Legion baseball 2009

Legion baseball 2009

Postby Tigger » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:48 am

Who should we be watching out for as the Legion season starts? Will Casselton be able to defend their state title? They almost added a high school championship last week but may not be a clear cut favorite in their own section.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Legion baseball 2009

Postby skidoo7c926 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:56 am

In section 3 casseltion is the favorite going in! They have Beau Sinner and Brandon Rust who both have amazing stuff on the hill! There bats are alive there hitting the ball all over the place and hitting it hard also. Fargo also have some good players goin into this year. There hitting the ball all over the place also. It'll more than likely come down to those two teams unless FS-HP plays really tough they have the pitching n along with hatton who has the hitting. It'll be close but in the end its goona be between Casselton and Fargo!
skidoo7c926
NDPreps Reserve

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:36 pm

In section 4 Grafton, Munich, and Midway-Minto are the favorites. Midway-Minto went 4-1 in the Red River Diamond Classic in Fargo this past weekend finishing second in their pool behind the West Fargo Patriots.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby spoilers23 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:32 am

skidoo7c926 wrote:In section 3 casseltion is the favorite going in! They have Beau Sinner and Brandon Rust who both have amazing stuff on the hill! There bats are alive there hitting the ball all over the place and hitting it hard also. Fargo also have some good players goin into this year. There hitting the ball all over the place also. It'll more than likely come down to those two teams unless FS-HP plays really tough they have the pitching n along with hatton who has the hitting. It'll be close but in the end its goona be between Casselton and Fargo!

Beau Sinner does not have amazing stuff. I don't care if you can locate your fastball through a cup, if it's 70 mph you're going to get shelled. Rust is good, I won't argue that. But enough about Sinner, please.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby legionball4life » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:46 am

spoilers23 wrote:Beau Sinner does not have amazing stuff. I don't care if you can locate your fastball through a cup, if it's 70 mph you're going to get shelled. Rust is good, I won't argue that. But enough about Sinner, please.

Couldnt agree more. He is good, but you guys talk him up like he is going to be the first pick in the draft next year! He's good, but way overrated, and there are way more guys that are better then Beau.
Brandon Rust on the other hand, is probably the best class B pitcher. It's argueable...But watching him pitch at state baseball, I couldnt argue that there is someone better then Rust.

my .02-Im not disowning or ripping on Beau Sinner, but I along with spoiler23, are sick of all the hype.
legionball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:01 am

How can you guys honestly say that Beau Sinner is overrated? Before giving up a run to FSHP this season he hadn't given up a run in somethin like 30 plus innings of legion ball. I think the kid has earned the hype being the lead pitcher on the state championship legion team.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Tigger » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:08 am

skidoo7c926 wrote: Fargo also have some good players goin into this year. There hitting the ball all over the place also. It'll more than likely come down to those two teams unless FS-HP plays really tough they have the pitching n along with hatton who has the hitting. It'll be close but in the end its goona be between Casselton and Fargo!

It's a three team race. Hatton, Hope-Finley, and Casselton all could win it. Unless the Bombers got an entirely new roster from last year, I doubt they will be able to beat those three at the end of the year.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 75ford » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:25 am

Tigger wrote:
skidoo7c926 wrote: Fargo also have some good players goin into this year. There hitting the ball all over the place also. It'll more than likely come down to those two teams unless FS-HP plays really tough they have the pitching n along with hatton who has the hitting. It'll be close but in the end its goona be between Casselton and Fargo!

It's a three team race. Hatton, Hope-Finley, and Casselton all could win it. Unless the Bombers got an entirely new roster from last year, I doubt they will be able to beat those three at the end of the year.

I heard that the Bombers have 6 remaining players last year. (Lundberg, Gefroh, Haarstad, Lee, Schroeder, and catcher Fiechtner). They have picked up some hitting, fielding and pitching in the new players. The Bombers did sweep the Hope-Finley lastnite 7-5, and 8-2. They look to be very competitive this season, time will tell.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:26 am

InTheKnow wrote:In section 4 Grafton, Munich, and Midway-Minto are the favorites. Midway-Minto went 4-1 in the Red River Diamond Classic in Fargo this past weekend finishing second in their pool behind the West Fargo Patriots.

Grafton won at Midway-Minto and the GF Blues beat Munich Monday night.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby tdog09 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:27 pm

What about Section 8? My top three teams are Beulah, Dickinson, and Washburn. Dickinson has split with Washburn, was beating beulah in the third last night when it got rained out, and is supposed to play Mandan today, weather pending. I like Dickinson this year they have lots of kids and lots of depth. also have to remind people that dickinson is 15-16 year olds
tdog09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby skidoo7c926 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Tigger wrote:

U have to put fargo into that race also they've been hitting the sweet out of the ball n some of the better pitchers in our section have got shelled by them! Hope-Finley is goin to be very tough if they start playing there best ball. There were tough during this spring n returning everyone from spring n bringing back john thoreson is a huge aspect 2 there team. There goona be solid in the end. Hatton deffinately will be in the top 4 also with there hitting. they found it this spring n brought everyone back plus ben strand from last yr. there goona be tough with there 1-2 punch in pladson n dafforn then bringin up strand huus n bilden. There all goona be tough outs this summer along with bildens pitching! 14-0 at the beginning of this season all-time in his HS career pitched around 6 games im thinkings so he's rite around 20-0 all-time he's got good stuff! I might be wrong with the record but the last i heard he was 14-0 at the beginning of the season could be wrong though!
skidoo7c926
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tigger » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Last year's Bombers team wasn't anywhere near as good as the previous two. I think the biggest addition for them this year will be putting Luke Rustad back in charge. With him and Jason Schwabe of Thompson in the mix, it is a pretty deep coaching pool in section 3.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winners&losers » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:21 pm

how about the metros, botno, rolette, dlb, cando, velva, and surrey region?? how does everyone think this section will play out?
winners&losers

Postby 75ford » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:39 pm

Tigger wrote:Last year's Bombers team wasn't anywhere near as good as the previous two. I think the biggest addition for them this year will be putting Luke Rustad back in charge. With him and Jason Schwabe of Thompson in the mix, it is a pretty deep coaching pool in section 3.

Score update from tonite the Fargo Bombers won 2 games in Casselton tonite 5-3 in conference game, and 6-3 in non conference game. In the conference game Casselton threw Rust, and Sinner came in relief. Bombers pitched the left hander Hochstatter that went all 7 innings.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby sekasum » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:29 pm

I like Washburn over Dickinson because they are looking to make up for their pitiful performance in High School
sekasum
NDPreps Starter

Postby trent16 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:53 am

How about Mandan in section 8, they stand alone in first at 13-1, they swept Washburn, swept Beulah last night (10 runed them the second game 11-0 in six), and split with Dickinson. They went to the Grand Forks Classic and beat Midway-Minto 7-6. I see them taking their section. They are also a young team with 2 juniors, 3 freshmen, and the rest are sophmores.
trent16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tigger » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:50 pm

75ford wrote:
Tigger wrote:Last year's Bombers team wasn't anywhere near as good as the previous two. I think the biggest addition for them this year will be putting Luke Rustad back in charge. With him and Jason Schwabe of Thompson in the mix, it is a pretty deep coaching pool in section 3.

Score update from tonite the Fargo Bombers won 2 games in Casselton tonite 5-3 in conference game, and 6-3 in non conference game. In the conference game Casselton threw Rust, and Sinner came in relief. Bombers pitched the left hander Hochstatter that went all 7 innings.

Bombers will choke near the end like they always do. It has happened for the past five years. It will be heartbreak city again baby!
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trent16 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 pm

Mandan took two tonight from Hazen and are now 15-1
trent16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 75ford » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:22 pm

Tigger wrote:
75ford wrote:

Bombers will choke near the end like they always do. It has happened for the past five years. It will be heartbreak city again baby!

The section looks like the Casselton and Bombers have the 2 best teams half way through the section, Bombers also look to have more hitting than Casselton. Both teams have pretty strong pitching also.
Hope and Hatton will also be very competitive at section tournament time. Time will tell how this plays out, do not count out the Bombers or Casselton as they are the top 2 teams this year. As for the past 5 years Bombers that has no bearing on what this team can do this year, they have a solid team period.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1402 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:44 pm

75ford wrote:
Tigger wrote:
75ford wrote:

The section looks like the Casselton and Bombers have the 2 best teams half way through the section, Bombers also look to have more hitting than Casselton. Both teams have pretty strong pitching also.
Hope and Hatton will also be very competitive at section tournament time. Time will tell how this plays out, do not count out the Bombers or Casselton as they are the top 2 teams this year. As for the past 5 years Bombers that has no bearing on what this team can do this year, they have a solid team period.

Both of them are very solid teams. Fargo has good hitting and are very smart hitters. The problem with them is there young and they dont play there best baseball when it matters in the section tourney. Dont count them out because they brought back 6 players and they have more experience n talent but casselton will be at the top with them and hatton i believe. Hattons only problem is they dont have the pitching u need in legion baseball.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:26 pm

Casselton beat Fargo on Thursday
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1402 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:01 pm

CV-H Bluesox beat FS/HP friday night. FS/HP i dont think will be a team to watch come tournaments they weren't a solid team at all. They threw Eric Parkman which is only a straight fastball but still they didnt make many plays and Aaron Meyer completely shut them out. He only had to throw 65 in 7 innings of work only gave up around 5 hits. CV-H was missing Chase Luchsinger and Cody Waslien along with FS/HP missing Zach Bergstrom.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby 75ford » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:08 am

gobison#6 wrote:Casselton beat Fargo on Thursday

That was a competive game, Beau Sinner pitched (Casselton) only allowed 5 hits in that game to 3 players on the Bombers (Lee-2, Horner-2 (1HR), and Gefroh 1). Bombers had Lundberg, and Larson on the mound and they walked 10 batters in that game, Casselton showed good patience at the plate. But the Bombers did have the tie run at the plate in the 7th and the cleanup hitter Johnson hit a weak fly to second base for last out. I still think that one of these two teams will win the section as they have the strongest hitting, skilled fielders, and depth in pitching to get to next level.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoPack#2 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:52 pm

There is no debate Casselton is going to win Section 3
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thatguy422 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:45 am

winners&losers wrote:how about the metros, botno, rolette, dlb, cando, velva, and surrey region?? how does everyone think this section will play out?

I can't see anybody other than rolette velva or surrey having a shot at this section. None of the other teams are very strong. Between rolette velva and surrey I think it will be whoever is playing their best when tournament time comes around. They all seem to be pretty even.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Class B