2007 pitching

Postby Big Hitter » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:03 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:How about Nichols from Dakota Prairie? I have not seen him pitch but I read in an article in the Grand Forks Herald that baseball was his best sport.

He is 6'5 and can really throw the football, my guess is that he would be a power pitcher.

He is an alright pitcher, he throws hard but has some trouble hitting the strike zone.
Big Hitter

Postby knights4 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:33 am

I dont think Narloch is even close to top ten he was the third starter on his legion team, his curve is fine but easy to pick up.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:53 pm

pro341 wrote:
cash wrote:
magic715 wrote:
thunderbaseball_38 wrote:Here is who I would put in the top 10. I got them from who I think would have the best chance at playing somewhere in college, not just who is the best as of this year.

1. Anthony Kilinske... Grafton

2. Tanner Lorenz... Harvey

3. Clay Callias... Bishop Ryan

4. Brooks Backes... Bishop Ryan

5. Ben Watkins... Lamoure

6. Tyler Kjemhus... Thompson

7. Jake Cooley... Thompson (give him another year and you'll see why)

8. Andrew Mikkelson... Central Valley

9. Seth Nichols... Dakota Prairie ( I said before he isn't an outstanding pitcher, but he is only a junior, he could step it up.)

10. Jacob Narloch... Minto

Well just to put in my 2 bits, i dont know all the pitchers at all in the state, but i am sure there are a few we dont know about that maybe were on poor teams or they were the only pitcher on the team,  and didnt make it anywhere. But I would have to say Klinske is my #1 , and potential wise yes i believe Lorenz is #2, then i would believe Bakkum would have to be up there, the a kid with a ton of potential but not alot of size is Brooks Backes and i also believe Clay Kallias is or will be even or ahead of Backes by the time he graduates, cause Kallias is more driven in baseball than Backes. Kjelmhus or the Kjelmhus' dont know alot about them, is one better than the other? But at least one of them probably belongs there. Cant comment on the others, i am pretty sure i saw Watkins, but i dont remember what he looked like pitching. Alot of potential on guys is how good are there mechanics not if they are getting people out now, if u dont have good mechanics u wont make it at any college as a pitcher.
you gotta believe the top 2 have good mechanics, they both throw 90 mph :D

All you East guys completely forgot about Misek from Turtle Lake. He's a Senior this year and will dominate again. Plus, he's already visited a top ND college and been offered a scholarship. I know that the baseball world in ND revolves around Thompson but the West has some athletes too.

The baseball world doesn't revolve Thompson at all. They aren't going to be top in the region this year.. I'd say they will get third tops.. I'd easily put Hatton-Northwood and Central Valley ahead of them. Do you know anything about those 2 teams? Probably not much because they haven't been to state recently.. I've haven't seen too many people out west pitch, I've seen a couple from Minot Ryan, and a couple from Velva.. Otherwise I can't say I've seen much.. It's hard to put someone on a list if you've never seen them pitch.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:39 pm

being from region 2, i agree with you for this season but for the past three years class b high school baseball has revolved around thompson. I mean it didn't matter if they or another team won state, it was because of them.  last year they flat out didn't show up so another team won the state title. No disrespect to bakkum and co. but if thompson wouldn't of lost i am not sure of steele dawson would have won state. And when thompson played together their was no question who would win. that was the only team like that in a long time. a team who was by far the most talented team and when they really wanted it and played together they won it. and i am only talking about the last three years. this would have been like ifcavalier's football team would have fought with each other and lost to beulah by twenty five and the next year dominate. the only reason i went on this rant was to prove that for the last couple of years north dakota baseball has revolved around thompson.
PA42

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:58 pm

horne98 wrote:being from region 2, i agree with you for this season but for the past three years class b high school baseball has revolved around thompson. I mean it didn't matter if they or another team won state, it was because of them.  last year they flat out didn't show up so another team won the state title. No disrespect to bakkum and co. but if thompson wouldn't of lost i am not sure of steele dawson would have won state. And when thompson played together their was no question who would win. that was the only team like that in a long time. a team who was by far the most talented team and when they really wanted it and played together they won it. and i am only talking about the last three years. this would have been like ifcavalier's football team would have fought with each other and lost to beulah by twenty five and the next year dominate. the only reason i went on this rant was to prove that for the last couple of years north dakota baseball has revolved around thompson.

So what your saying is, in the last three years, any team that has beat Thompson should get no credit for the win? It all depended on if Thompson felt like they wanted to play or not.. That's saying Thompson could pick and choose which games they won, and which games they lost.. It doesn't work that way... Teams that have controlled the world of a sport: Cavalier in football, and Larimore in Girls Basketball.. Those both had long winning streaks covering more than just one season.. No one controls the world of baseball.. You have to prove that you can't lose to control it.. Thompson had been beatin, they didn't choose to lose, they got beat..
thunderbaseball_38

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:26 pm

no i don't think it was about a team picking and choosing when they were going to win. i never saidthe reason thompson lost because it was a lack of effort, it wasn't. it was a lack of focus. i don't know if it was me but the last couple of years it has seemed like how well thompson plays will determine who is the state champion. i don't mean any disrespect to teams that beat thompson or made it to the state tournament i just felt like they had the most baseball talent in the state. hands down.
PA42

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:32 pm

horne98 wrote: no i don't think it was about a team picking and choosing when they were going to win. i never saidthe reason thompson lost because it was a lack of effort, it wasn't. it was a lack of focus. i don't know if it was me but the last couple of years it has seemed like how well thompson plays will determine who is the state champion. i don't mean any disrespect to teams that beat thompson or made it to the state tournament i just felt like they had the most baseball talent in the state. hands down.

I agree completely. Thompson has had by far the most "talent". However there were games I have watched them play where they just looked dis interested, or worn out, or something where they just went through the motions. They blew everyone away two years ago in the high school state and then never won another state tournament. Its almost like they felt they could show up and win. When they had something to prove a few years back they took everyone to the woodshed. Bottom line is they became complacent and didnt build on their success.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballer2 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:43 pm

horne98 wrote:being from region 2, i agree with you for this season but for the past three years class b high school baseball has revolved around thompson. I mean it didn't matter if they or another team won state, it was because of them.  last year they flat out didn't show up so another team won the state title. No disrespect to bakkum and co. but if thompson wouldn't of lost i am not sure of steele dawson would have won state. And when thompson played together their was no question who would win. that was the only team like that in a long time. a team who was by far the most talented team and when they really wanted it and played together they won it. and i am only talking about the last three years. this would have been like ifcavalier's football team would have fought with each other and lost to beulah by twenty five and the next year dominate. the only reason i went on this rant was to prove that for the last couple of years north dakota baseball has revolved around thompson.

lol ok i know i am biased and all but i mean we did beat them in 04 also and they were supposed to be the team to beat... wurtz threw and we hit him fairly hard... 06 ya probably a different story... they had the best team and probably woulda hit me very hard... but they werent there... so u cannot blame steele for that...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:00 pm

i can agree for this for the last 2 years only.  3 years ago cavalier was coming off a repeat state title and returning their best players again.  i would say the baseball in Nd revolved around Cavalier until Trenbeth's graduation.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:53 am

you are right, see the point i was trying to make was that baseball can revolve around one team, cavalier was an excellent team. and i give steele all the credit in the world, they played a great tournament and seem to be a class act.
PA42

Postby baseball9 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:23 am

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:Here is who I would put in the top 10. I got them from who I think would have the best chance at playing somewhere in college, not just who is the best as of this year.

9. Seth Nichols... Dakota Prairie ( I said before he isn't an outstanding pitcher, but he is only a junior, he could step it up.)

although i dont agree with narloch up there. Tyler Kjemhus needs to be moved up. are you serious?
baseball9

Postby baseball9 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:25 am

InTheKnow wrote:Ben Holen- Lamoure

Aaron Kjemus- Thompson

Nick Tollefson- Lamoure

Mark Backum- Steel-Dawson

As far as Narloch all four of the above guys would belong on the list above him and probably several others. He is definately a good player but not in a top 10 list. He doesnt hit as well as his older brother Tyler and doesnt snif his oldest brother Brett on the mound. 85 left handed and a breaking ball gets you alot of strikeouts (100 his last year of legion I heard). Dont get me wrong he is a solid player but if you are talking potential for players who could play college I would put Mozinski over him on his same legion team.

As far as seeing Sitzer's curveball early was that when he pitched left handed or right handed? :D

Aaron can throw gas. but, he is not a control guy. He just didnt pitch much until this season. Tyler is the better pitcher of the two.
baseball9

Postby tdub22 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:46 am

Yeah Anderson from Midkota will post a good record
tdub22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby tdub22 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:54 am

Nichols can throw hard but he hasnt really thrown a curveball that well it really does not matter because Midkota is gonna beat them. They have Quick Duffy and Anderson who can hit the ball off of anyone
tdub22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby InTheKnow » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:09 pm

baseball wrote:

i can agree for this for the last 2 years only.  3 years ago cavalier was coming off a repeat state title and returning their best players again.  i would say the baseball in Nd revolved around Cavalier until Trenbeth's graduation.

I will disagree with cavalier because how many Legion trips did Cavalier make it to state during that run. Zero. They got some good matchups early at state and were able to use Trenbath late in the tournament and not early. Yes they had some good teams that DID win state, but they did not put any type of fear of getting throtteled into teams in the NE part of the state like Thompson did the past few years. Thompson has proved it from one season to the next through the entire year.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball11 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:59 pm

InTheKnow wrote:I will disagree with cavalier because how many Legion trips did Cavalier make it to state during that run. Zero.

They don't have a legion team.......
baseball11

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:05 am

tdub22 wrote:Nichols can throw hard but he hasnt really thrown a curveball that well it really does not matter because Midkota is gonna beat them. They have Quick Duffy and Anderson who can hit the ball off of anyone
I doubt it...Dakota Prairie will be far better than Midkota this season, the only really good member of the Midkota team this year is their coach, if you think quick can hit, you are wrong, he's horrible, if he's one of their best hitters theres something wrong, the hardings aren't bad players though...but I think Midkota is a low caliber team this year...
baseball1981

Postby Big Hitter » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:55 am

Just giving some stats to start the season Lakota's Johansen is 2-0 with a .50 era with 17k's Olderbak is 1-0 with a 1.00 era and 12k's.
Big Hitter

Postby baseball » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:58 am

baseball1981 wrote:
tdub22 wrote:Nichols can throw hard but he hasnt really thrown a curveball that well it really does not matter because Midkota is gonna beat them. They have Quick Duffy and Anderson who can hit the ball off of anyone
I doubt it...Dakota Prairie will be far better than Midkota this season, the only really good member of the Midkota team this year is their coach, if you think quick can hit, you are wrong, he's horrible, if he's one of their best hitters theres something wrong, the hardings aren't bad players though...but I think Midkota is a low caliber team this year...

which is why they will be a conteder for the region once again.  isnt Joel Anderson a senior this year too?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tadam6 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:00 pm

hows lakota be in the summer when legion starts?
tadam6

Postby tadam6 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:25 pm

baseball9 wrote:

although i dont agree with narloch up there. Tyler Kjemhus needs to be moved up. are you serious?

sorry but i dont think jake cooley has earned a spot in the top 10 yet...give him a couple years to develop and then we'll see where he stands...
tadam6

Postby ndfan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:49 pm

[user=215]InTheKnow[/user] wrote:
baseball wrote:

I will disagree with cavalier because how many Legion trips did Cavalier make it to state during that run. Zero. They got some good matchups early at state and were able to use Trenbath late in the tournament and not early. Yes they had some good teams that DID win state, but they did not put any type of fear of getting throtteled into teams in the NE part of the state like Thompson did the past few years. Thompson has proved it from one season to the next through the entire year.

HAHA you make me laugh.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dizza30 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:29 pm

baseball1981 wrote:

he is not horrible...you are stupid.. he makes contact and thats all you have to do against a class b team....Dakota Prairie is tough but midkota is no low caliber team
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Hitter » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:49 am

tadam6 wrote:
baseball9 wrote:

sorry but i dont think jake cooley has earned a spot in the top 10 yet...give him a couple years to develop and then we'll see where he stands...
I think it is a good list but James Olderbak deserves to be on there from Lakota!
Big Hitter

Postby Big Hitter » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:52 am

baseball wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

which is why they will be a conteder for the region once again.  isnt Joel Anderson a senior this year too?
Anderson is a senior along with Sheldon and Garett Harding who are pretty good players Duffy is a good player too. We beat DP I thought they were solid but nothin to write home to mama about.
Big Hitter

PreviousNext

Return to Class B