2007 pitching

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:59 pm

how much do u guys think wood bats will effect hitting?
tanner lorenz

Postby bballer2 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:03 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:how much do u guys think wood bats will effect hitting?

it will drop the batting averages 100 points atleast for most hitters... wont get the bloops singles off the handles... and most of the homeruns that are hit out wont be the same... dont get me wrong if you hit one on the right spot it goes... its just to find that spot... so im saying .100 percent will be dropped for each persons batting average and 2 homers will be a lot of homers in a season...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:05 pm

bballer2 wrote:
tanner lorenz wrote:how much do u guys think wood bats will effect hitting?

it will drop the batting averages 100 points atleast for most hitters... wont get the bloops singles off the handles... and most of the homeruns that are hit out wont be the same... dont get me wrong if you hit one on the right spot it goes... its just to find that spot... so im saying .100 percent will be dropped for each persons batting average and 2 homers will be a lot of homers in a season...
i agree with u 100%, but heres another thought, will it make it harder on infielders, because of the amount of slow grounders??
tanner lorenz

Postby footballplayer » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:49 pm

Like bballer2 said and baseball said in a different topic the sweet spot is just as good just not big.  Now pitchers have an upper hand with the 7 8 and 9 hitters where they cant hit at all and just end up swingin and get a bloop hit in to the shallow outfield.  It will now be a pitcher dominated game and with one team havin atleast one shut down pitcher it will be tough to win a game against them.  About the infeilders, the great ones will adjust easily the good ones shouldn't have to much of a problem but the teams with the bad infielders that jsut sit and wait for the ball to come to them will struggle.  You can expect to see a lot of infield hits against a team like that.

footballplayer

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:50 pm

yea, i agree
tanner lorenz

Postby nike07 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:24 am

i think bballer2 has a lot of good points, homeruns will go down but i dont think they will go down that much, 2 hrs is a lot, thats maybe a little much, i'd say maybe 4 or 5 is a great yeear with wood bats, 2 is decent, not disagreeing, IMO
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsguy2 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:39 pm

holen and watkins are both jrs this comming season
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kvrnm » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:57 pm

tyler burnett and jens aafedt r pretty good pitcher for willsiton trinty
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:58 pm

i've heard that burnett is a pretty good pitcher, what grade is he in this year
tanner lorenz

Postby power-aid14 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:31 pm

kvrnm wrote:tyler burnett and jens aafedt r pretty good pitcher for willsiton trinty

the jens aafedt that gave up 20 runs to bishop ryan, a team that could barely score at state?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kvrnm » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:10 pm

tyler burnett is a sophmore, and no that wasnt jens who gave up 20 runs. that was another pitcher named andrew banta, who has little experience at pitching.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:53 pm

kvrnm wrote:tyler burnett is a sophmore, and no that wasnt jens who gave up 20 runs. that was another pitcher named andrew banta, who has little experience at pitching.

i played in the game i know it was jens
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kvrnm » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:31 pm

ok ill take your word for it, but if it was him, im sure it was becus we absolutely struggle at fielding. i dont member him givin up 20 tho, was that his freshman yr?
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:50 pm

how hard does aafeldt throw, and does he have control or any breaking pitches
tanner lorenz

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:51 pm

nope it was at regionals and yea there were maybe 10 earned runs becuz of defensive lapses, final score: 20-0 in 5 innings
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:56 pm

that dosen't sound like too good of an outing, i dont know if i'd put him near the top 10 pitchers in the state, but if what it sounds like, if hes young, maybe he could progress
tanner lorenz

Postby kvrnm » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:01 pm

ya we had a very week team so im not gonna blame it on jens. he also has the best cuveball on the team. he can pitch he was one of the top pitchers on his 16 yr old team this year.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby 24/7ndfan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:55 pm

tanner lorenz wrote:bakkum is a senior, i would be willing to bet that one of the two lamours players, holen and watkins might be a senior or both of them

Holen and Watkins will both be juniors in the 06-07 school year.
24/7ndfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:14 pm

24/7ndfan wrote:
tanner lorenz wrote:bakkum is a senior, i would be willing to bet that one of the two lamours players, holen and watkins might be a senior or both of them

Holen and Watkins will both be juniors in the 06-07 school year.
sweet, they will be tough
tanner lorenz

Postby The Ambassador » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:03 pm

[font=verdana]the game that Jens aafedt gave up 20 runs he gave up 8 hits, 5 of which were bunt singles because the starting third basemen was out wiht a concussion from falling out of a tree while messing a round and the backup was very weak. The third basemen had 5 errors, the short stop had 2 errors, the second baseman had 1 error, and the firstbasemen dropped several very easy outs because he is horrible but his dad is a coach.....Aafedt doesnt over power people but he has a good curveball and can throw a pretty good knuckleball a couple times a game.....[/font]
The Ambassador

Postby nike07 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:56 am

u sure his knuckleball dosent work 3 times per game instead of 2, because thats a lot of sucess with that pitch, what the other 10 times the knuck sucked are homeruns or doubles?
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:05 am

if the knuck doesnt work right its still a change up buddy. maybe get a few guys lunging
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby region1 football » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:29 am

looking at legion baseball lamoure will have 3 for sure go to pitchers. Ben Holen grade 11, Ben Watkins grade 11, and nick tolifson grade 11. All three of these kids proved that they are goin to be stars for this team last year.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:34 am

I'd put Jake Cooley in the top ten. He's a lefty, has alot of movement, and is very accurate. His talent was hidden behind many talented pitchers from Thompson. He'll stick out a little more this year. He is alot more concistant than either of Kjemhus's. He doesn't throw as hard, but he throws alot more strikes, and doesn't walk as many as the Kjemhus's. Seth Nichols was nothing special last year. He hit great, and played great in the field, but his pitching was nothing more than average.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby PA42 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:57 am

i would not put jake cooley in the top ten. No offense to him he is a good young player, i just don't think he's ready to be a put on a top ten list. His pitches have a lot of movement, its very loopy. Some players can hit the crap out of it while others can't. I would be safe to say that he will be their second or third option this season but no more than that.
PA42

PreviousNext

Return to Class B