Legion baseball 2009

Re: Legion baseball 2009

Postby 75ford » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:40 am

GoPack#2 wrote:There is no debate Casselton is going to win Section 3

I find this very interesting as you have a total posts of 1, and the Bombers have split with Casselton in conference games, and the Bombers have also won both non-conference games and you are so sure that Casselton will win the section. Three of the games have been 6-3, and one game was 5-3 so far. I would say they are pretty even, not a guarantee that one team will win the section. Explain your logic?, and why do you think that?
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1402 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:49 am

How do you say theres no debate? Are you serious? Casselton is a strong team but fargo has more depth in pitching and there really good hitters. Fargo went out and beat Brandon Rust argueably the best pitcher in Class B baseball. That proves that fargo can beat anyone in the section much less most teams in the state. Casselton will give them a run in the section tourney but just because casselton went last year doesnt mean anything fargo is still really solid. Its down to those two teams though and any of them could win it.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:19 am

BballFan1307 wrote:How can you guys honestly say that Beau Sinner is overrated? Before giving up a run to FSHP this season he hadn't given up a run in somethin like 30 plus innings of legion ball. I think the kid has earned the hype being the lead pitcher on the state championship legion team.

I think if you pitch 30 scoreless innings in a row you should deserve all the hype you were getting
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GoPack#2 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:22 am

baseball1402 wrote:

How do you say theres no debate? Are you serious? Casselton is a strong team but fargo has more depth in pitching and there really good hitters. Fargo went out and beat Brandon Rust argueably the best pitcher in Class B baseball. That proves that fargo can beat anyone in the section much less most teams in the state. Casselton will give them a run in the section tourney but just because casselton went last year doesnt mean anything fargo is still really solid. Its down to those two teams though and any of them could win it.

Casselton has some very good depth at pitching also and plus Casselton beat the bombers last week
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1402 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:10 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:
baseball1402 wrote:

Casselton has some very good depth at pitching also and plus Casselton beat the bombers last week

Casselton does't have the pitching that fargo has though. Have u watched fargo play im guessing that your from the casselton area. Your talking about them having good depth at pitching and they really dont they have Rust who has amazing stuff ill agree and beau sinner whos good not great. Those are really the only two pitchers on there roster who can shut out teams Shumacher isnt good. Fargo has a five man rotation who all throw good stuff on the hill and if they were to throw there ace against casselton they'd be up for a long night. Fargo is a great hitting team and casselton is a good hitting team. When you play fargo you wont see one guy swinging at bad pitches they can hit to all parts of the field and are a great hit and run team. Casselton could beat them in the end but there is no clear cut to win the section.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:09 pm

baseball1402 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:
baseball1402 wrote:

Casselton does't have the pitching that fargo has though. Have u watched fargo play im guessing that your from the casselton area. Your talking about them having good depth at pitching and they really dont they have Rust who has amazing stuff ill agree and beau sinner whos good not great. Those are really the only two pitchers on there roster who can shut out teams Shumacher isnt good. Fargo has a five man rotation who all throw good stuff on the hill and if they were to throw there ace against casselton they'd be up for a long night. Fargo is a great hitting team and casselton is a good hitting team. When you play fargo you wont see one guy swinging at bad pitches they can hit to all parts of the field and are a great hit and run team. Casselton could beat them in the end but there is no clear cut to win the section.

Who are fargos five pitchers? Schumacher and Jacobson are good enough to beat a lot of teams in the section.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 75ford » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:44 am

cubsfan wrote:
baseball1402 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:
baseball1402 wrote:

Who are fargos five pitchers? Schumacher and Jacobson are good enough to beat a lot of teams in the section.

Fargo's Bombers pitching starters are Hochstatter,Lundberg,Schroeder,Larson, and Soberg. Horner also can start, but has been used in closing role as he plays SS. Lundberg/Larson did not have a good combined game versus Casselton last week with the 10 walks, but Lundberg did pitch a complete game shutout over Hatton this week. Hochstatter is the lefty and he pitched the earlier game against Casselton (Rust) that Fargo won 5-3. Should be a fun section though, I really feel that the pitching depth is really weak on most of the teams in the section except H/P, Hatton, Casselton, and Bombers.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby N2sports » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:19 pm

Secion 8 standings/probable seedings barring upsets

Mandan A's 23 3
Dickinson Volunteers 16 8
Beulah Cyclones 14 7
Washburn Post 12 14 7
Hettinger Bears 11 11
Hazen Astros 1 0 12
Bowman County Blue Sox 3 21
Dunn County Saints 1 23
N2sports
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spoilers23 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:40 pm

GoPack#2 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:How can you guys honestly say that Beau Sinner is overrated? Before giving up a run to FSHP this season he hadn't given up a run in somethin like 30 plus innings of legion ball. I think the kid has earned the hype being the lead pitcher on the state championship legion team.

I think if you pitch 30 scoreless innings in a row you should deserve all the hype you were getting

I gave me opinion earlier. If he pitches against Munich, Grafton, or even Midway-Minto (top 3 teams in Section 4), he's going to get lit up.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballuvr » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:41 am

To say Beau Sinner is overated is funny. Real funny.
I'm not from Cassleton. To watch him pitch a person might think he isn't neccessarily an overwhelming pitcher. However, his record speaks for itself.
2007 Babe Ruth Championship win vs. LaMoure
2008 Legion Championship win vs. LaMoure
Those are 2 rather big game wins.
Also, a large amount of regular season HS and Legion wins. I'm not sure how good he is compared to the top guys around the state, but he certainly isn't overated.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:22 am

spoilers23 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:

I gave me opinion earlier. If he pitches against Munich, Grafton, or even Midway-Minto (top 3 teams in Section 4), he's going to get lit up.

I believe he is the one who beat Grafton last year in the first round at state and allowed only one run.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Tigger » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:13 am

Until somebody knocks them off, I'm going with Casselton all the way. Is it too early to pick they as champs for 2010 too? They can bring a lot of guys back for another year.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby windex » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:11 am

Section 8 UPDATED

Mandan A's 24 4
Beulah Cyclones 17 7
Washburn Post 12 16 8
Dickinson Volunteers 16 9
Hettinger Bears 11 11
Hazen Astros 11 12
Bowman County Blue Sox 3 21
Dunn County Saints 1 23
windex
NDPreps Starter

Postby spoilers23 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:03 pm

cubsfan wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:

I believe he is the one who beat Grafton last year in the first round at state and allowed only one run.

No, he didn't allow a run. We lost 1-0 in the bottom of the 7th. It happens when you go from facing Curt Enger, Tanner Adam, and Alex Chaput in sectionals to Sinner at state. We choked. We have every year. He threw against the high school team at state and they choked. Two outs in the last inning and we make an error to eventually send the game into extra innings.

If this doesn't end the argument I don't think anything will. Where is he pitching next year? I've heard him called the best pitcher in the state several times. It may be class B baseball, (no disrespect, it's where I'm from) but the best pitcher in the state should still be pitching at the next level. And not just anywhere either.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby legionball4life » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:00 pm

Curt Enger Tanner Adam Alex Chaput and yourself spoiler23 should be put at an entirely different level of class B legion. 2 of you are at NDSU, doing extremely well, Tanner Adam and Curt Enger are lighting up people from all over the country with outstanding records and pitching stats at junior colleges. HUGE D-1 schools were and still are looking at Enger and Adam, they are 2 extremely talented ball players not only at pitching but fielding and hitting also.

I havnt heard for sure, but i dont think beau is going to be playing college baseball, he doesnt have what it takes to pitch at the college level from what ive seen. YES he is good, but not good enough to the next level. AND YES, those 2 state championship games ARE HUGE, im not gonna lie, i wish i could say i pitched and won 2 state championship games.

It will be a very fun year at state seeing all the talent, I think the best section to watch will be Grafton Midway-Minto and Munich.

Grafton and Munich have lots of experience at state and have lots of talent.
Midway-Minto went 4-1 in fargo in june, playing against the best 18 guys from Manitoba canada and beating them. I watched them play two games this year, one against grafton and one vs munich, and they BY FAR have the best 1-9 batters. They also have a very deep pitching staff, Smested Mozinski Shutt Kelley Schanilec and Solseng.

Im Going with M-M to take their section this year.

My .02
legionball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spoilers23 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:01 am

legionball4life wrote:Curt Enger Tanner Adam Alex Chaput and yourself spoiler23 should be put at an entirely different level of class B legion. 2 of you are at NDSU, doing extremely well, Tanner Adam and Curt Enger are lighting up people from all over the country with outstanding records and pitching stats at junior colleges. HUGE D-1 schools were and still are looking at Enger and Adam, they are 2 extremely talented ball players not only at pitching but fielding and hitting also.

I havnt heard for sure, but i dont think beau is going to be playing college baseball, he doesnt have what it takes to pitch at the college level from what ive seen. YES he is good, but not good enough to the next level. AND YES, those 2 state championship games ARE HUGE, im not gonna lie, i wish i could say i pitched and won 2 state championship games.

It will be a very fun year at state seeing all the talent, I think the best section to watch will be Grafton Midway-Minto and Munich.

Grafton and Munich have lots of experience at state and have lots of talent.
Midway-Minto went 4-1 in fargo in june, playing against the best 18 guys from Manitoba canada and beating them. I watched them play two games this year, one against grafton and one vs munich, and they BY FAR have the best 1-9 batters. They also have a very deep pitching staff, Smested Mozinski Shutt Kelley Schanilec and Solseng.

Im Going with M-M to take their section this year.

My .02

Adam is coming to NDSU but he no longer pitches. I really don't think either were being looked at by HUGE D-1 schools as you say.

I've seen eye to eye with you so far but now we're going to have to go down different paths. Midway-Minto is not by far the best hitting team in the section. They are the third best hitting team in the section. Ask anybody around and they will tell you the same thing. Munich has to be considered the team with the best line up with the likes of the two Becks, Klein, Goeser, and Schommer. Personally, I think Grafton has the best line up because I've witnessed first hand what each and every one of them can do. After those I named for Munich, I don't know much else about their lineup. The five I named are far better than Midway-Minto's top hitters. Grafton has the deepest pitching staff, followed closely by Munich. Shutt shut out Grafton in the second game of the double header, given Grafton does dump their bench for the five inning game.

The Midway-Minto-Park River-Ardoch-Fordville-Lankin team is good, don't get my wrong, but they aren't the team Grafton or Munich is. You seem to know a lot about the MMPRAFL legion team, and I'm pretty sure I know who you are.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:09 am

Where is Curt Enger playing college baseball at?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby spoilers23 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:50 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:Where is Curt Enger playing college baseball at?

I believe he started at Mayville State and went to a juco out in Oregon. Other than Chaput, he was head and shoulders above any pitcher that threw against Grafton last year. Threw a gem in sectionals and gave up an unearned run against us and took a tough loss 1-0.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:19 pm

spoilers23 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:Where is Curt Enger playing college baseball at?

I believe he started at Mayville State and went to a juco out in Oregon. Other than Chaput, he was head and shoulders above any pitcher that threw against Grafton last year. Threw a gem in sectionals and gave up an unearned run against us and took a tough loss 1-0.

Enger redshirted his first year at Mayville then transfered to a Juco. He will be entering his sophomore season there.

Spoilers is right. On paper Munich and Grafton have a little more punch at the plate then Midway-Minto 1-9. However now that it is tournament time you can throw the numbers out the window. What matters now is the timing of the big hits. Going 3x4 with 3 2Bs means nothing now if the bases are loaded and the one time they get out results in the winning runner left on base and a weaker hitter for the opposing team going 1x4 with a bases clearing double to win it. On paper provides great discussion all year but now all of it doesn't matter. Every year upsets come from a great relief performance by a considered lower in the staff player or the #8 or #9 hitter coming up big in a big situation. Might be their only hit of the tournament but if its at the right time it can throw a big wrench into pitching match ups and could put them into the drivers seat for a section title. Grafton and Munich are definitely the favorites but if I remember correctly there might be a combined 4 one run games between the #1-#3 seeds with at least 2 of those going extra innings. Should make for an exciting tournament!
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:37 am

Beau Sinner is going to Saint Johns University in MN. I believe he will be playing baseball there.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball1402 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Section 3 turned out like this
1.Casselton
2.Fargo
3.FS/HP
4.Mayville
5.Thompson
6.Hatton
7.Central Valley-Hillsboro
8.Gardner

Tounaments start wednesday in mayville at 10 A.M.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby 75ford » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:36 pm

baseball1402 wrote:Section 3 turned out like this
1.Casselton
2.Fargo
3.FS/HP
4.Mayville
5.Thompson
6.Hatton
8.Gardner

Hatton won over Hope Page in game # 2, by score of 3-2.
Bombers won over Central Valley Blue sox, by score of 17-7.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1402 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:48 pm

75ford wrote:
baseball1402 wrote:Section 3 turned out like this
1.Casselton
2.Fargo
3.FS/HP
4.Mayville
5.Thompson
6.Hatton
8.Gardner

Hatton won over Hope Page in game # 2, by score of 3-2.
Bombers won over Central Valley Blue sox, by score of 17-7.

Yeah that score doesnt show how CV played though they played a great game. They were in it the whole way and ahead a couple of innings. They were down 10-7 going into the bottom of 6 and ended up getting tenned right there. A couple walks then errors n few big hits ended it.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Casselton beat Gardner 23-4
Mayport beat Thompson 8-6
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BaS3bALL4LiF3 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Bombers had to use their top 2 pitchers.
BaS3bALL4LiF3
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Class B