Top Players

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:40 am

Who are some players out there who have been big all year and can help carry their teams to state this year?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mwall30 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Kyle FUnsethis a great ball player all around, in the field, and at the bat

mwall30
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cash » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:24 pm

mwall30 wrote:Kyle FUnsethis a great ball player all around, in the field, and at the bat

where is he from
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:55 am

He's a junior from hatton-northwood. He's got a great glove on the left side of the infield. He also has a great bat, metal or wood. He is pretty good all around.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby nike07 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:56 am

i dont think the good teams will need 1 player to lead their teams, like harvey, thompson, central valley, hatton-northwood, velva, those types of teams, they all have more than 1 or 2 good players
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:36 pm

nike07 wrote:i dont think the good teams will need 1 player to lead their teams, like harvey, thompson, central valley, hatton-northwood, velva, those types of teams, they all have more than 1 or 2 good players
ok, that really didnt inform us who the good players are haha
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:24 pm

Dusty Brend from Central Valley's a great ball player. He is great in the field, either at short or at catcher, wherever he is playing that game. He has alot of pop in his bat while also batting with a great average.  I'd count on him along with a few other seniors from Central Valley to make a push towards state. Jason Novacek is a similar player from Central Valley. He's got a great glove in center, and he is very quick.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby web17 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:49 am

Two more names to toss out are the Kjemhus twins. Tyler and Aaron. They are both good hitters with better than average power and amazing speed. They both have unbelievable arms and can really throw gas. Aaron, in my opinion, is the top centerfielder in the state. He can get to balls no one else would even try for. As for Tyler, i sure as heck wouldnt want to step in against him with the game on the line. not only is he a stellar pitcher, but he plays really good defense in left field. i think these two will make a lot of noise in the upcoming season.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:21 am

the kjhemus's are tough but there arent any other top players besides syrstad....thompson is gonna be very tuff w/ all the experience but i think they can finally be beatin by other teams...
tadam6

Postby web17 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:42 pm

how you guys gonna be ta? state again?
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:34 am

is that you webster?...oh man
tadam6

Postby bball1niner » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:07 am

webster webster and son...haha...
bball1niner

Postby web17 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:59 pm

tadam6 wrote:is that you webster?...oh man

so im not sneaky enough???
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Chris Plante Fan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:57 pm

mwall30 wrote:Kyle FUnseth is a great ball player all around, in the field, and at the bat

Kyle Funseth is an absolute stud.  His looks are deceiving, as he isn't very big, but the kid can hit the ball a mile.  Benjamin Strand is another kid from Hatton-Northwood who looks to have a great season this spring.  He led the Thunder is RBI last spring batting third, and if he keeps up what he's been doing for the last couple of years, I see no reason for him to finish the season doing anything but leading the team in all offensive categories.  That region looks tough this year, though, so we'll see if those two Juniors have what it takes to get the Thunder out of the regional tournament (finally!) and to find out what they can do in the state tournament.

Anyway, look for Funseth and Strand to be All-Conference this year along with:

Ethan Kyllo: M-Portland-C-G
Jake Olsen: Central Valley-Hillsboro
Chris Plante Fan

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:28 pm

Chris Plante Fan wrote:
mwall30 wrote:Kyle FUnseth is a great ball player all around, in the field, and at the bat

Kyle Funseth is an absolute stud.  His looks are deceiving, as he isn't very big, but the kid can hit the ball a mile.  Benjamin Strand is another kid from Hatton-Northwood who looks to have a great season this spring.  He led the Thunder is RBI last spring batting third, and if he keeps up what he's been doing for the last couple of years, I see no reason for him to finish the season doing anything but leading the team in all offensive categories.  That region looks tough this year, though, so we'll see if those two Juniors have what it takes to get the Thunder out of the regional tournament (finally!) and to find out what they can do in the state tournament.

Anyway, look for Funseth and Strand to be All-Conference this year along with:

Ethan Kyllo: M-Portland-C-G
Jake Olsen: Central Valley-Hillsboro
don't forget about the rest of the thunder team. Everyone on that team contributes. 7 and 8 hitters in legion batted 433 and 434 to lead the team. that wasn't Kyle or Ben. They also didn't provide all the pitching. They are very good players, but they play on a very good team. They provide what they can, while the other players do their part. There is really no one or two persons leading the Thunder. But they are players to watch. Don't get me wrong, they are very talented.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby cash » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:29 pm

anybody know the seedings for the state tournament this year, like which regions are playing each other
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Class B