2007 pitching

Postby nike07 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:28 am

what are some of your opinions, heres some, tyler and aaron kjehmus, callias and backes from ryan, lorenz from harvey, the two kids from lamoure, the kid for grafton that throws mid 80s, alderback from lakota, what are some others, i know the pitchers like the grafton kid and lorenz will dominte because of how hard they throw + the addition of wood bats, also another good one is mark bakum from steele, he'll be really good, those are the ovbious ones, what are some other ones?
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:36 am

How can you still say "the two kids from Lamoure" i think they have been talked about enough to have an idea that if you know what your talking about you can say their names, Watkins and Holen.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby power-aid14 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:12 am

nike07 wrote:what are some of your opinions, heres some, tyler and aaron kjehmus, callias and backes from ryan, lorenz from harvey, the two kids from lamoure, the kid for grafton that throws mid 80s, alderback from lakota, what are some others, i know the pitchers like the grafton kid and lorenz will dominte because of how hard they throw + the addition of wood bats, also another good one is mark bakum from steele, he'll be really good, those are the ovbious ones, what are some other ones?

Kallias and Backes from ryan are also only going to be juniors i believe
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tanner lorenz » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:57 pm

nike07 wrote:what are some of your opinions, heres some, tyler and aaron kjehmus, callias and backes from ryan, lorenz from harvey, the two kids from lamoure, the kid for grafton that throws mid 80s, alderback from lakota, what are some others, i know the pitchers like the grafton kid and lorenz will dominte because of how hard they throw + the addition of wood bats, also another good one is mark bakum from steele, he'll be really good, those are the ovbious ones, what are some other ones?
yea come on man, get the names right, haha :D, i heard olderbach hurt his arm again, is this true, but i think their are a lot more good pitchers out there, i kno i saw that grafton kid pitch and hes really good, cole krueger from bishop ryan from what ive heard throws low 80s and will have potential this year, ross severson from dakota prairie will be decent, seth nichols is decent as well, what are some others
tanner lorenz

Postby baseball » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:28 pm

Harding up in Midkota should be alright.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:20 am

baseball wrote:Harding up in Midkota should be alright.
hes pretty good, his curveball is his best pitch because his fastball isint the greatest, but if he can get it inside he'll be successful
tanner lorenz

Postby baseball » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:30 pm

he's also got 2 years left, he will only be a junior.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:51 pm

So of all the kids we have mentioned are Lorenz and the Khemjus twins the only seniors?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:41 pm

bakkum is a senior, i would be willing to bet that one of the two lamours players, holen and watkins might be a senior or both of them
tanner lorenz

Postby bisonman » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:45 pm

holen is a soph in the 07 year i believe.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:46 pm

alright, thanx, anyone know watkins age?
tanner lorenz

Postby baseball » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:13 pm

watkins and holen will both be juniors.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:01 am

baseball wrote:watkins and holen will both be juniors.
man, they have a lot of talent for many years to come, they will be a pretty solid team in hs i supose
tanner lorenz

Postby bisonman » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:09 am

baseball was correct, they will both be juniors, i couldn't quite remember exactly holens age from basketabll.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby nike07 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:37 am

well, from all the pitchers on teh list, could we say that the top 5 would be the 2 kjehmus's, lorenz, the grafton kid, and holen or watkins?
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:04 am

how can people say kids are the best when they dont know their names??? it started with "the 2 kids from LaMoure" and now its "the kid from grafton"...... but you are right them 2 from thompson, that one from harvey, and the 2 from lamoure are very good?  narrows it down alot huh?
Last edited by baseball on Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nike07 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:13 am

ok, klinske from grafton, lorenz from harvey, aaron and tyler kjehmus of thompson, and watkins and holen from lamoure, hows that
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballplayer » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:51 pm

i do believe the bakkum kid is going to be a senior. correct me if im wrong on that. So if he is going to be a senior i believe i would throw him in the mix as well. From what i saw at the state tournament he was top three with grover and the schaefer kid from langdon.  And i do believe they both graduated.
footballplayer

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:26 pm

Top ten pitchers next year:
1. Lorenz--90, 91, 92? how hard will he consistently be able to throw next year?

2. Bakkum--If he pitches how he showed he can at state he can hold down this spot.

3. Righty Khemjus--Throws hard, keeps ball down

4. Lefty Khemjus--Can be 4 just because he is left-handed and has proven himself.

5. Klinske--never seen him but you guys on here seem pretty impressed with him.

6. the next 5 i am uncertain but all of these kids should be good: Ross Severson, Seth Nichols, Michael Mack, Brooks Backes, Clay Kallias, Sheldon Harding
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:32 pm

a name that will be mentioned alot on here next spring is Nick Lang. underrated pitcher, good 3rd baseman, good catcher but steele had berreth back there so noone knew he caught, good 8 hitter who hit 4 in legion.

Adam Randall will be a freshman at Steele too and he led the team in BA for most of the summer.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:14 pm

baseball wrote:a name that will be mentioned alot on here next spring is Nick Lang. underrated pitcher, good 3rd baseman, good catcher but steele had berreth back there so noone knew he caught, good 8 hitter who hit 4 in legion.

Adam Randall will be a freshman at Steele too and he led the team in BA for most of the summer.
 how many langs are there, i dont even know which one your talking about, there was like 6 for your team this year :D randall is a stud for how old he was, he is a player to watch
tanner lorenz

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:43 pm

Randall is a pretty good pitcher. He got a nice curveball for his age.  Kinda gets mad at the umps quite a bit. Atleast he was when i played against him.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballer2 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:44 pm

Nick is a good pitcher... better then me thats for sure...  he should be the number 2 pitcher instead of bakkum... hes got a lot of ability and has a different arm angle with a good curveball... this year will be his time to shine on the mound and at the plate... look for nick lang to have a breakout year and be the best player in his region...
Last edited by bballer2 on Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballer2 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:46 pm

hoopsstar2391 wrote:Randall is a pretty good pitcher. He got a nice curveball for his age.  Kinda gets mad at the umps quite a bit. Atleast he was when i played against him.

Randall will be the future for the steele-dawson baseball and basketball teams... the kid is an athlete and has a good attitude and is mature for his age...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:46 pm

i've never seen him throw, but he was pretty good at ss this year, and for only being 14, if he dosent do well this year, he will in the years to come
tanner lorenz

Next

Return to Class B