2007 pitching

Postby Big Hitter » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:54 am

tadam6 wrote:hows lakota be in the summer when legion starts?

Probably average at best. we dont have the co-op with other schools like some other teams and we dont really have anyone coming back and playing from college so probably average
Big Hitter

Postby ricky bobby » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:22 pm

Big Hitter wrote:
baseball wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
tdub22 wrote:Nichols can throw hard but he hasnt really thrown a curveball that well it really does not matter because Midkota is gonna beat them. They have Quick Duffy and Anderson who can hit the ball off of anyone
I doubt it...Dakota Prairie will be far better than Midkota this season, the only really good member of the Midkota team this year is their coach, if you think quick can hit, you are wrong, he's horrible, if he's one of their best hitters theres something wrong, the hardings aren't bad players though...but I think Midkota is a low caliber team this year...

which is why they will be a conteder for the region once again.  isnt Joel Anderson a senior this year too?
Anderson is a senior along with Sheldon and Garett Harding who are pretty good players Duffy is a good player too. We beat DP I thought they were solid but nothin to write home to mama about.

sheldon harding is a junior and is a great short stop
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:01 pm

ricky bobby wrote:
Big Hitter wrote:
baseball wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
tdub22 wrote:Nichols can throw hard but he hasnt really thrown a curveball that well it really does not matter because Midkota is gonna beat them. They have Quick Duffy and Anderson who can hit the ball off of anyone
I doubt it...Dakota Prairie will be far better than Midkota this season, the only really good member of the Midkota team this year is their coach, if you think quick can hit, you are wrong, he's horrible, if he's one of their best hitters theres something wrong, the hardings aren't bad players though...but I think Midkota is a low caliber team this year...

which is why they will be a conteder for the region once again.  isnt Joel Anderson a senior this year too?
Anderson is a senior along with Sheldon and Garett Harding who are pretty good players Duffy is a good player too. We beat DP I thought they were solid but nothin to write home to mama about.

sheldon harding is a junior and is a great short stop
i agree, sheldon is definatley one of the top fielders in the region, his hitting can be poor sometimes, but i think he's a very good player, especially as a sophomore last year, he can also throw strikes pitching too
baseball1981

Postby tadam6 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Big Hitter wrote:

Probably average at best. we dont have the co-op with other schools like some other teams and we dont really have anyone coming back and playing from college so probably average

does lakota even have any college players at all?
tadam6

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:25 pm

tadam6 wrote:
Big Hitter wrote:

does lakota even have any college players at all?
nope
baseball1981

Postby twinsfan88 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:41 am

Obviously you haven't seen Quick or Duffy play. They are hitting better then Harding or Anderson. Look at the sports section of the jamestown paper. I have been to all of their games. Quick never even played last year cause he was only a sophmore.
twinsfan88

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:37 pm

twinsfan88 wrote:Obviously you haven't seen Quick or Duffy play. They are hitting better then Harding or Anderson. Look at the sports section of the jamestown paper. I have been to all of their games. Quick never even played last year cause he was only a sophmore.
i have seen quick play...hes ok..i guess, duffy is good along with harding and anderson, they are a good team no doubt bout it, i just dont htink they have the arms like they did last year, soi dont think theyll go to state
baseball1981

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:45 am

baseball9 wrote:
thunderbaseball_38 wrote:Here is who I would put in the top 10. I got them from who I think would have the best chance at playing somewhere in college, not just who is the best as of this year.

1. Anthony Kilinske... Grafton

2. Tanner Lorenz... Harvey

3. Clay Callias... Bishop Ryan

4. Brooks Backes... Bishop Ryan

5. Ben Watkins... Lamoure

6. Tyler Kjemhus... Thompson

7. Jake Cooley... Thompson (give him another year and you'll see why)

8. Andrew Mikkelson... Central Valley

9. Seth Nichols... Dakota Prairie ( I said before he isn't an outstanding pitcher, but he is only a junior, he could step it up.)

10. Jacob Narloch... Minto

how are these pitchers all doing now???????????
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:46 am

fontana from central cass is a good pitcher also
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ace_07 » Wed May 30, 2007 5:40 pm

ndfootball06 wrote:
coachk wrote:I have to lean towards cash's reply. I see alot of baseball throughout the state as a retired or just tired coach. There are alot of teams in the state that have some outstanding pitchers that are probably better than the ones mentioned not to take credit away from those who are. Those not mentioned are probably on teams that have only one or two good to great players thus not getting the media attention. There is a kid from Oakes that I saw last year that was I felt probably one of the better ones i have seen in the state last year. I also saw a big kid from Galchutt who threw quit well and very fast. not a 90 mph (which is very very rare) but am quessing in the low 80's which is a quality pitcher. I can't believe but not saying it is'nt true that the pitchers talked about in this forum throw in the 90's. I have been around baseball long enough to see 90 mph and really haven't seen many players who do. Don't go off of radar guns as most of the ones you purchase are not accurate or go by what someone is guessing.

Misek's curveball isnt a plus curve...its average at best...he throws decent speed...and i never saw a cutter when i faced him summer '06...and now his arm has gone down the crapper...and plus i heard he only won like 3 games during high school...so i dont know how you expect him to compete in Section 8 or with teams from the Thompson region if they should make it to state.
You're killin me smalls!
Ace_07
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Class B