LaMoure-Litchville-Marion 8 - 0
Kindred-Richland 5 - 3
Enderlin-Maple Valley 4 - 3
Valley City 3 - 3
Central Cass 3 - 4
Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page 2 - 5
Northern Cass 1 - 8

kmav.com has the up to date standings

cubsfan beat me to it. lamoure is going to be the 1 seed for sure the next 3 or 4 spots are really up for grabs.

LLM doesn't have it locked up yet. They go to Kindred on Monday 10th. Kindred knocks them off and they stay in hunt. LLM with 2 other tough road games at FSHP and CC. One home game with VC. LLM obviously in driver's seat.
I still say that this tourney is tough to call. The bye is nice. Truly wide open. I'm a Loboe fan and happy with season so far obviously. Single elimination format. One loss done. 2 of three 3 championship is a fun one too.

I don't know a lot about other regions, but in this one, 6 or maybe all 7 teams must believe they can win tourney. I do believe that at least 5 teams should believe they can.
At the moment, I just hope it can be 75 and sunny for tourney.

I don't know about the other teams but after CC's win over VC yesterday they switch spots in the standings.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Re: Region 1

Postby BaseballCheez » Tue May 11, 2010 5:44 pm

LaMoure locked up the one seed for the tournaments with their win over Kindred yesterday.
BaseballCheez
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Region 1

Postby utilityman » Wed May 12, 2010 3:49 pm

This region has LaMoure who is the # 1 team and I feel all the rest of the teams are capable of beating each other. LaMoure has Dunn for an ace, none of the other teams have an ace like this but neither does any other team in the state. Dunn is beatable if his control problems don't go away, but it will have to be a game thats 3-2 or 2-1 where the opposing pitcher limits LaMoure which is a decent hitting club.

I read a stat thaat Dunn has 68K in 30 IP and given up only 2 hits, pretty sick numbers.

As far as the other teams, I really feel that anybody can beat anybody. Also, Dun isn't going to be able pitch all the games in the region tourney ( although LaMoure has 2 pretty solid other pitchers) so they can be beat as well.

Should be interesting, pretty solid region from top to bottom. Northern Cass only has 1 win, but they play good ball and stay close and there the last place team.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Class B