2007 high school

Postby bball1niner » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:43 am

web17 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:10. steele-dawson(lost a lot but enough to keep them in the top 10)

9. grafton-young and could make a run

8. midkota-great coach

7. hatton-northwood--young and can pull off big wins

6. lamoure-returning with experience and decent pitching

5. harvey--lorenz would carry that team if he can pitch a lot at regionals

4. thompson--lose a lot, but still have top two pitchers and so much experience

3. Velva--they can just hit even though they wont have much for pitching

2. Bishop Ryan--young and have lots of promise

1. Central Valley--you see they just beat thompson, these kids are good

CV? They lost their ace, Sundeen i think his name was. And besides Brend, who in the world do they have?

who is good that midkota has coming back and what about langdon?
bball1niner

Postby baseball » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:59 am

i belive midkota has Sheldon Harding coming back, isnt he only a junior? and a Stangland kid, i dont remember if it was him or his brother who played left field last year.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cash » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:16 pm

midkota wont be able to compete with harvey or lakota this year, they will fall off
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:01 pm

does harvey even have any decent hitters...from what it sounds like they only have a pitcher...
tadam6

Postby Dizza30 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:11 pm

cash wrote:midkota wont be able to compete with harvey or lakota this year, they will fall off

midkota will be in it til the end....also dakota prairie will be pretty good...
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:49 pm

tadam6 wrote:does harvey even have any decent hitters...from what it sounds like they only have a pitcher...

Krahler is a pretty good hitter and Lorenz is a fastball hitter....struggles with a curveball
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cash » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:47 pm

it dosent really matter, their hitting will be good enough, odds are good that no one will beat krahler or lorenz, their both very solid, and with bats, that makes it even tougher, although, anything can happen, and with that bein said, anyone could beat them, but the odds are in harveys favor that when lorenz or krhaler pitch, its a W, midkota will be the 3 team in the region, dp is still young, give them 2 years, then their top tema in the state
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:47 am

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
broncos1428 wrote:Thompson and Central Valley should have a good battle this season

Hatton-Northwood and Central Valley should have a good battle this year. There, that sounds alot better. Thompson doesn't have a complete team. They have half a team, and then the other half almost like they are just filling in spots. I got nothing against the guys from Thompson, but last year, their team played in the second games in legion was BAD. We had to stop hitting in the first inning against them because they couldn't conjure up 3 outs. And guess what, we did the same thing the second inning. They have The 2 Kjemhus's and Syrstaad left for starters. They have Jake Cooley and Casey Nelson for others that will do good. But they need 4 more guys to step up and I doubt they can come up with those guys. Losing 6 starters is going to hurt them far more than Central Valley's and Hatton-Northwood's last year's seniors being gone. And if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it Hatton-Northwood that got second in the region to Thompson last year, beating CV twice in that regional tournament? Hatton-Northwood lost their 4,5,6 batters, which provided some pitching. But they have enough pitching back to cover for their last years losses. And the power coming from there might not be that big of a loss concidering we switch to wood. Thompson will be up there because of their top 2 pitchers but the rest of the pitchers are very beatable. Cooley is good, but he needs another year before he peaks.
What about zach myron a very good infielder. I also see byran syrstad stepping up. RIcky Morgan is a very good young player behind the plate. I think this will be a good year for thompson. This won't make sense to anyone but me but think about hillsboro basketball coach elliot rutvold. When they had leraas, evenson, and so on they were not as good as they should have been for one reason. They were so talented and they knew how to play their style of ball so he didn't do to much coaching and they lost. Just like Rotvold, Brantl had a hard time trying to get thomspon to play consistently and  keep getting better. because they had been taught all they needed to know. Brantl is a good teacher of the game he will now be able to coach instead of babysit. i think the wood bats will make a difference with this team because of theikr pitching. i know brantl will find someone who can catch in the outfield and i know for a fact they will be a good team.
PA42

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:24 am

footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:Thompson and CV will be a better battle I think

how so? please, enlighten me.
Last edited by thunderbaseball_38 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:28 am

horne98 wrote:
thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
broncos1428 wrote:Thompson and Central Valley should have a good battle this season

Hatton-Northwood and Central Valley should have a good battle this year. There, that sounds alot better. Thompson doesn't have a complete team. They have half a team, and then the other half almost like they are just filling in spots. I got nothing against the guys from Thompson, but last year, their team played in the second games in legion was BAD. We had to stop hitting in the first inning against them because they couldn't conjure up 3 outs. And guess what, we did the same thing the second inning. They have The 2 Kjemhus's and Syrstaad left for starters. They have Jake Cooley and Casey Nelson for others that will do good. But they need 4 more guys to step up and I doubt they can come up with those guys. Losing 6 starters is going to hurt them far more than Central Valley's and Hatton-Northwood's last year's seniors being gone. And if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it Hatton-Northwood that got second in the region to Thompson last year, beating CV twice in that regional tournament? Hatton-Northwood lost their 4,5,6 batters, which provided some pitching. But they have enough pitching back to cover for their last years losses. And the power coming from there might not be that big of a loss concidering we switch to wood. Thompson will be up there because of their top 2 pitchers but the rest of the pitchers are very beatable. Cooley is good, but he needs another year before he peaks.
What about zach myron a very good infielder. I also see byran syrstad stepping up. RIcky Morgan is a very good young player behind the plate. I think this will be a good year for thompson. This won't make sense to anyone but me but think about hillsboro basketball coach elliot rutvold. When they had leraas, evenson, and so on they were not as good as they should have been for one reason. They were so talented and they knew how to play their style of ball so he didn't do to much coaching and they lost. Just like Rotvold, Brantl had a hard time trying to get thomspon to play consistently and  keep getting better. because they had been taught all they needed to know. Brantl is a good teacher of the game he will now be able to coach instead of babysit. i think the wood bats will make a difference with this team because of theikr pitching. i know brantl will find someone who can catch in the outfield and i know for a fact they will be a good team.

I'd say Myron's a better hitter than infielder. Bryan Syrstaad and Ricky Morgan both need one more year to be better. Thompson has 2 good pitchers. They need more than that. Cooley will be great his senior year, but he will just be average this year. He is definately not going to shut many teams down. They need more pitching, and a more complete batting line-up to top HN and CV
thunderbaseball_38

Postby Big Hitter » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:03 pm

Dizza30 wrote:
cash wrote:midkota wont be able to compete with harvey or lakota this year, they will fall off

I don't know bout midkota being able to compete with Lakota or Harvey one of those to with win the region.
Big Hitter

Postby tadam6 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:13 pm

i hope your ready to back up your talkin w/ playin bighitter...midkota is one of the best coached teams in the state...
tadam6

Postby bball1niner » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:41 pm

tadam6 wrote:i hope your ready to back up your talkin w/ playin bighitter...midkota is one of the best coached teams in the state...
no offense to bighitter...but lakota has been picked to be good for the last couple years, and they haven't done anything in high school or legion..except with the regular season last year, but still didn't make it to state
bball1niner

Postby cash » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:43 pm

bball1niner wrote:
tadam6 wrote:i hope your ready to back up your talkin w/ playin bighitter...midkota is one of the best coached teams in the state...
no offense to bighitter...but lakota has been picked to be good for the last couple years, and they haven't done anything in high school or legion..except with the regular season last year, but still didn't make it to state
lakota will be decent this year, they will have a hard time beating harvey, cause they are not the worlds greatest hitters
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:52 pm

everybody's gonna have a hard time beating harvey cuz they're allstars...
tadam6

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:57 pm

tadam6 wrote:everybody's gonna have a hard time beating harvey cuz they're allstars...

no other way to put it....u are 100% correct
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tadam6 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:59 pm

no way im steppin in the box....sceeeee rew that
tadam6

Postby cash » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:22 pm

hahaha, i meant lakota will have a hard time hitting any team, not just harvey, but who wont struggle hitting this year with wood bats? honestly
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Devils » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:22 am

hollywood wrote:i think they made it to state babe ruth two years in a row

they picked up kids to help them make it to state, there 3 batter for babe ruth plays for midkota
Devils
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Devils » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:25 am

Big Hitter wrote:
Dizza30 wrote:

I don't know bout midkota being able to compete with Lakota or Harvey one of those to with win the region.

midkota will be a favorite to win the region
Devils
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Big Hitter » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:39 am

I know Midkota will be well coached but that doesn't mean they have the players to win just because they have a good coach. Last time I checked the players play the game not the coaches
Big Hitter

Postby cash » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:21 am

Devils wrote:
Big Hitter wrote:
Dizza30 wrote:

midkota will be a favorite to win the region
we will see
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Devils » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:03 pm

Big Hitter wrote:
I know Midkota will be well coached but that doesn't mean they have the players to win just because they have a good coach. Last time I checked the players play the game not the coaches

They have better players than youd think, there JV only lost 1 or 2 games last year, they have a couple kids from there JV who started a few games last year who will start all the time.
Devils
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cash » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:37 pm

sheldon, nic, and garrett harding are all good, umm, i cant think of his name, joel anderson, hes good, who else do they have, those are four good players
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 32 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:10 pm

cash wrote:sheldon, nic, and garrett harding are all good, umm, i cant think of his name, joel anderson, hes good, who else do they have, those are four good players

Travis Duffy, lead off hitter, Josh Quick, started for the state legion team at first.
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Class B