva have now? and how are they not as good as surrey's top three?? i guess i just need some reasoning behind these decisions

Garrett Wible, Ty Bruner, Jon Mack, Austin Kittelson
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby thatguy422 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:10 am

lovwatchingsports wrote:
winners&losers wrote:i realize that surrey has dallas klassen and brady schwan, and those two are very good pitchers, but who does velva have now? and how are they not as good as surrey's top three?? i guess i just need some reasoning behind these decisions

Are they in that order? Garret Wible the ace Ty Bruner 2nd Jon Mack 3rd and Austin Kittelson 4th? Will Zach Podolle pitch this year or mostly just catcher? I know he has pitched in the past.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:13 am

lovwatchingsports wrote:

Velva has better experience and depth than Surrey.
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby winners&losers » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:40 pm

thatguy422 wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:

Are they in that order? Garret Wible the ace Ty Bruner 2nd Jon Mack 3rd and Austin Kittelson 4th? Will Zach Podolle pitch this year or mostly just catcher? I know he has pitched in the past.

i'm sure that it doesn't go in that order, the top three in garrett wible, jon mack, and ty bruner could all easily be the three aces.
winners&losers

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:48 pm

winners&losers wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:

i'm sure that it doesn't go in that order, the top three in garrett wible, jon mack, and ty bruner could all easily be the three aces.

I don't know if I would consider Wible an ace. He is good but gets rattled easy.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby thatguy422 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:00 am

gobison#6 wrote:
winners&losers wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:

I don't know if I would consider Wible an ace. He is good but gets rattled easy.

I'm rather sure he will be considered their ace this year... Last year it was between Wible and Weidler, and Weidler was too inconsistent. I've never really seen Wible get rattled. He generally can at least keep throwing strikes.
And that's just how I would picture the order, Wible then Bruner then I'm not sure after that. Just judging by playing them in the past.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Class B