1.Casselton
2.Fargo
3.FS/HP
4.Mayville
5.Thompson
6.Hatton
7.Central Valley-Hillsboro
8.Gardner

Tounaments start wednesday in mayville at 10 A.M.

Hatton won over Hope Page in game # 2, by score of 3-2.
Bombers won over Central Valley Blue sox, by score of 17-7.

Yeah that score doesnt show how CV played though they played a great game. They were in it the whole way and ahead a couple of innings. They were down 10-7 going into the bottom of 6 and ended up getting tenned right there. A couple walks then errors n few big hits ended it.

The Bombers were the home team and lead at end of each complete Inning 1st (2-0), 2nd (5-4), 3rd (6-5), and 4th was 9-5. Bombers did not play very well in defense, and pitching. To many errors (4 from pitchers alone). Hitting was pretty good as they had 15 hits and only had 2 players get struck out at the plate. Bombers need to play better today when playing Hatton.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Re: Legion baseball 2009

Postby GoPack#2 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:33 pm

baseball1402 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:
baseball1402 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:There is no debate Casselton is going to win Section 3

How do you say theres no debate? Are you serious? Casselton is a strong team but fargo has more depth in pitching and there really good hitters. Fargo went out and beat Brandon Rust argueably the best pitcher in Class B baseball. That proves that fargo can beat anyone in the section much less most teams in the state. Casselton will give them a run in the section tourney but just because casselton went last year doesnt mean anything fargo is still really solid. Its down to those two teams though and any of them could win it.

Casselton has some very good depth at pitching also and plus Casselton beat the bombers last week

Casselton does't have the pitching that fargo has though. Have u watched fargo play im guessing that your from the casselton area. Your talking about them having good depth at pitching and they really dont they have Rust who has amazing stuff ill agree and beau sinner whos good not great. Those are really the only two pitchers on there roster who can shut out teams Shumacher isnt good. Fargo has a five man rotation who all throw good stuff on the hill and if they were to throw there ace against casselton they'd be up for a long night. Fargo is a great hitting team and casselton is a good hitting team. When you play fargo you wont see one guy swinging at bad pitches they can hit to all parts of the field and are a great hit and run team. Casselton could beat them in the end but there is no clear cut to win the section.

Yeah so are ready to see Casselton play the Bombers tomorrow oh sorry i forgot they lost to Hatton the 6 seed (were is Fargo's good pitching thats better then Casselton when they played against Hatton today)
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GoPack#2 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:42 pm

Tigger wrote:
75ford wrote:
Tigger wrote:Last year's Bombers team wasn't anywhere near as good as the previous two. I think the biggest addition for them this year will be putting Luke Rustad back in charge. With him and Jason Schwabe of Thompson in the mix, it is a pretty deep coaching pool in section 3.

Score update from tonite the Fargo Bombers won 2 games in Casselton tonite 5-3 in conference game, and 6-3 in non conference game. In the conference game Casselton threw Rust, and Sinner came in relief. Bombers pitched the left hander Hochstatter that went all 7 innings.

Bombers will choke near the end like they always do. It has happened for the past five years. It will be heartbreak city again baby!

Yeah the Bombers just lost to Hatton today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 75ford » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:18 am

GoPack#2 wrote:
Tigger wrote:
75ford wrote:
Tigger wrote:Last year's Bombers team wasn't anywhere near as good as the previous two. I think the biggest addition for them this year will be putting Luke Rustad back in charge. With him and Jason Schwabe of Thompson in the mix, it is a pretty deep coaching pool in section 3.

Score update from tonite the Fargo Bombers won 2 games in Casselton tonite 5-3 in conference game, and 6-3 in non conference game. In the conference game Casselton threw Rust, and Sinner came in relief. Bombers pitched the left hander Hochstatter that went all 7 innings.

Bombers will choke near the end like they always do. It has happened for the past five years. It will be heartbreak city again baby!

The Bombers main problem has been starting pitching so far in the tournament, and to many walks. They just have to win one at a time. They can pitch Soberg, Schroeder or Horner today. I am guessing that Casselton will have to throw Rust in their game with Hatton today so that will deplete their pitching. Hatton may not have much left either with Workin throwing 9 innings already. We will see who has enough pitching remaining to win the section.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby birdman » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:50 am

I don't believe Casselton needs to throw Rust today as you have Jacobson, Rose , Swanson, Ham, with Schumacher only pitchibg 5 Weds. maybe 1-2 innings from him. Alson Mogen throws for an inning or two. I think Casselton will be just fine on pitching.
birdman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby trent16 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:55 pm

Beau Sinner and Brandon Rust, How old are these guys?
trent16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 75ford » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:56 pm

birdman wrote:I don't believe Casselton needs to throw Rust today as you have Jacobson, Rose , Swanson, Ham, with Schumacher only pitchibg 5 Weds. maybe 1-2 innings from him. Alson Mogen throws for an inning or two. I think Casselton will be just fine on pitching.

Bombers defeat Thompson 11-1 in 5 innings. Schroeder pitched for Bombers.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison17 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:34 pm

trent16 wrote:Beau Sinner and Brandon Rust, How old are these guys?

They graduated this year but they can play legion next year, along with Wilcox
Bison17
NDPreps Starter

Postby 75ford » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:27 pm

birdman wrote:I don't believe Casselton needs to throw Rust today as you have Jacobson, Rose , Swanson, Ham, with Schumacher only pitchibg 5 Weds. maybe 1-2 innings from him. Alson Mogen throws for an inning or two. I think Casselton will be just fine on pitching.

I believe that Casselton threw Rust all 7 innings today against Hatton, gave up 2 HR's, and pitched well the rest of the game.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:04 pm

75ford wrote:

I believe that Casselton threw Rust all 7 innings today against Hatton, gave up 2 HR's, and pitched well the rest of the game.

Yeah Casselton did through Rust he gave up a solo and 2 run homers in the first and shut them down after that to win 5-3
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GoPack#2 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:07 pm

75ford wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:
Tigger wrote:
75ford wrote:

The Bombers main problem has been starting pitching so far in the tournament, and to many walks. They just have to win one at a time. They can pitch Soberg, Schroeder or Horner today. I am guessing that Casselton will have to throw Rust in their game with Hatton today so that will deplete their pitching. Hatton may not have much left either with Workin throwing 9 innings already. We will see who has enough pitching remaining to win the section.

Since Casselton beat Hatton they will get Saturday off
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 75ford » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:26 am

GoPack#2 wrote:
75ford wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:
Tigger wrote:
75ford wrote:

I heard from a Casselton player parent at the Mayville/Bomber game yesterday that Casselton did not get the day off, and had their first practice of the season yesterday. Hard to believe that coach Radlof is having the first practice of the year. Must be a little concerned if he needs to have a practice before the championship game.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:01 am

75ford wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:
75ford wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:
Tigger wrote:
75ford wrote:

I heard from a Casselton player parent at the Mayville/Bomber game yesterday that Casselton did not get the day off, and had their first practice of the season yesterday. Hard to believe that coach Radlof is having the first practice of the year. Must be a little concerned if he needs to have a practice before the championship game.

I would highly doubt it has anything to do with being concerned and more to do with staying in routine of playing everyday. Keeping timing with BP and getting the team to play catch and take some ground balls. Baseball is a game of repetition and staying in a routine and especially for tournament play staying focused on the goal. I am sure their coach knows that and it is no different then in any other sport at any other level.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:08 am

It also was not the first practice of the year it was maybe the third or fourth.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoPack#2 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:58 am

75ford wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:
75ford wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:
Tigger wrote:
75ford wrote:

ok 75ford i ment they do not have to play a game saturday....
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GoPack#2 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:59 am

scc wrote:Casselton 6
Fargo Bombers 1

Casselton advances to the state tournament. They are the defending champions.

As i said earlier Casselton was going to win
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GoPack#2 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:07 pm

bballuvr wrote:To say Beau Sinner is overated is funny. Real funny.
I'm not from Cassleton. To watch him pitch a person might think he isn't neccessarily an overwhelming pitcher. However, his record speaks for itself.
2007 Babe Ruth Championship win vs. LaMoure
2008 Legion Championship win vs. LaMoure
Those are 2 rather big game wins.
Also, a large amount of regular season HS and Legion wins. I'm not sure how good he is compared to the top guys around the state, but he certainly isn't overated.

yeah he threw a complete game and gave up 1 run in the 2nd championship game against the "Almighty" Bombers yesterday and he also threw the last 2 innings of the 1st championship game
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby armada113 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:25 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:
I'm not from Cassleton. To watch him pitch a person might think he isn't neccessarily an overwhelming pitcher. However, his record speaks for itself.
Also, a large amount of regular season HS and Legion wins. I'm not sure how good he is compared to the top guys around the state, but he certainly isn't overated.

yeah he threw a complete game and gave up 1 run in the 2nd championship game against the "Almighty" Bombers yesterday and he also threw the last 2 innings of the 1st championship game

Sinner is the reason they lost the first game. Rust came in and gave up 4 and then Sinner gave up one. Next inning he lets up 5 runs and then 1 more in the final inning.
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby 75ford » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:10 pm

armada113 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:

Sinner is the reason they lost the first game. Rust came in and gave up 4 and then Sinner gave up one. Next inning he lets up 5 runs and then 1 more in the final inning.

Good luck Casselton at State, they will represent the section well at state. Also the Bombers did show alot of heart the first game coming back from 7 runs down in the first game. These were the two best teams in the section all year, and Casselton and Bombers split during the conference games and again in the section games.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:46 pm

armada113 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:

Sinner is not the reason why they lost the 1st championship game Jacobson started and gave up 5, Rust came in and gave up 4 then Sinner gave up 2
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Class B