2007 high school

Postby coachk » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:30 am

I know his family pretty good and they said he had jetlag. He got home the night before from a national bowling tourney in Florida. They were hoping he didn't have to throw the first game but he wanted to so the outcome wasn't that good for him. chalk it up as a lesson learnt i guess. He usually is pretty tough. He beat the bestleft hander in south dakota earlier last summer by a score of 2-1. The kid from south dakota don't know his name but is going on to play at Oklahoma. Dutt gets on the weights and works hard in the offseason he will get better as he gets older he has three years of legion ball left.
coachk

Postby baseball » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:18 am

maybe a coach should know that if he just flew home from FLorida the day before he might not be that comfortable yet.....it was double elim so whats it hurt throwin your #2 first round and them coming back with your #1....ive seen state tourneys won that way.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby gamechanger » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:13 am

harvey is a laugher of a team!  now way their 7th in state, lost to many seniors.
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gamechanger » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:19 am

InTheKnow wrote:
muddy lots wrote:
tadam6 wrote:I dont think Lakota will be a top contender for state next year...they have 1 player...

Lakota was ranked #1 going into the regional tournament this last year and olderbak saw little time because he had mono. They only lose 2 ( wilkinson and johansen). should be pretty tough

Did Lakota have alot of players that played with a different Legion program or didnt play this summer because they finished last in Section 4.

no, they had pretty much the same team as high school, they just couldn't put anything together, overrated in my opinion, a good pitcher can definently shut them down.
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby coachk » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:33 am

I am sure the coach was aware of how Dutt. felt. Duttenhefer is not the ace of the staff. Both Robertsdahl and Selstedt are 1 and 2. I know their asst. coach well and he was saying they knew that Langdon was tough so they were hoping by throwing the lefty might be their best bet. Which probably was and I think was a good decision. That would save the 1 and 2 guys for a chance to come through the back door and it was a good move. Like you said teams have come back through the losers bracket buy saving the top pitchers and it almost worked for Galchutt. If they did not have the errors against LaMoure, ( 6 0f the 7 runs scored on errors) Galchutt would have had a chance against Langdon again with the top pitchers available yet. Its not always talent that wins ball games you need alittle luck and breaks too.
coachk

Postby cash » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:53 pm

gamechanger wrote:harvey is a laugher of a team!  now way their 7th in state, lost to many seniors.
i believe they lost 3 seniors, they went to ndsu, valley city, and bsc, and i think they all could play baseball there, and i think some of them are, i think they'll be ok, they have a lot of pitching
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:07 pm

no disrespect to Volk and Buxa but i dont think either one could play at NDSU, Buxa maybe VCSU.  i dont know who goes where but i dont think they are D-1 caliber.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cash » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:10 pm

baseball wrote:no disrespect to Volk and Buxa but i dont think either one could play at NDSU, Buxa maybe VCSU.  i dont know who goes where but i dont think they are D-1 caliber.
volk is at vcsu i believe, buxa is at ndsu, i don't know if either of them made the teams, i know volk is playing football so he wouldn't be playing fall ball, and i know for a fact that frantz is playing at bsc, ndsu's website dosen't show buxa on the roster, so i my guess is he didn't make it or the roster's not updated if he did...i think buxa could play for ndsu, he's a tremendous athlete
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bison_18 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:11 pm

He is a good athlete, but there's a thing in college called a "frame." Preferably you need to have one,. They only have a handfull of kids from ND on the roster. You have to dominate in ND to make NDSU.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:50 pm

bison_18 wrote:He is a good athlete, but there's a thing in college called a "frame." Preferably you need to have one,. They only have a handfull of kids from ND on the roster. You have to dominate in ND to make NDSU.
why ndsu isint a good baseball school...werent they like 9 and 38 or something last year :D
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:27 pm

if anyone remembers the name Matt Bakkum, Steele graduate 2004, he was FARRRRRRR better then Kevin Buxa and he didnt even make NDSU.  just a clue as to how hard it is to make the team there.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison_18 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:31 am

cash wrote:
bison_18 wrote:He is a good athlete, but there's a thing in college called a "frame." Preferably you need to have one,. They only have a handfull of kids from ND on the roster. You have to dominate in ND to make NDSU.
why ndsu isint a good baseball school...werent they like 9 and 38 or something last year :D

They're a a thing called division I, that's why.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:14 am

bison_18 wrote:
cash wrote:

They're a a thing called division I, that's why.
in my opinion their pretty much still a d2 team in baseball, their not very good yet, if they could get some recruits in the next couple years, they could be good, but their jump to d1 didnt work too good
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:15 pm

baseball wrote:if anyone remembers the name Matt Bakkum, Steele graduate 2004, he was FARRRRRRR better then Kevin Buxa and he didnt even make NDSU.  just a clue as to how hard it is to make the team there.

I have to agree with baseball.  Matt Bakkum was way way way better then Kevin Buxa. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison_18 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:56 pm

Just being from ND slims your chances for making the team, or it seems like it does.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby lightning » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:32 pm

baseball wrote:yea it might be weak, steele returns bakkum, nick and jon lang, and braden martin. lossing six starters.  Washburn returns only Blake Kaul and Nathan Richards i believe along with lossing coach Larson.
Steele also get to start a freshman named adam randall  heard he was pretty good in legion baseball this year.
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby broncos1428 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:59 am

Thompson and Central Valley should have a good battle this season
broncos1428

Postby Big Hitter » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:51 am

gamechanger wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
muddy lots wrote:
tadam6 wrote:I dont think Lakota will be a top contender for state next year...they have 1 player...

Lakota was ranked #1 going into the regional tournament this last year and olderbak saw little time because he had mono. They only lose 2 ( wilkinson and johansen). should be pretty tough

Did Lakota have alot of players that played with a different Legion program or didnt play this summer because they finished last in Section 4.

no, they had pretty much the same team as high school, they just couldn't put anything together, overrated in my opinion, a good pitcher can definently shut them down.

NO. we didn't have the johansen bros they play for DL plus olderbak had mono for part of the summer still. Chris Hoerth is one of the best hitters in the state and lance johansen a junior this year went nine and one as a starter so don't say lakota only has one player. The legion is kinda a wrenck in lakota they don't have the college players coming back to play for them like a lot of other legions do. So in my opinion we should be the most experience team in the region, since we only lost two seniors.
Big Hitter

Postby Big Hitter » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm

I think that the lakota baseball team is going to have a very good year coming up. They only lost two starters from last year so we will have plenty of deapth. Johansen, Olderbak, and Chris Hoerth will play a big role in the seasons success. Cory Wall is one of the best outfieders around and has a great arm. Lakota is in a very good region with DP Midkota, who I think will be down a little this year, and Harvey who should be okay but lost three very good players. Tanner is a good player. He is a very  good pitcher but somtimes has control problems. He is a good hitter but is only a fastball hitter, can't hit a curve very well. He will have to carry that team the entire year. DP they should be good again this year, Ross and Seth are both very good ball players that can hit and are good pitchers as well. I don't think they are going to be albe to play with some of the other teams, one because they are pretty young plus their coach is a jerk. Midkota will be well coach but may lack some of the talent of previous years.
Big Hitter

Postby tadam6 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:54 pm

i dont mean to jump on lakota because they do have some good and decent players but the team itself simply lacks in knowing how to win a ball game. You never see Lakota string some hits together to bring in runs. you always see them grabbing a run here and one there but never a rally to get the other team on its heels. that is why i dont think they will make it to the state tournament
tadam6

Postby Big Hitter » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:06 am

[user=734]tadam6[/user] wrote:
i dont mean to jump on lakota because they do have some good and decent players but the team itself simply lacks in knowing how to win a ball game. You never see Lakota string some hits together to bring in runs. you always see them grabbing a run here and one there but never a rally to get the other team on its heels. that is why i dont think they will make it to the state tournament

That is a good point. Lakota has not had the leadership in the last two years. Last year they had two seniors that were good but had never won in sports in their highshcool careers. The year before they had one senior and he played JV. This year they have a core group of seniors that knows what it takes to win big game from having experience from other sports. So I guess we will just have to see lakota needs a kid to said up and be a leader.
Big Hitter

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:40 am

broncos1428 wrote:Thompson and Central Valley should have a good battle this season

Hatton-Northwood and Central Valley should have a good battle this year. There, that sounds alot better. Thompson doesn't have a complete team. They have half a team, and then the other half almost like they are just filling in spots. I got nothing against the guys from Thompson, but last year, their team played in the second games in legion was BAD. We had to stop hitting in the first inning against them because they couldn't conjure up 3 outs. And guess what, we did the same thing the second inning. They have The 2 Kjemhus's and Syrstaad left for starters. They have Jake Cooley and Casey Nelson for others that will do good. But they need 4 more guys to step up and I doubt they can come up with those guys. Losing 6 starters is going to hurt them far more than Central Valley's and Hatton-Northwood's last year's seniors being gone. And if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it Hatton-Northwood that got second in the region to Thompson last year, beating CV twice in that regional tournament? Hatton-Northwood lost their 4,5,6 batters, which provided some pitching. But they have enough pitching back to cover for their last years losses. And the power coming from there might not be that big of a loss concidering we switch to wood. Thompson will be up there because of their top 2 pitchers but the rest of the pitchers are very beatable. Cooley is good, but he needs another year before he peaks.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:52 pm

Thompson and CV will be a better battle I think
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:50 am

power-aid14 wrote:10. steele-dawson(lost a lot but enough to keep them in the top 10)

9. grafton-young and could make a run

8. midkota-great coach

7. hatton-northwood--young and can pull off big wins

6. lamoure-returning with experience and decent pitching

5. harvey--lorenz would carry that team if he can pitch a lot at regionals

4. thompson--lose a lot, but still have top two pitchers and so much experience

3. Velva--they can just hit even though they wont have much for pitching

2. Bishop Ryan--young and have lots of promise

1. Central Valley--you see they just beat thompson, these kids are good

CV? They lost their ace, Sundeen i think his name was. And besides Brend, who in the world do they have?
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:42 pm

they are gonna have an all seniors out there starting, and they won the Babe Ruth title a few years back, they got guys to replace sundeen.
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class B