Who is the best 10th grader????

Re: Who is the best 10th grader????

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:25 am

gobison#6 wrote:Ellery also has one year left of eligibity

He should head the list of top freshman then that is for sure. Bright future ahead.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:19 am

a-simple-fan wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
Other sophomores to watch for are:
Tate Aaronson from Dakota Prairie, and Ellery Bresnahan and Ben Sunquist from Casselton.
[/quote]

Tate Aaronson is a junior and plays his high school baseball at Lakota.[/quote]

But he plays all his summer baseball for Dakota Prairie.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby gobison#6 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:34 pm

InTheKnow wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:Ellery also has one year left of eligibity

He should head the list of top freshman then that is for sure. Bright future ahead.

Yeah unless he chooses to golf. He could dual sport though.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby spoilers23 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:24 am

InTheKnow wrote:
a-simple-fan wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:Its surprising that if Langdon and Grafton have such good 10th graders, why don't we ever hear from these teams in Babe Ruth State Tournaments. I remember Grafton being in it in 2007 and 2006, but I haven't heard of them since or Langdon at all.

Do these towns still have Babe Ruth programs? You would think they would be able to with the size of their populations.

Grafton was upset by Manvel in the playin game for the state tournament. Langdon has not registered their teams for state tournament play the last few years. In the league tournament Grafton took first, Langdon second, and Manvel fourth and they ended up second at state tournament.

Joey Demers and Nathan Linstad from Midway are clearly the best 2 players out of the NE corner of the state as Sophomores. No one else should even be mentioned.

Grafton was beaten by MIDWAY-MANVEL soundly twice in the "Sanctioned" tournament and Joey Demers was out dueled by Nathan Linstad in the winners bracket 8-0. Midway-Manvel pretty much walked through the first 3 days of this years state tournament outscoring their opponents 38-4. They ended up falling twice to Casselton the last day and took 2nd place.

For a long time Grafton was the only team that was sanctioned as a "BABE RUTH" program. However there is a non sanctioned league comprised of Grafton, Park River, Cavalier, Minto, Midway, Manvel, Langdon, Munich, and Drayton-St Thomas. About 3 years ago Midway sanctioned their program and this year St. Thomas joined as well. Thats why you never see some of these teams during the state Babe Ruth tournament and then see them win or finish high at state in HS or Legion.

This year do to numbers Cavalier did not field a BR team and Midway-Manvel co-oped. Midway-Manvel did not throw their top 3 pitchers in the "non-sanctioned" tournament do to playing in the "Sanctioned" District Best of 3 games against Cando with the chance to go to state 2 days later and took 4th place in the “non-sanctioned tourney” losing on a walk off home run to Drayton-St-Thomas. When all of Midway-Manvels players were there and were using one of their top 3 pitchers they clearly had the best team in the league.

Back to Linstad, according to the stats on http://www.kmav.com for this years state Babe Ruth tournament in 5 games he hit .462 going 6x13 with a double and 6RBI, drew 7 walks, scored 6 runs, and stole 5 bases. He also had a 1.27ERA on the mound in 11 innings with 15 Ks. In legion he threw a 3 hitter against the Grand Forks Blues and a 5 hitter against Yorkton Sask in the Fargo Red River Diamond Classic. The exact same Yorkton team beat the Fargo Bombers for the title of the Bomber tournament the year before. He was arguably the best player at the BR state tournament. Because of Midways low numbers Linstad will be playing high school ball for Minto unless administrators agree to change the co-op name to Midway-Minto or minto-midway.

I agree with Joey Demers and Ty Bruner. Both are great players and deserve to be mentioned! They will be fun to watch the next 3 years.

Tate Aaronson from Dakota Prairie, and Ellery Bresnahan and Ben Sunquist from Casselton.

Linstad put up big numbers in Babe Ruth. What about Legion numbers? Demers put up very impressive numbers in legion and logged significant innings. If my memory serves me right, M-M brought in Linstad in the Section tournament against Grafton when they had no pitching left. M-M ended up losing, but I think Linstad did a decent job holding Grafton down. Linstad has potential but he has a long ways to go to catch up to Demers, as a hitter anyway.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:21 pm

spoilers23 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
a-simple-fan wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:Its surprising that if Langdon and Grafton have such good 10th graders, why don't we ever hear from these teams in Babe Ruth State Tournaments. I remember Grafton being in it in 2007 and 2006, but I haven't heard of them since or Langdon at all.

Do these towns still have Babe Ruth programs? You would think they would be able to with the size of their populations.

Grafton was upset by Manvel in the playin game for the state tournament. Langdon has not registered their teams for state tournament play the last few years. In the league tournament Grafton took first, Langdon second, and Manvel fourth and they ended up second at state tournament.

Joey Demers and Nathan Linstad from Midway are clearly the best 2 players out of the NE corner of the state as Sophomores. No one else should even be mentioned.

Grafton was beaten by MIDWAY-MANVEL soundly twice in the "Sanctioned" tournament and Joey Demers was out dueled by Nathan Linstad in the winners bracket 8-0. Midway-Manvel pretty much walked through the first 3 days of this years state tournament outscoring their opponents 38-4. They ended up falling twice to Casselton the last day and took 2nd place.

For a long time Grafton was the only team that was sanctioned as a "BABE RUTH" program. However there is a non sanctioned league comprised of Grafton, Park River, Cavalier, Minto, Midway, Manvel, Langdon, Munich, and Drayton-St Thomas. About 3 years ago Midway sanctioned their program and this year St. Thomas joined as well. Thats why you never see some of these teams during the state Babe Ruth tournament and then see them win or finish high at state in HS or Legion.

This year do to numbers Cavalier did not field a BR team and Midway-Manvel co-oped. Midway-Manvel did not throw their top 3 pitchers in the "non-sanctioned" tournament do to playing in the "Sanctioned" District Best of 3 games against Cando with the chance to go to state 2 days later and took 4th place in the “non-sanctioned tourney” losing on a walk off home run to Drayton-St-Thomas. When all of Midway-Manvels players were there and were using one of their top 3 pitchers they clearly had the best team in the league.

Back to Linstad, according to the stats on http://www.kmav.com for this years state Babe Ruth tournament in 5 games he hit .462 going 6x13 with a double and 6RBI, drew 7 walks, scored 6 runs, and stole 5 bases. He also had a 1.27ERA on the mound in 11 innings with 15 Ks. In legion he threw a 3 hitter against the Grand Forks Blues and a 5 hitter against Yorkton Sask in the Fargo Red River Diamond Classic. The exact same Yorkton team beat the Fargo Bombers for the title of the Bomber tournament the year before. He was arguably the best player at the BR state tournament. Because of Midways low numbers Linstad will be playing high school ball for Minto unless administrators agree to change the co-op name to Midway-Minto or minto-midway.

I agree with Joey Demers and Ty Bruner. Both are great players and deserve to be mentioned! They will be fun to watch the next 3 years.

Linstad put up big numbers in Babe Ruth. What about Legion numbers? Demers put up very impressive numbers in legion and logged significant innings. If my memory serves me right, M-M brought in Linstad in the Section tournament against Grafton when they had no pitching left. M-M ended up losing, but I think Linstad did a decent job holding Grafton down. Linstad has potential but he has a long ways to go to catch up to Demers, as a hitter anyway.

Incorrect. Nick Smestead threw a complete game 9 innings in a 2-1 loss to Grafton in the Sectionals for MM. If I remember correctly Demers came up with a triple that hugged the line and later scored in that game.

Agreed Demers is a better hitter at this point but I dont think Linstad has a long ways to go to catch up. He just lacks at bats at the legion level as he was stuck behind seniors at his positions.
Linstad is a better pitcher then Demers at this point in my opinion but not by alot.

Either way, with the addition of Bruener from Velva, those 3 are the clear cut top Sophmores in Class B. Someone will have to come up with some very strong cases and stats to prove me otherwise.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:49 pm

I would say Zach Pollack would be just as good if not better than Ty Bruner.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:14 pm

cubsfan wrote:I would say Zach Pollack would be just as good if not better than Ty Bruner.

Nope. I saw him play at State BR at least 3 games. He is not at that level. Pitching wise he is effectively wild. Offensively definitely not at that level. Quite frankly Velva offensively was really bad without Bruner. The first day was not good!
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Class B