East-West Legion All-Star Game

Re: East-West Legion All-Star Game

Postby skidoo7c926 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:38 pm

the freak wrote:ok i did not mean to make it sound like i was calling out the becks they r both pretty good players i was jus saying that wen i see nichols and i see him being a better player then both of the becks and they both made so shudnt he?

Nichols is an excellent baseball player but still riley beck beats him in his all around game. He's got good stuff on the hill along with nichols which i think nichols is the better pitcher. Beck has the better of him with the bat though. He hits the crap out of the ball and nichols hits the ball decent but when he gets on hes dangerous with his speed!
skidoo7c926
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:07 am

skidoo7c926 wrote:
the freak wrote:ok i did not mean to make it sound like i was calling out the becks they r both pretty good players i was jus saying that wen i see nichols and i see him being a better player then both of the becks and they both made so shudnt he?

Nichols is an excellent baseball player but still riley beck beats him in his all around game. He's got good stuff on the hill along with nichols which i think nichols is the better pitcher. Beck has the better of him with the bat though. He hits the crap out of the ball and nichols hits the ball decent but when he gets on hes dangerous with his speed!

Now this is no slap in Riley Beck's face. He is a one h*ll of an athlete, and a great baseball player. But he is not as good as Seth Nichols. Nichols throws harder off the mound, has more power at the plate, and also hit for a way better average last year. Nichols hit in the 600's, Beck was in the 400s.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby luckyinlife » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:44 pm

You guys are getting bent out of shape on who made the team. Many invitations go out and many of the players invited reject the invitation. Maybe they have a conflict with that weekend, maybe they don't care about going.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby schafster33 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:56 pm

All of these people and no one from Mandan who has Aaron Janz with 6 home runs on the year?
schafster33
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cass8 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:04 pm

Tigger wrote:Casselton did win the state title. I'll admit maybe they should have about 2 less. I'm guessing the coaches have some control over their rosters. Metros coach picked up 6 class A kids, and Cass coach takes six of his own.

I talked to some of the casselton players about that. the only reason so many of them were supposed to go was because so many east kids declined invitations. such as watkins and holen (lamoure). so to complete a team radloff added his own players to the roster
cass8
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gobison#6 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:13 pm

cass8 wrote:
Tigger wrote:Casselton did win the state title. I'll admit maybe they should have about 2 less. I'm guessing the coaches have some control over their rosters. Metros coach picked up 6 class A kids, and Cass coach takes six of his own.

I talked to some of the casselton players about that. the only reason so many of them were supposed to go was because so many east kids declined invitations. such as watkins and holen (lamoure). so to complete a team radloff added his own players to the roster

exactly a lot of the east kids that are being named either said no or didnt respond at all so that is why the east had a bunch of casselton kids. i am guessing it was the same with the west.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Class B