Postby baseball1402 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:48 pm

ltownheroes wrote:i have them in this order:
Thompson
Central Valley/Hillsboro
Larimore
MPCG
Midway/Minto
Hatton/Northwood

Im goin like this. 1/2. Thompson and CV-H 3.MPCG. 4. Midway/Minto. 5. Larimore 6. Hatton-Northwood
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Re: How will region 2 baseball end up?

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:16 am

Like last year it is going to be very balanced. You could probably throw all the teams names in a hat and come up with just as good a guess. I think Thompson, CV, MPCG, and MM could all finish at the top. Larimore and HN are probably not likely to finish at the top but not out of the realm of possibility to finish 3rd or 4th. Going to be an interesting season. will weather force games to be bunched up? Could make pitching depth a huge factor.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby legionball4life » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:52 pm

1. Central Valley- They hardly lost anyone last year. Two or three people. They and MPCG have the deepest pitching staff

2. Thompson- When aren't they good? Most of the kids are back and i am not sure if its in the water, but there are so many athletic players that come out of Thompson.

3. MPCG- They are by far the 'biggest' team meaning they are the strongest, they have a very deep pitching staff, and their hitting will be second to none.

4. M-M- They lost 7 seniors last year, but they have kids that can fill their spots. I know a huge factor to M-M are the hispanics. Gabrial Garza their short stop last year, has been playing baseball since december. I heard(other hispanic friend) that he has a very good chance of being the varsity stud in his school in Texas. He will be a huge factor to M-M's success if he comes for the spring season, along with Sammy Gonzalez and Rodney Martinez. M-M lack a strong hitting lineup, but with kelley at the top of the rotation, M-M will put up a fight in every game

5. Larimore- Only lost a few, expect kyle kleven to be the stud of the team for his ability to play many different positions.
6. H/N lost way to much in their seniors last year. This will be their rebuilding year so expect them to come back in 2011 very strong.
legionball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ltownheroes » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:07 pm

legionball4life wrote:1. Central Valley- They hardly lost anyone last year. Two or three people. They and MPCG have the deepest pitching staff

2. Thompson- When aren't they good? Most of the kids are back and i am not sure if its in the water, but there are so many athletic players that come out of Thompson.

3. MPCG- They are by far the 'biggest' team meaning they are the strongest, they have a very deep pitching staff, and their hitting will be second to none.

4. M-M- They lost 7 seniors last year, but they have kids that can fill their spots. I know a huge factor to M-M are the hispanics. Gabrial Garza their short stop last year, has been playing baseball since december. I heard(other hispanic friend) that he has a very good chance of being the varsity stud in his school in Texas. He will be a huge factor to M-M's success if he comes for the spring season, along with Sammy Gonzalez and Rodney Martinez. M-M lack a strong hitting lineup, but with kelley at the top of the rotation, M-M will put up a fight in every game

5. Larimore- Only lost a few, expect kyle kleven to be the stud of the team for his ability to play many different positions.
6. H/N lost way to much in their seniors last year. This will be their rebuilding year so expect them to come back in 2011 very strong.

i think travis pearce from larimore is poised for a big season too- he was a good athlete in football and basketball. he's a left handed hitter, and pretty slick in center field for the polar bears.. idk if midway will be all that great tho, they lost a lot
ltownheroes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Mullet » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:29 pm

Hatton Northwood wins it. They may even take state this year. Don't let them surprise you.
The Mullet
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:39 am

ltownheroes wrote:
legionball4life wrote:1. Central Valley- They hardly lost anyone last year. Two or three people. They and MPCG have the deepest pitching staff

i think travis pearce from larimore is poised for a big season too- he was a good athlete in football and basketball. he's a left handed hitter, and pretty slick in center field for the polar bears.. idk if midway will be all that great tho, they lost a lot

They lost Angel Lopez, Michael Schutt and Jordan Linstad. Brock Riskey is easily replaced with the younger players they have who are way more talented. Those 3 mentioned first are good players but replaceable by the younger guys. Schanilec will roam center and track down everything with his speed. Garza will be rock solid at SS. Nathan Linstad lead the team in hitting as a Freshman and was arguably the most dominant pitcher at the State BR tournament. Lucas Kelly will be solid on the mound again this year. I dont see them being down at all. Their younger players have been more successful at every level so far.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:54 pm

ltownheroes wrote:i have them in this order:
Thompson
Central Valley/Hillsboro
Larimore
MPCG
Midway/Minto
Hatton/Northwood

I agree with you cept I'll move Midway/Minto up to 3 and slide everyone else down one. But Thompson and CVH are clearly the top 2 here
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:48 pm

The Mullet wrote:Hatton Northwood wins it. They may even take state this year. Don't let them surprise you.

They lost a lot
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby boog » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Heard Jace Ingebretson will not be playing this spring for Mayville.

Im gonna go with Thompson to get back to state this year, its been a couple years. :D
boog
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tigger » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:28 am

boog wrote:Heard Jace Ingebretson will not be playing this spring for Mayville.

What's the deal there? That's a pretty big loss if it's true.

I would expect MPCG vs. Thompson for the championship based on talent
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby whompa » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:59 pm

InTheKnow wrote:Like last year it is going to be very balanced. You could probably throw all the teams names in a hat and come up with just as good a guess. I think Thompson, CV, MPCG, and MM could all finish at the top. Larimore and HN are probably not likely to finish at the top but not out of the realm of possibility to finish 3rd or 4th. Going to be an interesting season. will weather force games to be bunched up? Could make pitching depth a huge factor.

Haha I would not call last year very balanced, H-N lost one, maybe two games all year in the region, I'd say they dominated the tournament as well...After that team it was balanced, but it's fairly safe to say that Hatton-Northwood dominated this region last year.
whompa
NDPreps Reserve

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:15 am

whompa wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:Like last year it is going to be very balanced. You could probably throw all the teams names in a hat and come up with just as good a guess. I think Thompson, CV, MPCG, and MM could all finish at the top. Larimore and HN are probably not likely to finish at the top but not out of the realm of possibility to finish 3rd or 4th. Going to be an interesting season. will weather force games to be bunched up? Could make pitching depth a huge factor.

Haha I would not call last year very balanced, H-N lost one, maybe two games all year in the region, I'd say they dominated the tournament as well...After that team it was balanced, but it's fairly safe to say that Hatton-Northwood dominated this region last year.

Yup it was not balanced at all with one week to play last year..... H-N was the best team and deserved to win but to say it was not balanced is not the case.

by pakkyzoo » Thu May 07, 2009 11:57 am
Updated Standings as of May 7

Region 2
(Region won-loss, Overall won-loss)
1. (Tie) Hatton-Northwood 4-2, 6-3
1. (Tie) Larimore 4-2, 5-4
1. (Tie) Thompson 4-2, 4-2
4. (Tie) Central Valley-Hillsboro 2-2, 5-3
4. (Tie) Minto 2-2, 4-3
6. Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg 0-6, 1-10
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby legionball4life » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:19 pm

Thompson looks the strongest so far.
Midway Minto is right behind them, they are 3-0 in the region, beating Central Valley, Larimore, and H/N.
Central Valley looks tough but they need to play more consistant like the game against Thompson losing in the bottom of the 7th.
Larimore and Mayville both look good. Both lost on Monday to MM and CV.

Thompson hosts MM on Thursday. Hope to see the Aces start for both teams. But i see that Kelley pitched with a big win against Larimore. Gonzalez or Linstad(10+ K's vs CV) should start for MM.

Region looks balanced yet again this year!
legionball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:23 am

Midway-Minto is the team to beat. They beat Thompson yesterday 10-2. I believe Sammy Gonzales pitched for them.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ltownheroes » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:31 pm

legionball4life wrote:Thompson looks the strongest so far.
Midway Minto is right behind them, they are 3-0 in the region, beating Central Valley, Larimore, and H/N.
Central Valley looks tough but they need to play more consistant like the game against Thompson losing in the bottom of the 7th.

Thompson hosts MM on Thursday. Hope to see the Aces start for both teams. But i see that Kelley pitched with a big win against Larimore. Gonzalez or Linstad(10+ K's vs CV) should start for MM.

imagine if quinn had thrown against minto- pitching was weak from what i heard in that game.. quinn is one of best pitchers in region by far- if he throws he gives larimore a dang good chance to win each outing
ltownheroes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:30 am

ltownheroes wrote:

imagine if quinn had thrown against minto- pitching was weak from what i heard in that game.. quinn is one of best pitchers in region by far- if he throws he gives larimore a dang good chance to win each outing

Midway-Minto has put up 15 on Hatton-Northwood, 11 on Larimore, and 10 on Thompson, but Larimores pitching just happened to be weak that game so thats why they lost? Give MM some credit. They are putting up some solid offensive numbers and have the deepest pitching staff in the region.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:57 am

InTheKnow wrote:
ltownheroes wrote:

Midway-Minto has put up 15 on Hatton-Northwood, 11 on Larimore, and 10 on Thompson, but Larimores pitching just happened to be weak that game so thats why they lost? Give MM some credit. They are putting up some solid offensive numbers and have the deepest pitching staff in the region.

I wouldn't say they have the deepest, MPCG has five guys who have been pitching for three or four years. And no offense to Daniel Quinn who is a good pitcher, but he would probably be the fifth or sixth best pitcher in the region.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby legionball4life » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:02 pm

cubsfan wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
ltownheroes wrote:

I wouldn't say they have the deepest, MPCG has five guys who have been pitching for three or four years. And no offense to Daniel Quinn who is a good pitcher, but he would probably be the fifth or sixth best pitcher in the region.

I agree with InTheKnow and Cubsfan. Quinn is a good pitcher, but i can't say he is one of the best. If you look at CV's Chase Luchsinger(sp) or mayville's pitchers ingebretson and berry or MM's Sammy Gonzolez, Lucas Kelley(all region last year) and the young Nathan Linstad who shut down CV with 10+ strike outs... Can't forget about thompson's Andy Naas either, he is a solid pitcher and their ace.
Does anyone know why Garet Reineke hasn't been pitching? I have been to 3 of thompsons games and he has never even touched the mound yet.

MM and Mayville play this week. Should be an excellent game. Good luck to both teams!
legionball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1402 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:41 pm

CV beat HN 5-4
Thompson Beat Larimore 6-5
Minto beat Mayville 1-0

All 3 games were really good i heard
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tigger » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:18 am

baseball1402 wrote:CV beat HN 5-4
Minto beat Mayville 1-0

Where is MPCG's offense? I believe they only have 2 runs scored in their last three league games (CV,HN,MM).
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:48 am

Tigger wrote:
Minto beat Mayville 1-0

Where is MPCG's offense? I believe they only have 2 runs scored in their last three league games (CV,HN,MM).

Midway-Minto's Nathan Linstad struck out 10 of them yesterday and scattered 4 hits. 31 Ks now in 18 innings according to the GF Herald article yesterday.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1402 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 pm

InTheKnow wrote:
Tigger wrote:
Minto beat Mayville 1-0

Midway-Minto's Nathan Linstad struck out 10 of them yesterday and scattered 4 hits. 31 Ks now in 18 innings according to the GF Herald article yesterday.

Ya lindstad is pitching pretty solid right now. Hes struck out a lot of hitters and hes winning a lot of those games for Minto. With him on the hill they have a good shot of winning a lot of games. They can be beaten by CV-H, Thompson, and Mayville though dont count anyone out everyone is beating everyone right now
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:14 am

baseball1402 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
Tigger wrote:
Minto beat Mayville 1-0

Ya lindstad is pitching pretty solid right now. Hes struck out a lot of hitters and hes winning a lot of those games for Minto. With him on the hill they have a good shot of winning a lot of games. They can be beaten by CV-H, Thompson, and Mayville though dont count anyone out everyone is beating everyone right now

I agree completely. It is still anyones region to win. Just one look at the scores from Monday should tell everyone that.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1402 » Sat May 01, 2010 7:21 pm

InTheKnow wrote:
baseball1402 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
Tigger wrote:
Minto beat Mayville 1-0

I agree completely. It is still anyones region to win. Just one look at the scores from Monday should tell everyone that.

Thompson def. CV-H 7-2 on friday. CV-H had a bad 4th inning where they gave up 6 runs when it was a 0-0 game at the beginning of the inning. Thompson hit the ball around pretty decent and with a couple errors in there thompson put up 6 and CV-H couldnt come back from it. Naas and Luchsinger both threw good games
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class B