2007 high school

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:38 pm

berry186 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:I do not think that region 1 gets enough credit....there are alot of good teams in that region... .Lamoure, Enderlin, Central Cass to name a few......they really showed they were a tough region in the wood bat tourney in Enderlin

who won the tourney

I know Dakota Prairie won all three games.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Tue May 01, 2007 4:40 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
berry186 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:I do not think that region 1 gets enough credit....there are alot of good teams in that region... .Lamoure, Enderlin, Central Cass to name a few......they really showed they were a tough region in the wood bat tourney in Enderlin

who won the tourney

I know Dakota Prairie won all three games.

as did lamoure and one more team...can't remember who though.
rep

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Tue May 01, 2007 5:12 am

berry186 wrote:

who won the tourney

Its more of like a jamboree. There is not winner. I'm not knockin the region at all. I was really impressed with whoever pitched for Central Cass against Bishop Ryan. he was clocked in the mid-80's I believe. But I know BR was not pitching any of their best. At least, for a team that good, he didn't seem like he would be within their top 3 or 4 pitchers. So I don't know how well you can really say how good these teams are in a tournament that you probably aren't going to see the best players on the mound for teams. You might be able to prove me wrong, but thats just my opinion. Central Cass I would say is very good however. They had a couple of strong bats in the tournament.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Tue May 01, 2007 5:21 am

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
berry186 wrote:

who won the tourney

Its more of like a jamboree. There is not winner. I'm not knockin the region at all. I was really impressed with whoever pitched for Central Cass against Bishop Ryan. he was clocked in the mid-80's I believe. But I know BR was not pitching any of their best. At least, for a team that good, he didn't seem like he would be within their top 3 or 4 pitchers. So I don't know how well you can really say how good these teams are in a tournament that you probably aren't going to see the best players on the mound for teams. You might be able to prove me wrong, but thats just my opinion. Central Cass I would say is very good however. They had a couple of strong bats in the tournament.

actually, donald allard of BR may be their ace
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Tue May 01, 2007 5:26 am

Backes and Kallias don't pitch?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby Akadema » Tue May 01, 2007 5:44 am

Actually there is a winner for the tournament. They go on a point system, first they go by overall record, then by point differential. Enderlin won the tournament because they had a higher point differential than Dakota Prairie and Lamoure
Akadema
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Tue May 01, 2007 6:27 am

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
berry186 wrote:

who won the tourney

I'm guessing your referring to Anthony Fontana? When we faced him he was fast, but i didnt know he threw mid-80's. Yes, region 1 is a very competative this year, their are some very good teams, Northern Cass, and LaMoure are undefeated in the Region, with Kindred and Central Cass having good seasons so far, so this should be a pretty close region this year.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue May 01, 2007 8:01 am

Just a few thoughts as I have just read this board for the first time. If the guys from Turtle Lake would spend as much time on their game as they do bragging about how darn good they are they could be a force to reckon with. It was the same on the football posts. Even after losing in state to Napoleon.

Second, what makes a great team?? Well this is my thought for anyone who cares. Great comes in many levels. When you have a team that produces wins year in and year out without winning the state tournament I think you can still be considered great. A team that wins it all in one year is great too. Heck, the team that wins one game that had previously won no games is great to it's fans. The truly great teams are the ones that find it disappointing if they don't make it to the state tournament every year. Now, with expectations and abilities like those you transcend the season and make the program truly great in everyones eyes.
Last edited by A - Football Fan on Tue May 01, 2007 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby power-aid14 » Tue May 01, 2007 4:36 pm

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:Backes and Kallias don't pitch?

yeah i guess you're right
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby power-aid14 » Wed May 02, 2007 7:05 pm

power-aid14 wrote:
experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:Backes and Kallias don't pitch?

yeah i guess you're right

allard is probly #4, just behind cody massine
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Class B